PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

kuld33p said:
Could someone let me know which 1TB Internal HDD to buy. I am using PS3 Slim. Will get it from US. someone is coming. :p
No 1 TB 2.5" would work inside a PS3. Max is 750 GB. So you can buy and 2.5" Drive and use it on your PS3, be it 40GB or 750 GB (just make sure the HDD is 9.5mm in height, 12.5mm will not work).

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

jojothedragon said:
^Thankfully Multiman can detect all folders, whether it be GAMEZ or GAMES or something else. :D
Correct, even the games in Gaia's GAMEZ can be detected by MM.

The first post in this thread needs to be updated with the latest method of JBing the PS3. Can you also inform about which PS3 to buy to buy to have the best chance of Jail breaking it. And how do you guys get your games? Aren't the PS3 games really huge?

Aman27deep said:
No 1 TB 2.5" would work inside a PS3. Max is 750 GB. So you can buy and 2.5" Drive and use it on your PS3, be it 40GB or 750 GB (just make sure the HDD is 9.5mm in height, 12.5mm will not work).

Thanks for that.

Howz the performance from external HDD. I have a 1 TB external drive.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

OK games can't be played from external drive. not good not good.. now i have 2 get internal drive.

Ethan_Hunt said:
You need to delete your old game data, which is uder the 'Game Data Utility' section in XMB. Then re-launch the game and let it install the data on the HDD once again.
Thanks a lot .worked like charm

Installed my first game using MM 2.0 using external NTFS hard drive.

Its awesomely awesome! Super Fast and extremely easy:). Took me 25 mins to copy 23GB with the updated patch:)

MM rocks...with the lan cable method it wpuld have taken 1 hr; not to mention the frustration of getting ur laptop, lan cable and connecting with ur PC and configuring the network

Yup... I was talking about simple file transfer using Gaia manager. Weirdly it took me more than 40 min for 20 GB files + frequent disconnections:(

I remember for GT5 it took my 7-8 tries to copy a file of 12Gb as it used to disconnect after 5-8GB copying almost everytime

Renegade said:
Are you talking about simple file transfer to HDD? It takes me much less than a minute per GB using FTP.

vercetti said:
Yup... I was talking about simple file transfer using Gaia manager. Weirdly it took me more than 40 min for 20 GB files + frequent disconnections:(

I remember for GT5 it took my 7-8 tries to copy a file of 12Gb as it used to disconnect after 5-8GB copying almost everytime

I don't use Gaia. I use OpenPS3FTP. No disconnections or retries.

guys does gaia have that lame "finding covers" bullshit that multiman has ? Multiman is kind of well ... slow in response when I choose different games in the list it lags a bit while loading the other games cover ... same stuff in gaia or not ? If not then ill install gaia :X

vercetti said:
If a game has say, > 4 GB files, FTP'ing is much quicker than thousands of ~500 kb files.

Scorpy said:
also ftp of multiman is also good ... just start mm and then use filezilla to connect to ur ps3 and transfers at good speed :D
YES. I do that only.

Oh....I am quite new to the PS3 scene and gaia was the only thing I knew before MM:) But anyways, after trying MM2.0, i doubt I will be using anything else now:)
Renegade said:
I don't use Gaia. I use OpenPS3FTP. No disconnections or retries.

Ethan_Hunt said:
To transfer files off an NTFS formatted USB HDD, here are the steps:

Connect your USB HDD to your PC, Go to Device manager, Click on Disk drives, Right click on your external HDD and go to properties. Click the "Details" button. From here you have to choose "PARENT" to get it's Vendor id and Device id.

EXAMPLE 1: USB\VID_152D&PID_2329\149B801081FF. So here the VID/VendorID= "152d" AND PID/productID= "2329"

EXAMPLE 2:Your CFG should look like this (CFG file is the USB.CFG file that comes with the download of Multiman)

0x13fd:0x1240:1
0x152d:0x2329:v

V= Volume number. So it depends on how many partitions you have on your external HDD.

I have 1 so mine is :

0x13fd:0x1240:1
0x152d:0x2329:1

Save the CFG file and copy it to a USB stick. Plug it in your PS3. Open MM's File manager and Copy USB.cfg to /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR (like the process you did to copy your game). Now to get the drive detected on the PS3, plug the USB HDD, press Start+Triangle button to load the NTFS driver. You drive should now be listed in File Manager. Note: You can not play games directly via an NTFS drive, but you can copy them to the internal drive using MM's File manager.

i have a Extn HDD with 2 partitions . one is NTFS and another FAT32.

edited the USB.CFG --> ADDED 0x152d:0x2329:2
copied the USB.CFG -->to my FAT32 partition --> TO PS3 /dev_hdd0/game/BLES80608/USRDIR
after pressing start+ / \ the screen is refreshed to load NTFS driver. i could see a new drive listed in bottom , but selecting than only displays the PS3 internal HDD .

I'm doing something wrong here. not sure what it is.

Did you get your vendor and product ID properly from device manager? You didn't erase the default "0x13fd:0x1240:1" did you?

Try existing out of MM and reloading the NTFS driver again. If the partition is detected properly, then you should see 'PFS Drive' listed in the File Manager option. That's your NTFS partition.

Back