PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Cannot be downgraded IMO.

Also, agree with Spacey...steer clear of the phat PS3's. Its prone to Ylod and also considering its 2 yrs old

U need to have 3.55 or below to hack. 3.6 CFW is expected soon but no ETA

Otaku said:
Yes, seller might have meant v3.56. Can it be downgraded?
No it can't. I don't think there will be a hack for it either as 3.60 is already out and developing a CFW for this firmware would be a challenge. So it doesn't make any sense to develop a 3.56 CFW, when 3.60 is already out. Find some other deal for a Slim console with lower firmware. A 2 year old FAT needs to be avoided at all costs and that too for 10k. :p

Plan a new PS3 or a 360. Which is the best package to go for? Does one actually use the enter xxx gigs of the drive even? I plan to mainly play games and watch movies copied over via usb or something. I do not plan to hack it yet. So all bets are off for a couple of months.

Cheers!

We all knew this day would be coming, just like before with the v3.50!

portal_2_ps3_boxart.jpg

Yep, all the rumors were right! -- Portal 2 would be the first game that was pressed using the currently unreleased APP v3.60 keys!

Something always 'unfolds' in the 'scene', to get you back into the 'gaming'!

I guess its time to wait until either a 3.60 CFW is out or the method for calculating 3.60 encrypted game keys is out. Currently none of the members of the scene Geoht, Graf_chkolo & Mathleiah are working on it.

Yep. This was bound to happen. Henceforth, every game that releases should bear the 3.60 tag, which means no keys, no decryption, no EBOOT fixes & we fall into the same waiting loop as before. :p

Well at least they spared Mortal Kombat. :D

vercetti said:
Loved that they spared MK:) one of the most awaited games for me:)

F*ck yeah! Kratos as a playable character, now that's not something I cannot pass up on. Besides, the FATALITIES, oooh mama! ;)

Currently none of the members of the scene Geoht, Graf_chkolo & Mathleiah are working on it.

Graf's home got raided for the second time by Sony a few days back, so thinking about working on 3.60 hack is least of his worries right now. :p

Yep, read that already. What i am trying to get at is; Since you can manually replace the drives ,does it make any difference to go for a 160 gig when you can just slap a lot more by yourself if you feel the need to. Is there any performance hit? Since i do not plan to jail break,are there any packages/bundles which make more sense. Since i am based in UK, i can get hold of a lot of stuff (i.e. even a fat one for a half decent price). So need a word on is slim the way to go... ( no plans to run ps2 on ps3)

Thanks!

pranaywhiz said:
^^ Refer to this: http://www.techenclave.com/gaming-consoles/a-newbies-guide-to-console-get-187720.html

And the xxx gb (on a PS3) would be used for game installs, movies, music and if you jailbreak, storing the backups

This is just to certify that Multiman is officially the best possibly back-up and file manager available for the CFW and JB users. :D

Been using it non-stop and it has so many awesome features and customisation options. Recently applied the Sucker Punch theme and whenever I enter MM, Lord of Acid - Crablouse music kicks in. After that, I don't feel like existing the manager till I hear the full song. :p
Anyway, has anyone experience any issues with running games via USB HDD? I loaded my GOW III back up on my 320GB 3.5" HDD (using an external casing) and the cut-scenes were horribly slow, not to mention horrible load times. It's smooth when in actual combat though. :S

Ethan_Hunt said:
Anyway, has anyone experience any issues with running games via USB HDD? I loaded my GOW III back up on my 320GB 3.5" HDD (using an external casing) and the cut-scenes were horribly slow, not to mention horrible load times. It's smooth when in actual combat though. :S
Probably a known problem then, friend having the same issue on Seagate 250 GB External!

Not a surprise since the videos are freaking huge in GOW3 around 1Gb or so hence would be the choppy frame rates

It worked fine from the disc and HDD read speed should ideally be faster. So it's a bit odd. I might have to try it on the internal HDD once, just to be sure it's not a bad rip. Will try another game while I'm at it.

Yeah Ethan I was talking about GOW3, but they work perfectly off the Internal HDD for me atleast, the poor guy has to suffer as he has one of the launch 40 GB models :p

Have you ever tried it directly off the external one? This is the first time I'm trying to boot any game off the external HDD. All my internal HDD transfers have never faced a single issue. :)

^ Me personally? No (Cause you have to format the HDD in Fat32, and Fat32 is lame). But for my friend i think its his only option, he barely gets 32 GB free space on his 40 GB HDD, but nearly all his 32GB/40GB is filled with lame game installs.

Can someone assist me with these games ?

Prince of Persia (4, if you want to call it. The cell shaded one)

Quantum of Solace

I could never make them run off my internal hdd (never tried extrnal)

Back