PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

^To copy the backed up files, yes. Not to play a backup from the NTFS drive AFAIK!

This way the FAT32 file system's 4GB limitation for a single file is overcome as many titles have a single file amounting to over 4GB.

Its stands for BluRay Disk Emulator necessary to put PS3 in emulator mode hence when you run a game from Multiman it emulates that game as a disc in a nutshell its a CloneDVD of PS3, in emulation mode you can't even play Original Disc you have to come out of emulation so answer is no.

Thank you guys . As for copying games from pc to ps3 using lan cable and back there is a guide ethan_hunt pmed me . Please ethan post it here to help others also so they dont have to ask again and again :D !

Also I edited my guide just added that you have to install bdemu.pkg also .. that guide was before bdemu was needed :D

rajveersingh09 said:
BTW wasn't jailbreaking breaking a TE rule ?

For the record, it isn't. :)

You can jailbreak a device (be it a PSP, iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, PS3 et al) and discuss about it in the forums. But linking to downloads and backups are certainly illegal and will not be tolerated.

dinjo said:
Its stands for BluRay Disk Emulator necessary to put PS3 in emulator mode hence when you run a game from Multiman it emulates that game as a disc in a nutshell its a CloneDVD of PS3, in emulation mode you can't even play Original Disc you have to come out of emulation so answer is no.

So basically what you are saying is that this has nothing to do with Blu Ray Movies. I'm planning on getting a few dozen BRDs from the states through a friend. Isn't there anyway I can get the PS3 to play BRDs from any region?

Big dilemma. Upgrade firmware to play FIFA 12 or not.

Plus - FIFA is pretty much the only game I play (Well 75%) of the time
Minus - Everything else but FIFA

dafreaking said:
HAHA.. What a brilliant solution. NOT!

It was a mere suggestion the way I see it. If you have a PC with decent specs. you can as well pick up the game for it.

One can understand and sympathise if it was some exclusive title like Uncharted 3, but this is MEH!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Satan said:
Isn't there anyway I can get the PS3 to play BRDs from any region?

Seems like there is indeed a way to do so. But the downside is this:

No permanent changes are made to your PS3, you will need to re-run the patch each time you want to watch a movie from a different region.

Refer - Region Free Blu-Ray Playback on PS3 - PSHomebrew

Btw this is one helluva site for the homebrew scene - PSHomebrew

Gannu said:
It was a mere suggestion the way I see it. If you have a PC with decent specs. you can as well pick up the game for it.

One can understand and sympathise if it was some exclusive title like Uncharted 3, but this is MEH!

MEH for you maybe. FIFA is played 90% of the time on my PS.

RA One better not ask for an upgrade when it comes out. :p

Play your backups of original PS3 games when burned on DVD/DVD-RW/BD/BDRE discs. !!

Link for Tool

1) Drag & Drop to discBOOT.exe the "PS3_GAME" folder of the game you want to play

2) The tool will create a folder with 3 files:

- PKG for 3.41

- PKG for 3.55

- TXT with instructions

3) Burn the game to a disc (PS3_GAME folder and PS3_DISC.SFB file from a backup created with multiMAN or another manager)

4) Insert the burned disc into your PS3 tray

5) Install the PKG file for your firmware on your PS3

6) Launch the game from the newly appeared icon

That's it.

Read further.. Source

Amazing! Can't wait to try it out. There are quite a few games out there that are under 9 GB. Time to put some of my DL-DVDRs to use.

now, if we could only get a jailbreak for newer firmwares.. people are working hard out there to make the cfws and the homebrews fully capable.. the only thing missing is the technique to crack sony's fws..

PS: deank is the man (after geohot)..

Back