PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

I wouldn't mind. Besides some uploaders split files in RARs .... If you have a group of friends then you can split the download work among ur friends. 10gb each ain't so bad .....

Dual Layer DVD's have also become cheap, around 6 DL DVDs will have 1 Bluray Disc, which will cost around 60 Bucks and maybe sold for 100 bucks. One will need to have a computer to join all the parts but hey when one will be saving 1000 bucks he may opt for this option.

quan chi said:
sony will never loose much.first of all who will go on downloading or uploading 20-30 gb files.some are even 50gb in size.
many would,i can download 50gb in a day or two at my connection speed

and you are forgetting that many people don't have to download but buy copies for rs.100 that hawkers sell

and most of the games arern't that big because of 360 multi-platforming

quan chi said:
sony will never loose much.first of all who will go on downloading or uploading 20-30 gb files.some are even 50gb in size.
What ?? can you enlighten me which game is of 50gb mate ??

even exclusives like KZ2 , GOW3 , HEAVY RAIN are between 20-30gb ... rest all are under 10gb

and people still download games more than 10gb on their 256kbps connection so i gues downloading 20gb too wont be too big a problem :) ..

dark.lord.rules said:

even exclusives like KZ2 , GOW3 , HEAVY RAIN are between 20-30gb ... rest all are under 10gb

and people still download games more than 10gb on their 256kbps connection so i gues downloading 20gb too wont be too big a problem :) ..
MGS4 is 50gbs and LBP is 45gb,ff13 is 38gbs

agree on people downloading though

brickhouse said:
MGS4 is 50gbs and LBP is 45gb,ff13 is 38gbs

agree on people downloading though
and how did u come to know that mgs4 is 50gb ?? i hope now you will say that it also takes up 24gb of the hdd to get installed ??

AFAIK MGS4 is approx 33gb ....

Are we talking about downloading those ISO rips on the internet or the back up dumps created by backup manager?

If it's the former then there is no use. Backup manager needs an original game to create it's dump on the HDD. PS3's BD drive isn't modified yet, so getting those ISO's is of no use.

I think the hack will work positively towards the sale of the PS3. I mean, the xbox had been cracked eons ago but that really hasn't affected sale of the software that much. It still outsells the PS3 and as long as people have the hw, software sales will follow. Consider this analogy, you have 10 consoles buying 10 games each and you have 100 consoles buying 2 games each. The sales increase exponentially due to the increase in the number of consoles. And you still need originals to play online so thts the biggest reason for core gamers to buy originals.

If you think on a Conspiracy Theory level, maybe this hack has been released by Sony itself to counter and ultimately decimate the Xbox Short. I mean it does sound plausible....in a conspiracy theory kinda of a way. Reminds me of another movie called Duplicity.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Are we talking about downloading those ISO rips on the internet or the back up dumps created by backup manager?

If it's the former then there is no use. Backup manager needs an original game to create it's dump on the HDD. PS3's BD drive isn't modified yet, so getting those ISO's is of no use.
they will do something about it and will make a software for the same on PC to do it and then put it on PS3 HDD

something like that will happen

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dark.lord.rules said:
and how did u come to know that mgs4 is 50gb ?? i hope now you will say that it also takes up 24gb of the hdd to get installed ??

AFAIK MGS4 is approx 33gb ....
no i'm not talking about the HDD thing

hell MGS4 is that big,why do you think people make the joke that Kojima will fill anything that he gets????

it is very well known it is that big.it isn't exact 50gb just a bit less that it

The software can make dumps of the original games on an external hdd also rite ?? ... then why not the uploaders upload the dump created on the hdd... we download it transfer to the ps3 hdd and play using backup manager ?? .......

agupta02 said:
I think the hack will work positively towards the sale of the PS3. I mean, the xbox had been cracked eons ago but that really hasn't affected sale of the software that much. It still outsells the PS3 and as long as people have the hw, software sales will follow. Consider this analogy, you have 10 consoles buying 10 games each and you have 100 consoles buying 2 games each. The sales increase exponentially due to the increase in the number of consoles. And you still need originals to play online so thts the biggest reason for core gamers to buy originals.

