PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

Otaku said:
^ Are you sure of that? Any idea where in Bangalore I can find a new PS3 with FW <= 3.55?

You would need to scout the Sony Centers that are prevalent in colony markets and residential areas. They would have old stock.

^ Thanks. So without opening the console, is there a way to be reasonably sure that it has older firmware? Like by manufacturing date? I am really interested...

neojjjk said:
I gave it back to the shop..
now planning to get a new one ..I have two doubts
1.is it possible to get a new ps3 with 3.4 firmware ?
2.can we play all types of new games using 3.4 firmware ?

Mgdelhi one of TE members just got a console from Letsbuy which has 3.50FW so just try and check out some retail stores other than sony Centres. They might have old stock.

Otaku said:
^ Thanks. So without opening the console, is there a way to be reasonably sure that it has older firmware? Like by manufacturing date? I am really interested...

It has a sticker on the side which has month/year of import. If less than March 2011 you are safe. The shop should have no issue showing you the sticker.

This is Big News:

PSN games cracked.

PS1 Backups now playable on CFW.

Start your PS3,

Insert your PS1 Copy,

Start multiMAN,

Go to filemanager mode,

search for:

dev_flashps1emu,

Press X on ps1_emu.self

Your Ps1 Backup will now boot and you see the PSLogo Bootscreen.

[UPDATE 3] PS1 Backups working on CFW 3.55 with multiMAN 02.07.07+ | PS3Hax Network

Just make sure u read extensively. I noticed few setting tweaks to set the memory card slots as well.

So do read the full thing properly before giving this a shot.

I just found out something interesting could anyone please shed some light on the matter:

am planning to buy a ps3 when I go to my hometown indore, and had asked my dad to enquire about modded ps3s.

the shopkeeper told him: I will not be able to download/put games on the modded ps3 and it can be done only by the shop guy. Also, the games once put on the ps3 can never/not easily be removed.

1.Does anybody have any idea wth was the shopkeeper talking about? Is this some old mod where such restrictions were there?

2.What should I ask the shopkeeper? Like is there some favoraite mod and y?

PS: The shopkeeper is not a n00b and has a very renowned modding biz in indore.

^^

Even the shopkeeper does not have any idea what he is talking about. And is a noob, or is trying to fleece you.

Once a customized firmware is loaded on the PS3 (currently 3.55) games which do not require a firmware greater than this can be placed on the PS3's HDD and removed too. It is a simple procedure copying over games and removing them.

^^ Was under the same impression...totally think he is wrong too...

1 more question...i was reading the threads where people buy <=3.55...and after that they dont really post anything...

is it so easy to mod it? i believe/know it is a soft mod? am i wrong? is it difficult?

msankadi said:
^^ Was under the same impression...totally think he is wrong too...

1 more question...i was reading the threads where people buy <=3.55...and after that they dont really post anything...

is it so easy to mod it? i believe/know it is a soft mod? am i wrong? is it difficult?

don't ask the shopkeeper for a modded ps3, looking at the response either he is a noob or is trying to make some good money.. instead, focus on buying a sealed pack ps3 with an import/mfg date of year 2010, with that you'll be having an unmodded/unused brand new sealed consoles on which you can do anything and can enjoy the warranty, if you're buying it with a bill..

rest assured, after picking up the ps3, ask here and anyone will help you how to go around loading a cfw on your consoles, it's really easy..

n00b here.
This thread sprawls over 100 pages and the initial pages don't give an idea of Jailbreaking a PS3. Can somebody make a sticky on PS3 hacks please? Or maybe edit the first post with links to pointers?. Will be much easier for people to access stuff in the thread.

Back