PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

I think it was told that AsbestOS will run on Linux which would eventually replace GameOS

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Watch the ppt PS3 Epic Fail

27C3: Console Hacking 2010

Its coming

thumb-871378.jpg

I am glad. The only thing is, they still require dongles. Its still a big hassle. I would love to see it work the PC way. Crack it once and there you go forever.

Yeah only a matter of time.

So I dont get this .. new cracks will work like how ? U insert a usb dongle and the game gets cracked ? ... Still need to crack the firmware first or something ? I have no idea what those keys are for .. how does the jailbreak work ?

Vasishta.Sushant said:
I am glad. The only thing is, they still require dongles. Its still a big hassle. I would love to see it work the PC way. Crack it once and there you go forever.

Yeah only a matter of time.

Few days and the dongles are history as well.

dinjo said:
Sly Collection Eboot Landed.
Thats the original Eboot :|

It still has to be decrypted to run and IF it has 3.50 dependencies then it won't run for now until there is a way to run games on higher firmwares.

And NO .. signing a backup manager won't work because it modifies the lv2 syscalls. Basically tells the system to look at the drive instead of the blu-ray. This hasn't been figured out yet... but ofc should be soon :)

Back