PS3 Jailbreak - Discussion Thread

So it means if I buy a new PS3 it can be jail broken to run homebrew stuff? I have an old PS3 which I gifted to my cousin coz of no jailbreak scene after 3.55.

Any guide on this?

Nope. The current scenario & the leaked keys would only work if the PS3 is @ OFW 3.55 or below or if its CFW 3.55. There is no way to downgrade anything above the 3.55 using the latest software hacks unless there is any security hole found in the near future. Its next to impossible to have one in near future as well but who knows....

E3 Flasher is the only way to go right now & even that would only be able to downgrade to the lowest FW the given PS3 actually came out with from factory.

Nope. The current scenario & the leaked keys would only work if the PS3 is @ OFW 3.55 or below or if its CFW 3.55. There is no way to downgrade anything above the 3.55 using the latest software hacks unless there is any security hole found in the near future. Its next to impossible to have one in near future as well but who knows....

E3 Flasher is the only way to go right now & even that would only be able to downgrade to the lowest FW the given PS3 actually came out with from factory.

Thanks mate for the information. That's the reason I lost interest in PS3.

Just read about Rogero's stable 4.30. Currently I'm on KMEAW 3.55. Any suggestions before I upgrade? And do I have to install Rogero's 3.55 CFW and then jump to 4.30?

I am running Rogero 4.30. Playing Assassin's Creed 3. Stable till now. Didn't try online yet. Will install the spoofer and try tonite. Anyone from Bangalore here!!

Man, you're away from the scene for a while and everything changes. Just when I think the PS3 scene is as good as dead, out comes Rogero. Secretly though, I wish it was KMEAW. I'd flash his stuff in a second.

Ok question time ( @Ethan_Hunt, Aman27deep, Gannu, vercetti - feel free to pitch in ;))

1) How do you guys like the new Rogero CFW 4.30 v2.03
2) Does this mean no more e-boot mods?
3) I remember reading somewhere that this isn't as easy to use as KMEAW 3.55; in that I mean that you have to reboot the system every time you want to play a different backup? Any truth there?
4) Any other downside to moving to CFW 4.30? I know downgrading back is no biggie, but would rather skip it if it's not ready for prime time.

Last edited by a moderator:
No clue about the current scene. I updated my console with 3.60 sometime last year before Resistance 3 was out and has stuck to it ever since. For good or bad! :ashamed:

Downloading 4.31 as I type this. Assassin's Creed III requires a later update to play. My console was on 3.72. :p

Hi Satan. Feels good to still be on 3.55 firmware, when the rest of the party gave up and walked away right? ;)

Anyway, about your query. Rogero's 4.30 V2.03 is all that you need to get yourself up to date. With this update, you can directly flash it from XMB and no need to head into recovery mode. Also, you can upgrade directly to any further Rogero firmware updates, without having to go through the PUP downgrade process. Just install the latest multiMAN and remove any disc in your drive, before you start the flashing process. All the games that are made up to firmware 4.30 would work natively and no EBOOT patching is required anymore. It would be the same as being on Kmeaw's 3.55, almost no difference whatsoever. Except this time, you can even log-on to PSN. I am personally yet to upgrade to this firmware, but I'll do so soon enough. I don't see problems, like the initial noise about bricking, being with this update. It's safe to proceed.

Oh yeah, tell me about it. I feel bad for all of them who upgraded well beyond 3.55 (read: Gannu... LOL... sorry buddy)

Time to upgrade and get Far Cry 3 booted up.

Back