PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

brickhouse said:
MGS4 is a big game and has a heck lot of cutscenes and uncompressed audio,etc

the bdrom wouldn't be that good to check,alot of people have provided different sizes.and disc sometimes even looks bigger size than it is and sometime smaller.

it is the same with PS2 dvds and many others
MGS4 has 120mins of cutscenes n vids with 6.30hrs of gameplay AFAIK !!! ... and GOW3 claims to be of approx 10hours of just gameplay !! ... so why the heck GOW3 cant be bigger than MGS4 ?? ..... theres no way m gonna believe MGS4 is of 50gb ... nor will anyone else do agree

brickhouse said:
DON'T KNOW ABOUT lbp goty,they could have compressed it.

they did it for the psn version

MGS4 isn't compressed much that is why it is that big.installation doesn't mean that the thing is compressed.

it only means that without the installation it would be even bigger.
Ok Game developer

quan chi said:
ldude its better to download than buying from those hawkers.those idiots will sell it more than rs 100.cos it will consist of more than 2 disks.

anyways i think even i can download 50 gb in 30 hrs.
But i would still prefer getting the original than waiting for so many hours.

i agree its better,i was just giving options to as how people can do it

and i do the same getting the original,the devs deserve the money

dark.lord.rules said:
MGS4 has 120mins of cutscenes n vids with 6.30hrs of gameplay AFAIK !!! ... and GOW3 claims to be of approx 10hours of just gameplay !! ... so why the heck GOW3 cant be bigger than MGS4 ?? ..... theres no way m gonna believe MGS4 is of 50gb ... nor will anyone else do agree

This game MGS4 was with me for good 6 months. 120 minutes of cutscenes seem to be an understatement. I played this one for like 2 hours and out of that at least 45 minutes was cutscenes.

I'd say the cutscene to gameplay ratio is like 40:60

Also the game has multiple audio files. All in true HD/DTS MA. No compression done anywhere.

50GB is the right estimate.

MGS 4 Cutscenes Collection.

set3qc.jpg

dark.lord.rules said:
so don't believe and don't expect people to believe you.

MGS4 was basically big cause the PS3 was new in 2008 still

and the compression wasn't that good and it was easier to leave games uncompressed and the hdd install helped further

GOW3 is a 2010 title when devs know alot about PS3 and compression techeniques have improved

i agree if MGS4 was made today then it would be far lesser but at its time it did go to that far.it was around 48gbs or so not full 50gbs

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dinjo said:
Ok Game developer
ok game developer

dinjo said:
MGS 4 Cutscenes Collection.

set3qc.jpg
you just don't understand.

and the audio is uncompressed too. which also take alot of space.

if going by the screenshot,many things can be wrong.

dark.lord.rules said:

well mate let me explain it to you this way.
this is what i think.
lets consider pc for an example.now if you compare just cause 2 is around 4-5 gb in size.and just cause 1 takes around 6gb of space.
the gfx of jc2 is far better than jc1 and even has longer gameplay i think.
now in some games the texture and all the other things can be compressed more effectively.
The size does increase if you add more prerendered cutscenes.if the cutscenes are made on the fly means if its rendered within the game then it reduces a lot of space.
jc1 has many prerendered cutscenes.
thats why in jc2 the space required is less as it do not have much prerendered cutscenes.

gow3 on the other hand has cutscenes on the fly thats why it might have less size.

PSJailbreak cloned already? Creators plea to buy the original for 'support' and 'warranty'

By the makers own admission, the PSJailbreak has already been 'cloned'. Upon their website (which is now partially accessible), there is a message which states the following (been there since the start, although not many have been able to see)- "Beware of imitators and chinese knock-offs, PS Jailbreak is the original solution, Buy original for warranty and support". Upon analysis of the text, the clearly wouldn't let people know there are 'knock-offs' in existance if there weren't. Although, from their later plea to buy the 'original for warranty and support', this suggests that the knock-offs do actually work otherwise they would say they don't. This whole device has been a bit of a 'mystery' and perhaps it is all over mainland China right now. Check the image to the left inside to see the full 'warning'.

On a related note, another website has reported (a couple of days ago) that clones are set to brace the market as early as next week, here's what psx-scene stated "We've heard from numerous sources that their PS Jailbreak clones will be hitting as early as next week."

If true, this highly raises the possibility of the code becoming public domain and the hack essentially becoming as free as custom firmwares of the past. Time will tell.

Source: MaxConsole - PSJailbreak cloned already? Creators plea to buy the original for 'support' and 'warranty'

Long Live China :D

brickhouse said:
the original sellers are saying that support would be a problem with these copycats

nonetheless these will be cheap by the end of the year
I hope they gonna be cheap when its launched :p ....

And why will original sellers say that the copies are perfect ??? :bleh:

^Original Makers are pleaing for Warranty & Support for buying Original thing from them. Not mentioned anywhere on the site that Chinese Copycats are imperfect :)

brickhouse said:
they will do something about it and will make a software for the same on PC to do it and then put it on PS3 HDD

something like that will happen

Actually it could, but wouldn't we need a Blue Ray drive for the PC to do that ? But yes, if someone (usually a pirate release group) is generous enough to take the dump of the game (using the yet to be released software, as mentioned by you) and then spilts it into parts (using winrar or HJsplit) and then decides to distribute it , the commoners might have a chance to get a game on their console without actually putting in a blue ray in the PS3 itself .

dark.lord.rules said:
I hope they gonna be cheap when its launched :p ....

And why will original sellers say that the copies are perfect ??? :bleh:
UPDATES for future firmware and support,etc

Zero Cool said:
Actually it could, but wouldn't we need a Blue Ray drive for the PC to do that ? But yes, if someone (usually a pirate release group) is generous enough to take the dump of the game (using the yet to be released software, as mentioned by you) and then spilts it into parts (using winrar or HJsplit) and then decides to distribute it , the commoners might have a chance to get a game on their console without actually putting in a blue ray in the PS3 itself .
yeah you would need a blu-ray drive the same way you needed a dvd drive for ps2 and other consoles

the pirates will start dumping on the net,that wouldn't be a problem

and team hades and ce4a are already working on a blu-ray drive solution after they dumped PS3 blu-ray drive on PC

"the commoners might have a chance to get a game on their console without actually putting in a blue ray in the PS3 itself ."

the PS3 has to be fooled that the original game is in there so blu-ray will hhave to be there atm

and as piracy starts on PS3,it wil push blu-ray sales itself making blu-ray the format more used and hence cheaper

the PS3 has to be fooled that the original game is in there so blu-ray will hhave to be there atm
and the blu-ray can be of any game ... :) ...

BTW someone at some other forum has posted that hes friend has ordered the usb dongle thing ... he'll be getting it by the 29th .. keeping a watch on that thread :p ...

And its already cloned :p

attachment.php

MaxConsole - PSJailbreak cloned already? Creators plea to buy the original for 'support' and 'warranty'

brickhouse said:
so don't believe and don't expect people to believe you.

MGS4 was basically big cause the PS3 was new in 2008 still

and the compression wasn't that good and it was easier to leave games uncompressed and the hdd install helped further

GOW3 is a 2010 title when devs know alot about PS3 and compression techeniques have improved

i agree if MGS4 was made today then it would be far lesser but at its time it did go to that far.it was around 48gbs or so not full 50gbs

ok game developer

you just don't understand.

and the audio is uncompressed too. which also take alot of space.

if going by the screenshot,many things can be wrong.

It was just for you...

2b1574.jpg

Back