PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Okay so Im a noob here !
Just got the PS3, not even installed it yetbut going by the prices of the new games I wana know if I can mod my PS3 and still not get banned via online gaming ? My friends Xbox got banned for the same !
Its a 160 gb slim console. No idea of firmware yet , but it must on the latest one since I got it from a sony world outlet.
Please advise.

karan_n8 said:
Okay so Im a noob here !

Just got the PS3, not even installed it yetbut going by the prices of the new games I wana know if I can mod my PS3 and still not get banned via online gaming ? My friends Xbox got banned for the same !

Its a 160 gb slim console. No idea of firmware yet , but it must on the latest one since I got it from a sony world outlet.

Please advise.

check your firmware>settings>system settings

its not accurate but checking your FW is a must.

There is no firmware above 3.55 at the moment, so you can mod the PS3 by applying the custom firmware. There are no reports of a ban being placed at the moment, but you can bet your ass that Sony will combat it in the future update.

^ but to be on safer side.. please guys don't play online no matter how much you are tempted.. please keep this hacking jailbreaking thing to you only...

just play the single player as of now.. don't connect to internet..that's what I am doing.. just for precaution..

I am going to wait till there is no concrete news around it.. as of now PS3 jailbreak is in its childhood stage.. it has to go a long way from here...

PS3Linux is coming back by the way :)

OH btw I dont play online but my ps3 is always connected to the net cos of WIFI ... but nothing has happened yet :p ... ill turn it off though >.< ...

Every person/group who releases CFW always state that they are not responsible for any bricking. Heck, even Kameaw mentions the same in the agreement while installing his CFW on the PS3 and his CFW is said to be the safest bet out there.

You can install this firmware but you have to follow a bit complicated process.If the steps are wrong somewhere you might end up somewhere else.I think we should wait for a more stable and confirmed release.

@Scorpy

Are you using Gaia Manager or MultiMan ? Did you try NFS HP ?

Can someone tell me where to place the games in the PS3 via ftp or Ext HDD. Whats with the eboot.ini ?

bassam904 said:
@Scorpy
Are you using Gaia Manager or MultiMan ? Did you try NFS HP ?

Can someone tell me where to place the games in the PS3 via ftp or Ext HDD. Whats with the eboot.ini ?
hdd00\game\LUAN12345\
might not be accurate but LUAN folder is the universal place for backups. Works for MM, BM2.0 and OM, etc. Don't know about GAIA.
and external hdd the folder is "GAMEZ". copy BL*********** folders here.

install multiman and see if it makes one. Check the .ini file that comes with multiman. This should contain the location of teh LUAN folder hopefully.

Okay so I have to first check my firmware, then run the software , the one for which the links are given.
And after that I can download games and put them up on the console memory and use them directly right ?

^yea if u put it simply its that way .. but doing it is a little complicated cos u will get confused with file and folder names ...

GUYS HEAVY RAIN IS WORKING WOOOT !!!! ( kmeaw cfw + multiman v1.13.02 [latest]) ...

Back