PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

dhruvrock2000 said:
Blackbox is your best bet...

See the thing is.. we don't have apploader keys yet (this is what runs the games) BUT ... as everything else has been exposed , it is very easy to get those keys... So as soon as the tools are released (within 1 month) , Graf or someone else.. will get a signed PUP running for an ISO loader.

If you don't get what i mean then... umm , in the HBL scene for the PSP.. you use the prometheus ISO loader to run games. So something similar but for the PS3.

An even better solution will be that you can just sign the game and burn to blu-ray. Now when you play the game.. Sony has NO ****ING WAY to determine whether its real or fake :p

In short.. yes , all games would be playable. You'll probably be able to update to whatever firmware they have and still run your apps and games.
Watched the conference video makes a lot of sense now , hoping the soldering would be minimum so that it can be done easily , just hoping.

desecrator

Fillzilla is for n00bs i did with SFTP later , fastest file transfer [you need unix skills to do so this way]

dinjo said:
So does that mean all PS3 games would then be playable despite of what forced firmware they require ?

BTW - did Gia Manager does not support ftp copy over 4GB, i was copying MGS4 12GB file and it failed so i had to go back to BlackBox Ftp and is there any better FTP package than BlackBox Ftp ?
Gaia can't(at least not in my system). I tried to copy Resonanse of Fate today and it had a 7gb file with Gaia ftp and it failed again and again. I switched to blackb0x and it was done easily. I use multiman mostly.

It's odd that Gaia's FTP is giving you guys a run around. For me, both Gaia and Blackb0x have never failed a single file transfer.

Multiman looks awesome with it's cover flow option. I haven't really tried it though. I'll have to remove Open Manager once I'm done with all the games loaded in it. All I need it one Back up manager.

I feel the BlackBox Ftp exit option should be combination of 2 buttons, as if now 'X' can accidentally be pressed causing ftp to close

dinjo said:
Watched the conference video makes a lot of sense now , hoping the soldering would be minimum so that it can be done easily , just hoping.

desecrator

Fillzilla is for n00bs i did with SFTP later , fastest file transfer [you need unix skills to do so this way]
You won't have to solder anything... i was kidding earlier. This is all just plug in a pen drive and install software from it :p No dongles , no soldering NOTHING required.

Saw the video just now. Good stuff although it was a bit too geeky for a guy who comes with no background in chip technology. :ashamed:

Oh and btw here's the video:

[youtube]4loZGYqaZ7I[/youtube]

Ethan_Hunt said:
Multiman looks awesome with it's cover flow option. I haven't really tried it though. I'll have to remove Open Manager once I'm done with all the games loaded in it. All I need it one Back up manager.
Multiman- The name defines it all. It automatically detects games backed up by any manager, gaia, open manager, you name it. You get a .ini file with it in which you can enter your own directory for backed up games. So you can use it without having to remove other managers. Plus it has a FTW! interface.

PS:- FTW is not a technical term.

Whats visual linux ? If they are able to ssh, its more than enough. They have the root access already. Its a matter of time before they release a user friendly flashing mechanism since the way they did it was very crude.

Wait fro another month or so. Numerous possibilities will open up.

I am a linux n00b but Does SSH necessarily mean they have root/superadmin access? SSH is just an network protocol like Telnet, anyone who has any kind of access to the other device can 'SSH' into it right?

They did showed uname which enables command line access, Visual ROM is still missing but can be done since root is active now on Slim also the kernel services were running on Slim which means Visual ROM is not far at all.

here is what uname looks like , similar was shown in the Demo
Code:
joshid1@  /home/joshid1                                                                                                
412 % uname -a
SunOS us1979 5.8 Generic_117350-30 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V440

@apex , they did had root access which was visible by just looking at the prompt and you are right in sense of telnet/ssh is a protocol(but they are actually called services in true Unix/Linux world) and yes login via telnet/ssh does not means root but since they have installed Linux they have root access

The user under which the Bash/shell is running is important. Any User can have Command Line access if they are able to SSH based on the Linux Administration settings. What matters is under which Access level the Shell is running. Uname doesnt require any superuser Access to run!

I think you didn't understood well I posted the uname output to show what was shown in Demo , if you see the prompt its # which is default and if you thought it can be changed yes it can be changed but not all users can show /proc/cpuinfo file.Also the running of kernel services was clear.

Back