PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Ethan_Hunt said:
Of course it does. It was an upscaled port and the original resolution was rendered at 480i. The HUD strecthing was pretty much evident. You can also notice the in-game cut-scenes (Not the CGI rendered ones) looked really bad.
Then I did not notice it perhaps. Cutscenes looked bad alright but never gave a thought into the HUD.

Meh I honestly did not care. Playing the games were important. :p

Scorpy said:
dhruv god of war is about the story and gameplay also not only the visuals ... you should have started from god of war 1 like i did ... so awesome watching the story :D ...

and sly is more like a kiddy game ... if you enjoy them then go for it .. Im definitely gonna buy it whenever I find it :D
I read the story of the first 2 games before playing the 3rd :p

Excellent! Now we can add Prince of Persia Trilogy 3D to the list too. The European version is reported to be fixed. ;)

Me too first started with the GOW 1 to get the story ...ya the cut scenes were a bit odd but some cut scenes were awesome in graphics point of view,,,

Hope they come up the kill zone 1 and kill zone 2 collection too

But I was thinking is there any chance that PS2 backward compatibility be enabled in the PS3 as we have the root key now,,,so is it a hardware mod which disabled the PS2 games to be played on the PS3????

apextwin146 said:
Sly Collection Patch is for NTSC-US copy only right? Is there a one out there for the PAL?

[strike]Jep! Nothing yet for the European version.[/strike]

Scratch that, that European version has got it's fix as well. Plus we also have Undead Nightmare and Splatterhouse working. :D

Ethan_Hunt said:
Don't worry dude. If you have enjoyed RDR on the PS3, then this would be fun too.
Yep looking forward for the DLC. It appears the DLC garnered better reviews than the original title. :D

Cannot be investing in the X360 now. Have a PC upgrade planned later this Feb end. I shall definitely get one before GeOW 3 is out.

I cant get pass through a simple problem. Dont know where am i doing it wrong.
Connected the PS3 and PC via Ethernet Cable.
Have enabled Network Connection on PS3
Using Flashbox FTP 1.1, but when i start it , it doesnt show any IP address.
Strange!
Cant figure out what has been going wrong.
Everything was OK until i installed win7 again.

Ankur said:
I cant get pass through a simple problem. Dont know where am i doing it wrong.
Connected the PS3 and PC via Ethernet Cable.
Have enabled Network Connection on PS3
Using Flashbox FTP 1.1, but when i start it , it doesnt show any IP address.
Strange!
Cant figure out what has been going wrong.
Everything was OK until i installed win7 again.
Which back up manager are you using? Gaia automatically displays the IP address at the bottom right hand corner once you activate it's built-in FTP. Blacb0x FTP never displayed my PS3's IP address even though I had manually configured it.

Desecrator said:
^Configured network settings within the PS3 or PC?
within PS3.
Anyways what setting should i configure manually on both PC and PS3?

Ethan_Hunt said:
Which back up manager are you using? Gaia automatically displays the IP address at the bottom right hand corner once you activate it's built-in FTP. Blacb0x FTP never displayed my PS3's IP address even though I had manually configured it.
Open manager.
Anyways giving a try to both Gaia and Multiman on your call. Will let you know.

^Wired. Anyways figured it out. Everything working now.
The Multiman manager is great.

Another query! Got the NFS HP with me. and download the EBoot.BIN file too with me. How to proceed ahead.

My friend has an old PS3 Phat (probably on some age old firmware).

Anyways with the current developments in PS3 scene, is it still necessary to buy a JB key? Is there any CFW coming out in the near future for the PS3 that can skip the JB and just run *ahem* backups.

Back