PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

So this is not a dongle that you can connect and play? It requires 'expert' installation - something like X360 mod?

No it's not. The one you're thinking about is the TrueBlue Dongle, which will work, once you're firmware is on 3.55. E3 Flasher is not a dongle, it's shit load of stuff that you need to strap onto your PS3 to be able to downgrade it's firmware. To give you a better idea, check out this installation video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHNw2E4tU6c[/media]

#vikid and #ethan_hunt - Thank you both for pitching in and clearing a lot
<

I recently got hands on one 3.55 but loaned it to my bro-in-law until I get a bad ass screen.

So both devices work like below then? -

TrueBlue Dongle=enables 3.55FW device to play stored games upto 3.73(or more?)

E3 Flasher=enables switching between 3.55CFW and 4.0OFW(including future FW-hence futureproof)

Yeap, pretty much so.

But one drawback about the e3 flasher is that the 3.55 CFW is basically, their own CFW, not the kmeaw or rogero or rebug etc ones. For some this might be a personal preference thing.

Personally, i really didnt feel a difference when i tried it at a friends place.

One thing that did bug me was the quality of the E3 main board and how loosely it stayed in the drive bay. Though ill be making "arrangements" to make it sit in there like a 10 ton rock, when i get mine, but this also might be a deterrent for some.

Not a big fan of the True Blue dongle though, 4k+ on something, which might be replaced by a CFW in the coming months seems a bit too steep a investment. But hell yeah its darn simple and not a PITA to use.

Will come down to the preference and technical skills of the user, which one he wants to buy.

Firmware 4.10 is now live.

You heard right. That time has come for the PSN name to cease to exist, and all who play online must conform with the new "SEN" or live a life of no more online gaming or PS Store access.

The new update is live in Australia now, so I can only assume the update will be live everywhere else too.

The following is the list of new features stated before you update:

*"The internet browser has been improved.

Some websites that could not be displayed, including interactive websites, are now supported, and page layouts are now displayed with better accuracy.

*You can now set to obtain the correct date and time automatically when you sign in to the PlayStation Network.

If you do not need to set the correct time automatically, set [Settings] > [Date and Time Settings] > [Set Automatically] to [off]."

I may update the post with some images later if there are any massive changes. For now, update your PS3, and pay your respects to the old and somewhat faithful name that was the PSN.

Edit: A bit of an anticlimax, but everything looks the same. Browser is a little faster and better at displaying sites, but all up it just seems like a different number more than anything.

Source : Ps3dashhacks

Youness Alaoui, better known by his online alias KaKaRoToKS just dropped two tweets regarding the status of his jailbreak project in relation to firmware 4.10. He mentions that packages are still able to be installed to the PS3. However, like firmware 4.00, they cannot be ran.

Work on the project does not stop here as KaKaRoToKS mentions that his team is still working to find an exploit to enable the launching of packages on 4.00 with the caveat being that it may or may not work on 4.10. Regardless of the blockade right now, this is rather good progress made by the team. A headstart is definitely better than none at all.

Source: @KaKaRoToKS - Tweet 1 | 2

need to downGrade my Ps3 from 4.00 . Was upgraded by a stupid friend of mine . Can i use The E3 Flasher to downgrade and sell it back ?

Sorry for the Noob Questions , Was off scene since two months

n00b here.

I have a KMEAW CFW 3.55 PS3.

And, both Multiman or Rogero won't allow me to play Gran Turismo 5.

Once Rogero asked me to to backup and install the game in the Internal HDD of the PS3 and I chose "Yes". It took nearly 4 hours to do that completely (A 12 gig Game I suppose) and still won't work.

Anybody is got a simple guide for the game to get working?

^ Bro the way i see it. Try flashing the lv2 patcher and then boot up the game from Internal! Because the links i'm getting for updating the current version then using a fix are all down or deleted.

Will Search more and post here.
Following up on the previous PlayStation 3 3.70 SDK and PhyreEngine leaks, today an anonymous user has uploaded the Sony PS3 4.00 SDK files to the Chinese file-sharing site 4Shared-China.com.

Following up on the previous True Blue (TB) PS3 JailBreak 2 (JB2) DRM-infected dongle news comes a WIP update from Shadoxi on dumping and decrypting the TB and Cobra payloads.

Read more: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jailbreak/true-blue-tb-and-cobra-ps3-jb2-drm-dongle-payloads-wip/#ixzz1mkHNoXjP

A few months back Child of Eden (NPEB00649) was reported as the first PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.7x game, and recently RangerRus has fixed it for PS3 3.55 / 3.41 Custom Firmware (CFW) users.

Asking for E-boot is equivalent to asking for ISO for PC games.So flew away guys and search somewhere else.

Back