PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

^^ BluRay movies have AACS encryption ... almost no chance of dumping those.. as it is , its easier to just download them.

About the source for the JTAG news... marcan will be speaking at the Chaos Convention today. Teaser pics show an FPGA attached with a crap load of cables to the PS3.. i could count 30+ solders. :O

who is c4eva ? all current "exploits" << The USB stick really wasn't an exploit>> have been patched .. 6 yrs and there was no proper expoit , i don't see one coming soon... the JTAG remains the best option..

Commodore4eva a.k.a c4eva is the one created the IXtreme firmware for the X360 drives. There was new going around that he was working on PS3's Blu-Ray drive as well.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Commodore4eva a.k.a c4eva is the one created the IXtreme firmware for the X360 drives. There was new going around that he was working on PS3's Blu-Ray drive as well.
Oh okay... never followed the 360 scene coz i hate the xbox.. << don't ask why , its just an inner feeling :p >>

Yea , the PS3 blu-ray thing... nothing has materialized out of it so far... though it could come up maybe.. who knows. :/

Going a little off-topic.......but what would the latest prices of the PS3 (not the Move bundle) in Mumbai (preferably Alfa prices)........

Btw... Public / Private Keys obtained... Dongle-Less jailbreak for all coming within the month.. Also , dongle will no longer be required as we can self sign the PUP files and run on unhacked firmwares :)

Apploader keys not obtained but its just a matter of time before you won't even need to hack the PS3 to run games :D

Feel sorry for all those people who just bought or are still buying dongles :p

Well its a matter of perspective. With dongles, the jailbreak is temoporary and once the dongle is removed from the USB drive the PS3 remains the same, as it came from Sony Factory.

With the hacked firmware you are actually permanently messing the file system. Sure you can restore the original firmware but that is a far bigger mess then taking out the dongle.

For people who have bought new consoles, dongles are better since the WARRANTY remains intact. And in case something goes wrong, they can take back their consoles to Sony.

Vasishta.Sushant said:
Well its a matter of perspective. With dongles, the jailbreak is temoporary and once the dongle is removed from the USB drive the PS3 remains the same, as it came from Sony Factory.

With the hacked firmware you are actually permanently messing the file system. Sure you can restore the original firmware but that is a far bigger mess then taking out the dongle.

For people who have bought new consoles, dongles are better since the WARRANTY remains intact. And in case something goes wrong, they can take back their consoles to Sony.
You didn't get my point... you can SIGN the application , there will be no difference between the file given out by Sony and the hacked file. There will most likely be no need for a CFW, you can just run homebrew like an official application !

So this WILL render dongles obsolete.

Back