PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Download the latest multiMAN and run the game off the external HDD by Select+X method. It had supposedly fixed all the "black screen" games issues post version 1.15.00.

I have GOW 3 in the internal drive (for the record I still have a disc as well!) and while watching the extra videos, I felt that the audio is lagging probably a bit but definitely noticeable. The in-game cutscenes were just fine though.

Guys...Question.

My PS3 is jailbroken and I wanna go online (will original games obviously).

Can I do a factory reset and install 3.60 to go online?

Will I get banned or is there some kind of info written onto the non-deletable rams of the PS3 which PSN tracks and then Bans ppl who have anytime ever jailbroken their PS3's?

Guys, got my new PS3 over the weekend. It has 3.50FW and i want to JB it.

Should I go for the regular KMEAW CFW or the REBUG 3.55.1?? I have read that, Rebug CFW has a rebug mode where it can spoof the console to be 3.60 and can play PSN as well, has anyone tried it here? Please confirm.

@vercetti

You can go legit anytime by updating to 3.60 and Sony wont ban you as if now even if sony is able to find it out.

@india_rulz

Better go with KMEAW CFW don't risk with REBUG 3.55 since nowadays PSN does not work at all.

vercetti said:
Guys...Question.

My PS3 is jailbroken and I wanna go online (will original games obviously).

Can I do a factory reset and install 3.60 to go online?

Will I get banned or is there some kind of info written onto the non-deletable rams of the PS3 which PSN tracks and then Bans ppl who have anytime ever jailbroken their PS3's?
Just formal your drive, install 3.60 OFW and go online. I did that, no warnings, no bans. :)

Slightly OT, but can you guys help me in getting a second-hand PS3 slim with FW <=3.55? My budget is 10k (slightly nego.). I opened a WTB thread, but did not get any response.

Otaku said:
Slightly OT, but can you guys help me in getting a second-hand PS3 slim with FW <=3.55? My budget is 10k (slightly nego.). I opened a WTB thread, but did not get any response.
If you increase the budget considerably, you can have mine. I am currently on CFW 3.55

dinjo said:
So you are selling again ? And then you will buy again right
:rofl:

He was desperately in need of this second console when the JB scene happened. And now this.

@VS: Dude, keep it. You never know what might be in store for you. Once you sell the console, you may regret the decision. Like you did before. ;)

So let me get this straight.. no need for the dongle any more? I just run a CFW created from 3.55?
FTR, I have a 3.41, JBed using Dhruv's original dongle.. just don't know where the damn dongle is. Also, is the JB permanent (through the dongle)? Or do I need to redo it?

TechHead said:
So let me get this straight.. no need for the dongle any more? I just run a CFW created from 3.55?

FTR, I have a 3.41, JBed using Dhruv's original dongle.. just don't know where the damn dongle is. Also, is the JB permanent (through the dongle)? Or do I need to redo it?
Yup.. once you're on CFW , no need for the dongle. And yep it is permanent. I'm still on 3.41 though with the dongle.. no particular reason to shift to CFW.

dhruvrock2000 said:
Yup.. once you're on CFW , no need for the dongle. And yep it is permanent. I'm still on 3.41 though with the dongle.. no particular reason to shift to CFW.
Amen. I'm using the dongle without issues. The only downside being the newer titles require the modified eboot. Not a biggie with the psx scene's repository.

Back