PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

JB2 update:

the indonesian dongle which was being called the jb2, has now been offivially termed as True Blue but don't gt excited yet, as even after buying that dongle, you won't be able to backup your games on your hdds but you'd have to buy special bluray discs, which would work with the dongle in order to let you play your favourite games..

seems like we will wait, until this all get reverse-engineered and we get a way to backup our newer ps3 titles to our hdds..

PS: i'm not sure if this post concerne with the piracy, though if it does, mods can clear it up

Its just amazing how these guys come up with the patch once a good game releases.

makes me think that 3.7 is definitely cracked but not published as SONY has scared the shit out of hackers:(

Ethan_Hunt said:
Voila! We now have Battlefield 3 working on 3.55 CFW. :D

Then I'd suggest grabbing the PS3 version instead of the X360 version since DICE claims that the PS3 version runs with significantly better visuals.

Btw I have updated the first post with Scorpy's noob-friendly tutorial he had posted some time back. Feel free to edit the post and append anything to it. :)

Too late dude. I got the 360 version yesterday and already loaded it along with the HD Texture content, but it still looks awful compared to the PC version, which is a mess (for me at least). Had I known they would have a fix for it on the PS3, I would have waited. I'm glad that there is some good (and real) progress happening though. :)

If the 3.55 fix for BF3 is out, that certainly means that somewhere, somehow, someone has finally decoded the 3.7x+ keys, but is not publishing them :p I don't blame him, until he uploads all the eboot patches :D

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Ethan_Hunt said:
Too late dude. I got the 360 version yesterday.

You should invest in a better PC Ethan! Playing this game no in it's full glory is a waste. There is a reason why BF3's PC has a Metacritic of 91 :p

Aman27deep said:
If the 3.55 fix for BF3 is out, that certainly means that somewhere, somehow, someone has finally decoded the 3.7x+ keys, but is not publishing them :p I don't blame him, until he uploads all the eboot patches :D
It's the same group which brought us all the PSN titles in the last couple of weeks. This looks really promising. So I'd really watch out for more releases over the next few days. :)

Aman27deep said:
You should invest in a better PC Ethan! Playing this game no in it's full glory is a waste. There is a reason why BF3's PC has a Metacritic of 91 :p
I wish I could, but I have almost given up on PC gaming. :(

First post update with the tutorial, as requested. I'll keep adding more as and when we require more information to be added.

Back