If you think on a Conspiracy Theory level, maybe this hack has been released by Sony itself to counter and ultimately decimate the Xbox Short. I mean it does sound plausible....in a conspiracy theory kinda of a way. Reminds me of another movie called Duplicity.
how can we know that piracy hasn't affected 360 software sales?????

they have millions of games pirated.atleast some of those would buy games

and 360 doesn't sell more software then PS3,last year PS3 sold more than 360 and even this year PS3's software sales are higher than 360

SOFTWARE sales will follow but not at the same rate at which they would do without piracy.

and you don't need original to play online,atleast not atm on with this PS3 jailbreak and 360 itself has still got ways to get past the online thing

"so thts the biggest reason for core gamers to buy originals."

wtf?

there are ample amount of players that buy games and are hardcore and don't play online

dark.lord.rules said:
The software can make dumps of the original games on an external hdd also rite ?? ... then why not the uploaders upload the dump created on the hdd... we download it transfer to the ps3 hdd and play using backup manager ?? .......
wrong

you need a game on disc to backup with the backup manager to the hdd

if you don't have a disc then ps3 couldn't be fooled as it has to think the orginal is in there

and you don't backup from the hdd but the disc onto the hdd

don't worry they will come around this

Compiled the disk size of each PS3 exclusives

MGS4 is 32.5GB

GoD of War 3 - 43.2Gb

Killzone 2 - 13.2Gb

Heavy Rain - 25Gb

Infamous - 7.6 Gb

Demons Souls - 9GB

Heavenly Sword - 24.2Gb

LBP - 7.07 GB

Ratchet and Clank Crank in Time - 24.8GB

Reistance - 16.6Gb, Resistance 2 - 23.7GB

dark.lord.rules said:

Though i am not sure but mgs4 is around 50 gb.:D

many places it was mentioned. here a link as an example.http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/02/kojima-mgs4-too-big-for-50-gb-blu-ray-disc/

dinjo said:
Compiled the disk size of each PS3 exclusives

MGS4 is 32.5GB

GoD of War 3 - 43.2Gb

Killzone 2 - 13.2Gb

Heavy Rain - 25Gb

Infamous - 7.6 Gb

Demons Souls - 9GB

Heavenly Sword - 24.2Gb

LBP - 7.07 GB

Ratchet and Clank Crank in Time - 24.8GB

Reistance - 16.6Gb, Resistance 2 - 23.7GB
alot are wrong an lbp is nowhere near 7 gb,it was only the compressed PSN release that was that small and GOW3 bigger than MGS4.......lol

quan chi said:
Though i am not sure but mgs4 is around 50 gb.:D

many places it was mentioned. here a link as an example.Kojima: MGS4 too big for 50 GB Blu-ray disc | Joystiq
it is true thats why

Why cant gow3 be bigger than MGS4 ?? do you even know how many minutes of game play and cut scenes MGS4 has ??

someone with mgs4 and a bdrom can verify it plz :p

dark.lord.rules said:
Why cant gow3 be bigger than MGS4 ?? do you even know how many minutes of game play and cut scenes MGS4 has ??

MGS4 is a big game and has a heck lot of cutscenes and uncompressed audio,etc

the bdrom wouldn't be that good to check,alot of people have provided different sizes.and disc sometimes even looks bigger size than it is and sometime smaller.

it is the same with PS2 dvds and many others

brickhouse said:
alot are wrong an lbp is nowhere near 7 gb,it was only the compressed PSN release that was that small and GOW3 bigger than MGS4.......lol

LBP is GOTY copy , if you don't know MGS4 videos are compressed hence you require to install the game after every act , which is not the case in GOW3, get your fac

dark.lord.rules said:

Its verified not to worry..

RD274 said:
I wouldn't mind. Besides some uploaders split files in RARs .... If you have a group of friends then you can split the download work among ur friends. 10gb each ain't so bad .....

lol lol:lol: man you idea is nice!:D

brickhouse said:
many would,i can download 50gb in a day or two at my connection speed

and you are forgetting that many people don't have to download but buy copies for rs.100 that hawkers sell

and most of the games arern't that big because of 360 multi-platforming

dude its better to download than buying from those hawkers.those idiots will sell it more than rs 100.cos it will consist of more than 2 disks.

anyways i think even i can download 50 gb in 70 hrs.
But i would still prefer getting the original than waiting for so many hours.

dinjo said:
LBP is GOTY copy , if you don't know MGS4 videos are compressed hence you require to install the game after every act , which is not the case in GOW3

DON'T KNOW ABOUT lbp goty,they could have compressed it.

they did it for the psn version

MGS4 isn't compressed much that is why it is that big.installation doesn't mean that the thing is compressed.

it only means that without the installation it would be even bigger.

Back