PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

This software is not intended to enable piracy, and such features have been disabled. This software is intended to allow the execution of unsigned third-party apps and games on the PS3.

hmmmmmmmmm

back to the topic....I think, it will be hard to keep it under control now...:rofl: since it is leaked now...SONY will have hard time. Hopefully it won't be so bad as PSP scenario ;)

the older i seem to be getting, the less interested i am in piracy. Pop in a disc, play game, pop out. no tensions, downloads, unrar, md5checksums and all that crap.

Yeah I wonder why Sony is so silent about this. People would start replacing their existing internal drives with 500GB/640GB drives and even SSDs to enable a faster copying. :rofl:

I still wonder if Sony would ever release a stupid firmware which disables that USB dongle. :ashamed:

AnkushT said:
the older i seem to be getting, the less interested i am in piracy. Pop in a disc, play game, pop out. no tensions, downloads, unrar, md5checksums and all that crap.
Exactly my thoughts....I was too pissed off on Playing MAFIA 2 on PC....pathetic systems n procedures to play games nowadays....console's are best in that part....:thumb:

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Desecrator said:
Yeah I wonder why Sony is so silent about this. People would start replacing their existing internal drives with 500GB/640GB drives and even SSDs to enable a faster copying. :rofl:

I still wonder if Sony would ever release a stupid firmware which disables that USB dongle. :ashamed:

SONY is playing the waiting game. I hope they do not get tooooooo late in preventing of this Jailbreak.

The code is already available on the Internet. People are flashing their at90usbkey which they have purchased and running back up manager now.

Maybe it also has something to do with your spending power increasing.....

AnkushT said:
Haha well said. Or maybe those are the few reasons some of them still keep downloading copies off the web when they can be had for free than pay and get legit copies? :p

A patched version of the initial PS Groove release has been made available with support for the Backup Manager. Grab the pre-compiled hex-code from our download section. As stated earlier, a programmable USB flash chip is required to run it.

True to their word, Mathieulh and the crew have released a open-source implementation of the PS Jailbreak exploit, coined PSGroove. The software is compatible with AT90USB and related microcontrollers. Grab a Teensy USB development board and you’ll be all set.

It’s worth noting that the PS Groove code is not a 1:1 copy of PS Jailbreak’s take, as it lacks support for running backups. The software is intended only to allow the execution of legal, third-party homebrew applications. To top it off, this rendition of the hack nixes references to the LV1 panic hypercall, meaning you are free to remove the dongle after installation.

Check out the PS Groove code repository here.

Source: PSGroove Released, Open Source PS Jailbreak - eXophase.com

Running only Homebrew applications and not the Backup games....this would be interesting... :)

Are u talking about the Green and Red ? which needs to be pressed with power and Disc out ?

^that will obviously be @ethan....you will not make a plain HB's, a backup games loader HB is in the offering :bleh:

Infected said:
Maybe it also has something to do with your spending power increasing.....
lol...maybe that. or all those ballooning night our beer bills. 1 PS3 game = an evening @ Sports Bar with friends. totally cool with the LHS of the equation ;)
Desecrator said:
Haha well said. Or maybe those are the few reasons some of them still keep downloading copies off the web when they can be had for free than pay and get legit copies? :p
well, there's excitement to be had in that..though that'll go away too ;)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ethan_Hunt said:
Actually there is a patch which enables it to run back up games.
It'd be easy for Sony to require firmware 3.41+ to play any new games from now on. that'd automatically make the console pretty much useless (will only be able to play older games).

AnkushT said:
It'd be easy for Sony to require firmware 3.41+ to play any new games from now on. that'd automatically make the console pretty much useless (will only be able to play older games).

Then start patching the games. Atleast that is what has been happening on the PSP.

Back