PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Sounds interesting. Watching the presentation right now. Man they bashed sony like anything.....can't stop laughing at every "trophy earned". Amazing guys they are.

Yup.. i was watching it live.. Believe me when i say .. Sony and Dongle Manufacturers are Royally ****ed XD

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Its incredible how Sony's Public-Private Key algorithms had a common key which was always valid :p As Garyopa said.. Women truly make bad coders !

Finished watching it all. Can't believe the guys at sony. Terrible coders. Those guys pulled up a real good joke with that random number code. That was epic.

Can't wait for tomorrow's disclosures. Expectations have been raised now :)

Seriously guy, hack your console to limitless extents but don't make fun of sony. They gave you the Awesome PS3 without which there wouldn't have been any hacks in the 1st place.:|

There is a good chance that Sony has leaked the hack themselves.

That surely doesnt makes them the goodie goodie company for the developers now, does it ?

dhruvrock2000 said:
So this WILL render dongles obsolete.

By the time this is hack is made public, the people who have the dongle, will have already got it's money's worth, which is like 600 bucks. It isn't really a huge loss, so to speak. Of course, for people who have spent more than 2k on those original dongles thinking that it would last longer and would be more efficient, yes, they would certainly feel the pinch.

Ethan_Hunt said:
By the time this is hack is made public, the people who have the dongle, will have already got it's money's worth, which is like 600 bucks. It isn't really a huge loss, so to speak. Of course, for people who have spent more than 2k on those original dongles thinking that it would last longer and would be more efficient, yes, they would certainly feel the pinch.
i said people shouldn't buy it NOW... We're had it for what two months now ? We've got much more than its worth out of it :p

Its Time to PS3 come back to its previous position. THE TOP POSITION :clap:

b/w hackers have to accept and bow down to SONY's defense against hacking, they didn't make it easy for them ;)

Actually... Sony made it VERY VERY easy for them :p

Their "RANDOM" number generator always generates the same number XD I mean.. how the hell do you end up making THAT mistake :p

Its just their luck that nobody looked into it till Other OS was removed...

Regarding this upcoming JTAG hack, would it mean it would be a perma hack? Not requiring the user to frequently update the firmware if a new game comes out?

Let us assume a new game requires the latest f/w released by Sony? How would the console bypass this?

Desecrator said:
Regarding this upcoming JTAG hack, would it mean it would be a perma hack? Not requiring the user to frequently update the firmware if a new game comes out?

Let us assume a new game requires the latest f/w released by Sony? How would the console bypass this?
Thats the beauty of it mate... there is NO hack involved at all !

The game can be signed with our own generated keys :p Basically... Sony can't do shit to plug this hole.

For example : An emulator signed with these keys would run on any console.. there will no longer be a concept of hacked or unhacked. Everything will just be install and run :D

So does that mean all PS3 games would then be playable despite of what forced firmware they require ?

BTW - did Gia Manager does not support ftp copy over 4GB, i was copying MGS4 12GB file and it failed so i had to go back to BlackBox Ftp and is there any better FTP package than BlackBox Ftp ?

dinjo said:
So does that mean all PS3 games would then be playable despite of what forced firmware they require ?

BTW - did Gia Manager does not support ftp copy over 4GB, i was copying MGS4 12GB file and it failed so i had to go back to BlackBox Ftp and is there any better FTP package than BlackBox Ftp ?
Blackbox is your best bet...

See the thing is.. we don't have apploader keys yet (this is what runs the games) BUT ... as everything else has been exposed , it is very easy to get those keys... So as soon as the tools are released (within 1 month) , Graf or someone else.. will get a signed PUP running for an ISO loader.

If you don't get what i mean then... umm , in the HBL scene for the PSP.. you use the prometheus ISO loader to run games. So something similar but for the PS3.

An even better solution will be that you can just sign the game and burn to blu-ray. Now when you play the game.. Sony has NO ****ING WAY to determine whether its real or fake :p

In short.. yes , all games would be playable. You'll probably be able to update to whatever firmware they have and still run your apps and games.

^^I think while using the GAIA manager u need to split the above 4 GB files into smaller files for the transfer using some splitting software....:)

A liitle off topic

Any ways of playing the killzone one on the ps3 ,,i know it is a PS2 game but as GOW1 and GOW2 were too PS2 games but still a God of war collection of this came so is there killzone one and killzone 2 collection coming too???

No news about it so far so don't count on it.

sujithbvm said:
^^I think while using the GAIA manager u need to split the above 4 GB files into smaller files for the transfer using some splitting software....:)

A liitle off topic

Any ways of playing the killzone one on the ps3 ,,i know it is a PS2 game but as GOW1 and GOW2 were too PS2 games but still a God of war collection of this came so is there killzone one and killzone 2 collection coming too???

hmm ....:(

Any relation in the story between the KZ1 and KZ2?? or can i directly start the KZ2 without any prior reading on wikipedia about KZ1??

sujithbvm said:
Any relation in the story between the KZ1 and KZ2?? or can i directly start the KZ2 without any prior reading on wikipedia about KZ1??
I'm currently playing KZ2 without playing the first game. I'm not really in sync with the storyline, but I guess the first game provides the base for the characters involved in the game. The storyline is pretty thin and nothing ground breaking, so you can read up the first game's plot on Wikipedia and start KZ2.

Back