PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Games should be copied onto the gamez folder. if I am correct its under /dev_hdd0/GAMEZ or one directory below:)

will confirm once I reach home

dinjo said:
PS3 scene is the worst scene ever.
Seriously? Getting a custom firmware, so easy, that you don't even have to open up your console or pay anyone to do it. Having constant support for Backup managers, new homebrew being developed, numerous emulators, Showtime to play MKV & DivX files etc. Just because a new firmware has blocked the ability to play a few games, momentarily, has made it the worst scene ever?

360's JTAG was, what could be deemed, as the perfect hack. But MS was smart enough to pull the plug on it, before you could even say "BOO-YAH". If the 360's scene is so smart, let them figure out a way to re-enable JTAG. Drive flashing can't even be deeemed as a proper hack. They face challenges when a new dashboard implements newer security measures. C4EVA has to work on it and then release another IXtreme firmware. So you have to wait for his firmware to release as well.

When 3.50 and 3.55 firmware came out for the PS3, the 3.41JB method failed to work and the crib-wagon came along. Then a CFW came out and everyone was silenced. Now we have fallen in the same loop. Just have some patience. Be thankful that you even have a CFW for this console, which was once deemed to be "un-hackable".

Ethan_Hunt said:
Seriously? Getting a custom firmware, so easy, that you don't even have to open up your console or pay anyone to do it. Having constant support for Backup managers, new homebrew being developed, numerous emulators, Showtime to play MKV & DivX files etc. Just because a new firmware has blocked the ability to play a few games, momentarily, has made it the worst scene ever?

360's JTAG was, what could be deemed, as the perfect hack. But MS was smart enough to pull the plug on it, before you could even say "BOO-YAH". If the 360's scene is so smart, let them figure out a way to re-enable JTAG. Drive flashing can't even be deeemed as a proper hack. They face challenges when a new dashboard implements newer security measures. C4EVA has to work on it and then release another IXtreme firmware. So you have to wait for his firmware to release as well.

When 3.50 and 3.55 firmware came out for the PS3, the 3.41JB method failed to work and the crib-wagon came along. Then a CFW came out and everyone was silenced. Now we have fallen in the same loop. Just have some patience. Be thankful that you even have a CFW for this console, which was once deemed to be "un-hackable".
Lol what a great post. Changed my mind certainly :p

u install showtime. Although it plays mkv files even 720p shutters in the app and they are still trying to optimize it.

But as of now, for SD contents 'showtime' can handle pretty much anything you throw at it

ram_dante said:
WOot?? we could play mkv files on ps3? how?

hi i have installed kmeaw CFW 3.55 , multiMAN 2.00 and BDEMU.pkg.
I was able to play the sport champion from backup, but while launching LBP(backup) received a error like(dont remember excatly) "The game data is corrupt need to delete the game and reinstall again. " . This game was working with USB dongle + OFW 3.41 JB .

is this beacuse of older EBOOT or the because it's located in \dev_hdd0\games instead of \dev_hdd0\gamez.
any suggestions for me..

jerryelvis said:
hi i have installed kmeaw CFW 3.55 , multiMAN 2.00 and BDEMU.pkg.
I was able to play the sport champion from backup, but while launching LBP(backup) received a error like(dont remember excatly) "The game data is corrupt need to delete the game and reinstall again. " . This game was working with USB dongle + OFW 3.41 JB .

is this beacuse of older EBOOT or the because it's located in \dev_hdd0\games instead of \dev_hdd0\gamez.
any suggestions for me..
You need to delete your old game data, which is uder the 'Game Data Utility' section in XMB. Then re-launch the game and let it install the data on the HDD once again.

Back