PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

There might be some redundant data added on BR disc, to accommodate it's slow reading speed.

So the actual data will be smaller in size or maybe its in uncompressed format.

As u have seen inFamous on PSN is actual size is 8Gb...after installation da size increases...similar to PC(i guess :ashamed:)

xXx said:
There might be some redundant data added on BR disc, to accommodate it's slow reading speed.

So the actual data will be smaller in size or maybe its in uncompressed format.

As u have seen inFamous on PSN is actual size is 8Gb...after installation da size increases...similar to PC(i guess :ashamed:)
+1

lbp and infamous PSN downloads are so small

Alright so whats the jailbreak scene as of now? Can the application run without plugging in the USB dongle? Don't seem like Sony has released a new firmware to tackle this issue as yet. :)

Am on a vacation and was away from TE for a couple of days. :p

^go thru the thread then... :bleh:

As it may seem, the application cannot be run without the USB dongle.

The link for DL provided by Brickhouse was for Backup Manager Software to be installed on PS3, which I am scared to install :p

In other news Chinese have struck the Jailbreak Team :p

A few days ago there was news of the PS3 finally getting hacked with the help of the PSJailbreak mod chip which allowed users to backup games to the PS3 and play them without the original disc.

The device had only one problem with it which was the price. At $170 it was a very expensive solution to jailbreak a PS3 and now certain clone “Chinese†mod chips have surfaced that are available for $20-30 by the name of x3Jailbreak.

The authors of PSJailbreak are calling it a fake and telling potential buyers to stay away from it since the devices have no warranty support.

Beware of imitators and Chinese knock-offs, PS Jailbreak is the original solution, Buy original for warranty and support

The clone USB mod chips will, in my opinion, finally allow people to exploit this jailbreak method for the PS3, since the PSJailbreak is VERY expensive at $170 especially considering that there is no surety that the device will work with newer firmware versions and the possibility of this software exploit being blocked is very high. In this situation, the $30 jailbreak solution is the one people will likely try out, though it would still be better if the code for the device is made public so that everyone can use it free of charge.

Still as I mentioned before, there is a very high possibility that this method won’t last for long so it’s better to wait for Sony’s response to these modchips before using them since the mod is not reversible.

Source:
x3JailBreak is Clone of PS Jailbreak USB Modchip for PS3, Leaked Code May Enable Anyone to Create Free Custom Modchips | Redmond Pie
..:: x3JAILBREAK.COM ::..Official Website

nobody said that GOW wasn't that big.

the discussion was about mgs4 size

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Zero Cool said:
Ahem ahem ......... Xbox 360 hacking gurus C4Eva and Team Jungle get to work on the PS3

MaxConsole - Xbox 360 hacking gurus C4Eva and Team Jungle get to work on the PS3

The hackers are determined to make it against all odds , it seems.
they have been on it for sometime

they already dumped the ps3 blu-ray drive on pc

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
Alright so whats the jailbreak scene as of now? Can the application run without plugging in the USB dongle? Don't seem like Sony has released a new firmware to tackle this issue as yet. :)

Am on a vacation and was away from TE for a couple of days. :p
PSN has a 14 hours maintenance on monday though

As long as they dont enable cheating online, im not negative towards the entire project , but yes if they enable homebrew & XBMC im PRO this endeavor .

On another note , its just the not so easy availability of of the latest games which has kept me long from converting to the holy grail that is a Playstation 3. Paying 400-500 bucks for a game (provided i sell it or rent it ) is not something that is gonna pinch me at all but yes having to wait a month for a title that im am anxiously waiting for ( lets say Mafia 2 in this case, i have it on my Xbox 360 since the last 3 days ) is not my cup of tea . The whole backup thing is useful to me only if i can get the latest games (not all just a few classy select ones ) As soon as they are available. ( you know waiting around is a Female Dog )

jojothedragon said:
But for the ps3 there is still hope. :angel:
Not as long as men like Ethan are out in the open ........ he will de-flower the PS3 just for fun (you know kinda like Joker kills Gotham citizens .... just for Fun)

Back