PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

guys...I have downloaded the latest Multiman 2.00.

Need a tutorial on installing this as I can see more than 5-6 pkg files in the zip that I downloaded.

Some help here pls

Thanks Dingo...I had tried it myself and installed that file:)

Ethan - The largest file was 54 mb and there were 2 files having the same size (exactly the same size) so I was confused. I later realized that it was for different CFW's (KW and WT)

BTW: Guys

I had 2 more files in the folder i.e. BDEMU-355KM.pkg and LAST_GAME_355.pkg. I installed these as well but was not able to figure out what BDEMU-355KM.pkg did. Any ideas???

On a side note: Multiman is just awesome and the GUI and modes are just mind boggling. And I heard there are themes available as well now:) just freaking awesome

Another Question:

I don't have a PSN account but if I try to connect to internet from PS3 for downloading covers etc...is there a chance of getting banned???

BDEMU-3.55KM.PKG was the BD Emulation file (for Kmeaw CFW) to enable back-ups to boot on the latest revisions of multiMAN.

As for the covers, I don't think you need a PSN account to be able to download the covers for MM. You just need active Internet connection for it. You should have got the full cover based PKG file for MM, it had a shit load of covers. Also get the Sucker Punch theme, it ROCKS! :D

Thanks mate:)...U rock!

The covers are automatically coming for all the games i.e. no downloading was required:)

BTW: Any links for the theme download for Multiman?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Edit: got the theme:)

kvikram said:
Erm... Why do you want cfw for playing la noire. Obviously you can play la noire without cfw. So it is for you-know-what :p?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Guys please tell me what firmware is the Killzone 3 bundle. It's available on ebay: eBay India: Ps3 Console with Killzone 3 Free!! original 320GB (item 180659433823 end time 27-May-2011 17:19:24 IST)
It is highly probable that it would be 3.56. Since quite a few months have gone by. Some people did order this same kit from FK, and were lucky to get <=3.55. But you are banking on luck. You cannot return on the pretext of the FW. Again, best is to scout Sony outlets, or ask a friend/relative to pick it from a big city, if your town does not have PS3s' on sale.

I had taken a Resistance 2 and Motorstorm walla PS3 slim 320gb and it had 3.41 ... if thats still available then good ... I bought from croma in mumbai

Guys if I am on Kmeaw 3.55 CFW, and if I want to update to OFW 3.60(which i have to do soon because of LA Noire), do I need to install OFW 3.55 first and then OFW 3.60?

or OFW 3.60 can be installed over Kmeaw 3.55 CFW?

Scorpy said:
I had taken a Resistance 2 and Motorstorm walla PS3 slim 320gb and it had 3.41 ... if thats still available then good ... I bought from croma in mumbai
same here but i also bought the move pack. but in my case the FW was 3.50

REY619 said:
Guys if I am on Kmeaw 3.55 CFW, and if I want to update to OFW 3.60(which i have to do soon because of LA Noire), do I need to install OFW 3.55 first and then OFW 3.60?

or OFW 3.60 can be installed over Kmeaw 3.55 CFW?

Just install the original 3.60 firmware. In case, you want to be on a safe side, format the HDD and then fresh install 3.60 OFW.

Ethan_Hunt said:
Just install the original 3.60 firmware. In case, you want to be on a safe side, format the HDD and then fresh install 3.60 OFW.

Can I install it over 3.55 CFW? And how can I backup my saved games if I format?

hector19 said:
Y CFw 3.60 ? U can play back ups on 3.55 itself. the EBOOT for L.A Noire might show up soon :)

I hope this happens real soon. :)

REY619 said:
Can I install it over 3.55 CFW? And how can I backup my saved games if I format?

Yes, you can install it over CFW. But to avoid any remote traces of CFW on the console, it's best to format the HDD and wipe it out clean. You can then get the OFW 3.60 update file and update your PS3. You can perform a full back-up and restore of your current contents. Use this guide: PS3â„¢ | Backup Utility

Remember to uninstall the back-up managers and any software that your have installed, post updating the console to CFW.

On topic:

Fake or Legit video? No one knows.

[youtube]4FOuXch0jYo&feature=player_embedded#at=198[/youtube]

Back