PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

You know what, that's a good idea. I have been meaning to do that for a long time now, however, my busy work schedule kind of put it on hold. I'll try to pin up a decent tutorial for it. :)

Ethan_Hunt said:
You know what, that's a good idea. I have been meaning to do that for a long time now, however, my busy work schedule kind of put it on hold. I'll try to pin up a decent tutorial for it. :)

Yea, plz do it buddy....just got a 3.60 console, itching to Jailbreak it. :)

Regards

RedBull said:
Yea, plz do it buddy....just got a 3.60 console, itching to Jailbreak it. :)

Regards

Now THAT isn't possible unfortunately ATM. A firmware later than 3.56 including 3.56 cannot be hacked.

I guess someone in Palika might have got this teensy thing and would be doing it for a leser price.. just speculating.. not sure.. if they haven't then I guess its a good business to own one and start downgrading the consoles :p

kuld33p said:
I guess someone in Palika might have got this teensy thing and would be doing it for a leser price.. just speculating.. not sure.. if they haven't then I guess its a good business to own one and start downgrading the consoles :p

even if it isn't possible right now, it will be in a few days, i guess..

Yeah but I suppose one needs to do some soldering into the mainboard (Progskeet). I am not sure how many of them would be willing to do so.

Hey Guys,new to this forum.

Just bought a PS3 from Letsbuy.com.Booked it on 25.09.11 & received it on 30.09.11.

Whats awesome is that it came with the 3.50 firmware (Import April 11).

So guys if u wanna buy a PS3 online,try letsbuy,probably u ll get a ps3 with 3.50 firmware

Can someone guide me on how to hack the ps3 with 3.55 cfw?

Thanks

^first install 3.55 ofw on it .. and then disable the network :p

and here is my tutorial on how to jailbreak it

BEFORE EVEN TRYING TO JAILBREAK SEE UR FIRMWARE IN SETTINGS .. U NEED TO BE ON 3.55 OFFICIAL FIRMWARE OR BELOW IT ... ANYTHING MORE THAN 3.55 (that is 3.56 and onwards you cannot jailbreak your ps3 )

STEP 1 : DOWNLOAD OFFICIAL 3.55 FIRMWARE

STEP 2 : DOWNLOAD KMEAW 3.55 CUSTOM FIRMWARE

STEP 3 : DOWNLOAD MULTIMAN MANAGER

STEP 4 : GET A REGULAR NORMAL PENDRIVE AND FORMAT IT IN "FAT32" FORMAT.

STEP 5 : MAKE A FOLDER CALLED "PS3" ON THE PENDRIVE .

STEP 6 : MAKE A FOLDER CALLED "UPDATE" INSIDE THE "PS3" FOLDER ON THE PENDRIVE.

STEP 7 : COPY OFFICIAL FIRMWARE INSIDE "UPDATE" FOLDER (.. copy the .pup file)

STEP 8 : PLUG PENDRIVE IN UR PS3 AND UPDATE FIRMWARE ( THROUGH SETTINGS )

STEP 9 : DELETE OFFICIAL FIRMWARE FROM "UPDATE" FOLDER AND COPY CUSTOM FIRMWARE TO "UPDATE" FOLDER ( that ps3updat.pup file .. has same name so dont get confused ) .

STEP 10 : PLUG IN PENDRIVE AND START PS3 IN RECOVERY MODE ( SEE YOUTUBE VID HOW TO DO IT)

Note : TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE DO IT IN RECOVERY MODE .. DONT BE LAZY .

STEP 11 : INSTALL FIRMWARE (this time ur installing the custom firmware )

STEP 12 : THATS IT UR DONE JAILBREAKING PS3 !!

STEP 13 : DELETE EVERYTHING ON PENDRIVE OR FORMAT IT AGAIN USING FAT32 FORMAT.

STEP 14 : PUT THE MANAGER INSTALLER FILE ON IT ( the .pkg file ) . IT SHOULD BE OUTSIDE ANY FOLDER . (for eg. ur pendrive drive letter is G then ur .pkg file should be in G:/managerfile.pkg )

STEP 15 : PLUG IN PENDRIVE . IN PS3 MENU GO TO GAMES TAB AND SCROLL DOWN U WILL SEE INSTALL PKG FILES OPTION GO INTO THAT AND INSTALL THE DAMN MANAGER .

STEP 16 : UR DONE INSTALLING MANAGER NOW COPY GAMES TO PS3 AND PLAY !

EDIT : PLEASE READ :
Along with multiman now you also have to install "bdemu.pkg" , just search for it on google its easily available (To install it follow same procedure as you did for the manager.pkg file ) . Yes, it is really required to make it work =.=

Excellent! I have my guide for installing custom firmware and connecting NTFS drive saved in my Sent Items. However, I will have to add more terminologies and simplify it for the new comers. How much limitation does the first post have, in terms of word count I mean?

167714e8a80cd8200d.jpg

:p

Ethan_Hunt said:
Excellent! I have my guide for installing custom firmware and connecting NTFS drive saved in my Sent Items. However, I will have to add more terminologies and simplify it for the new comers. How much limitation does the first post have, in terms of word count I mean?

Wow! Is it possible to connect a NTFS drive to the PS3? (Will a 2.5" 1 TB WD/Seagate drive work?)

Back