PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Basically if the custom BIOS is loaded, which is derived off 3.55 -- you never need the hardware dongle again. Will be doing that soon...!

TechHead said:
Using or used the dongle? Still on 3.41?
Using ofc. I never felt the need to move to CFW. Yeah if you don't feel like pressing the eject button all the time or wouldn't want to hunt for modified eboots, you can go the CFW way.

asingh said:
Basically if the custom BIOS is loaded, which is derived off 3.55 -- you never need the hardware dongle again. Will be doing that soon...!
Correct. Unless you downgrade and want to shift back to 3.41 for some reason.

CFW is the way to go. Quick, simple and no more power+eject. :D

Gannu bhai you really need to move a cfw. You probably have no idea how awesome and easy they are to use.

Update to kmeaw 3.55 now !

Sent from my GT-I5801 using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

I want to make the switch to CFW. Got tired of having to deal with flashing the dongle with Hermes for some games and PL3 for the others. What's the best current CFW to go with? It seems most people go with either ITA or KMEAW.

Also, some backups require the use of a Blu-ray Game disc to play while using the dongle. Is this a problem with CFW as well?

^ Install KMEAW 3.55 cfw I'm using it and its awesome . Yes you need to have a random game disc in your drive to play any backed up game . You just put the game in the GAMES folder of the file manager and you can start playing . No dongle nonsense . :D

Kmeaw, no two ways about it. I have been using it for almost 3 months now alongside multiMAN and it's been working flawlessly for me. You need to have a disc inside the drive for some games, but what's the problem with keeping one disc in there? There is no power+eject happening, so you don't need to push the disc back in, each time you used to JB your console earlier. I have one disc kept in at all times. Unless, your drive's laser has gone kaput, I don't see how this would pose as an obstacle in you shifting to CFW. Make the switch man, trust me, it's worth it. :)

Just remember to delete old game data which you had installed for the games, while you were on 3.41 JB. It might conflict with the CFW, if you're planning to play those games again.

has anyone tried motorstorm apocalypse. cant seem to get it to work. i have it on the internal hdd.

i am using 3.55 kmeaw. tried it with the latest gaia and multiman, game stuck on loading screen where you can see the motorstorm helmet.

i am using the modified eboot for 3.55

What is the maximum amount of time it will take for the 3.60 cfw to come out?

Also, isn't the firmware stored in the hard drive? So if I put a hard drive of an old ps3 on 3.55 into a new ps3 on 3.60, will it get changed to 3.55?

Its on the NAND flash storage. Changing the HDDs will not cause variation in the firmware.

See how quick the PS3 boots up..!

kvikram said:
What is the maximum amount of time it will take for the 3.60 cfw to come out?

Also, isn't the firmware stored in the hard drive? So if I put a hard drive of an old ps3 on 3.55 into a new ps3 on 3.60, will it get changed to 3.55?

Nobody is working on 3.60 as of now.. none of the major devs atleast so don't hold out for it.

Back