PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

jojothedragon said:
Sorry if i offended you buddy. No offense meant. :) Feel free to ask if you need full details. The 1st time i jb'd my ps3, it took the whole day for me to figure out how to downgrade my FW and then install jb hex in it. We were all noobs once. :p
Oh no, not at all. I have been 'educating' myself with the PS3 homebrew scene...will be handy once i get one.

@Scorpy
Can I backup all game data (game saves etc.) and then restore it? Will it work then?

@Ethan
Yeah, I've all the original Eboots :D

Can't wait to try out 3.55 CFW :)

^yea re ... just copy ur backups from ps3 to pc then install cfw and copy back games ... although easily said .. takes forever to copy one way only .. so two way copying ull be spending a lot of time :D

^I'm not talking of copying the whole backed up games. I just wanted to copy the Saved Game data so that I can start playing from the same stage itself.. :)

yea ... i forgot ... sorry backups wont be affected ... ur INSTALLED and saved game files will be affected ... so i suggest at least deleting ur installation files ... not backups ... zz ... ignore my previous post ... so go on ahead and tell us how it went

3.56 OFW out.. you guys obviously know what to do. :)

Cat Mouse race is already on :p KaKaRaTo is already working on new CFW and same goes with Waninkoko.

and a word of caution: Attention all you running custom firmware and for whatever reason have decided, “I’m going to upgrade to OFW 3.56.†Well you should hold that thought and restore to OFW 3.55 first. There are reports circulating that “my PS3 no longer turns on†after updating to 3.56 from a custom firmware. In other words: your console may end up bricked. I would restore to OFW 3.55 and wipe everything off the HDD first (from the Recovery Menu).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Update Games via PC

PS3 Game Updater v1.11 – Identify & Update Your Backups - Dukio

Re: PS3 OFW 3.56 out and HACKED !

ya i was also shocked.... i guess this happened because sony sent a notice to GeoHot.... Day is not far when PS3 will be like xBox....

Re: PS3 OFW 3.56 out and HACKED !

*facepalm*

Please post the update in the main thread FFS. We don't want a new thread when a new hack is out. :/

I have got a heavy rain original disk and have to download the move patch for it, which is possible only through psn. Iam on 3.41 now. If I need to download that patch I need to be on the latest firmware. So is it advisable to take the step ahead. Like, is the process too complicated? Is the 3.41jb a more peace of mind and more easy method?

If you are so desperately wanting to play using the Move controller go ahead. :/

Oh and the latest firmware = 3.56. Avoid for the time being.

Back