PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Now make your own firmware!

Our apologies to KaKaRoToKS for apparently offending him by not posting this news sooner. Admin had trouble accessing the site due to weather delay.

KaKaRoToKS has announced PS3MFW, a PS3 Modified Firmware project!

Quote:

We have just been informed by an anonymous source that a new modified firmware-project is underway: Project PS3MFW.

There are several contributors, some of whom are well-known within the PS3 homebrew community but wish to remain anonymous. However, we were told that KaKaRoTo is playing an important role in the project.

The purpose of Project PS3MFW is the development of a customizable tool that creates modified firmware for Playstation 3 with many great features not available in current solutions. It provides a framework where each firmware modification task is an independent plugin with access to an API that facilitates the modification process. One important feature is that the project will be entirely open source, as opposed to every other MFW released to date.

The tool will be called “PS3MFW Builder”, and it will work in conjunction with several other utilities.

Project PS3MFW is an ongoing project; anyone qualified can contribute.

A release of the PS3MFW Builder v0.1 is imminent.

Updates from KaKaRoToKS via Twitter:

* PS3MFW has ~65 customization options, the backend is robust and does a lot of checks, we tested almost every combination, on 3.15, 3.41 and 3.55 and tested it on over 15 different PS3 models, we had no bricks at all.

* The "Task options" you see are just for the "clean video" task, each task has its own options that you access with the 'configure' button

* FYI, in the screenshot, that "theme" option is just about the GUI theme, has nothing to do with the generated PUP.

* For now the tool doesn't support 3.56, but it works and was tested on 3.15, 3.41 and 3.55. I will release more information later: ps3mfw.com

ps3mfw.com

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

ps3mfw.png

^ you are right.. it will ignite again when news comes that PS3 can run Linux as well.. nativly with full graphic support.. ohh man... those days are not far away..

and finally for the first time I am stuck at the right situation.. i mean 3.55.. previously i had foolishly upgraded 3.42 from 3.41 :O (how clueless)

Some of us are still using 3.41 + V4B with the modded eboot.ini and things are just fine. Never even had to upgrade to the CFWs as yet. :p

^^

Only thing i am waiting for.

Never actually got around to play a single game after i JB'ed the PS3. what!.

Just bring a FW that can play all those media files.

Quote: Yesterday, Sony quietly re-released official firmware 3.56, apparently fixing a hard-drive bug that caused hdds upgraded by users to appear to be corrupted. This is similar to what happened back when ofw 3.41 was released. As mentioned before, there is currently no way to use homebrew on 3.56.

Just installed Multiman 1.15.02 and realised that for the files > 4GB, increments show incorrect sizes when transferring using FileZilla. Was transferring the files for Undead Nightmare when this came up. However, the capacity of the hard drive remained unchanged. The game was playable nonetheless after the transfer.

Is there a way to make Multiman not download and show those covers? It's a pain while browsing through each title when it pauses for a brief while, and then shows the image.

EDIT: Got it! Had to edit options_default and had to tinker around with the options. Got it to not load those covers. Sweet! Much better than Gaia. :D

Gannu said:
Just installed Multiman 1.15.02 and realised that for the files > 4GB, increments show incorrect sizes when transferring using FileZilla. Was transferring the files for Undead Nightmare when this came up. However, the capacity of the hard drive remained unchanged. The game was playable nonetheless after the transfer.

Is there a way to make Multiman not download and show those covers? It's a pain while browsing through each title when it pauses for a brief while, and then shows the image.

EDIT: Got it! Had to edit options_default and had to tinker around with the options. Got it to not load those covers. Sweet! Much better than Gaia. :D
# Option: direct_launch

# Valid Parameter: 0 - don't ask for direct launch

# Valid Parameter: 1 - ask for direct launch (default)

direct_launch=1

direct_launch=0 will disable that useless yes no prompt when you select a game in multiman.

kuld33p said:
# Option: direct_launch

# Valid Parameter: 0 - don't ask for direct launch

# Valid Parameter: 1 - ask for direct launch (default)

direct_launch=1

direct_launch=0 will disable that useless yes no prompt when you select a game in multiman.
I was actually referring to the covers being downloaded when we browse through the games. :)

Figured it out. Had edited the options file and set that parameter to 0.

Guys ...can anyone please pass the link for a good jailbreak guide and how to use/install backup manager to play games and copy games to PS3 hdd?

TIA

Back