RAM prices falling

mzsa1994

Disciple
Screenshot (45).png
Screenshot (47).png

Screenshot (51).png
Screenshot (64).png

Some relevant news article talking about the same. Expectation of was 10% fall this quarter but this fall looks steeper. I guess there is a lot more overcapacity than expected.

Memory boom expected to fizzle out faster than expected Q4:

Memory prices to dive in late 2022, says Gartner

Some relevant news article talking about the same. Expectation of was 10% fall this quarter but this fall looks steeper. I guess there is a lot more overcapacity than expected.

Memory boom expected to fizzle out faster than expected Q4:

Memory prices to dive in late 2022, says Gartner
Couple weeks ago I saw some news clip on YouTube about the DRAM manufacturing units.

Due to covid demand was higher than supply therefore these manufacturing units ramped up production and they told that their inventories were holding supplies enough for many months.

Looks like those overproduced stick have started hitting the shelves

World is intrested in GPU price crumble..
Don't worry it will fall it's inevitable

Last edited:
This is the perfect time to upgrade your RAM capacities. After DDR5 hits retail, prices of DDR4 will only increase due to limited production of old technology and focus shifting on DDR5 which would be costly too initially.
We've seen this happen every generation change.
Wise Words :)

This is the perfect time to upgrade your RAM capacities. After DDR5 hits retail, prices of DDR4 will only increase due to limited production of old technology and focus shifting on DDR5 which would be costly too initially.
We've seen this happen every generation change.
Still lot of time..silicon shortage isnt gong to end till end 2022 and people are still upgrading to DDR4 and and yet many are stuck building their rigs due to obvious gpu issues.
Ddr4 is here to stay easily till 2024 easily!
Its all artificial market now just like stock market and gone are the golden days at least for next 2 years.

You panic you grab and get looted and you let you it loose you gain but may be after becoming a grandparent! Its all risk game since a year now.

Last edited:
Over my 25 years of experience in computers and related technology what I have learnt is technology advancement doesn't stop for anyone, be it production/stock issues or whatever.
Take the recent example with GPUs. Nvidia and AMD both are announcing and releasing new generations of GPUs on time regardless of the supply issue. Soon we'll hear about the 30 Super series, you'll get it or not they don't care but it's getting outdated as we speak.

When a new technology hits the production focus is shifted regardless of the adoption and due to that shift you will definitely see an impact on DDR4. The same happened with DDR3 initially as DDR4 launched adoption was slow and prices were high. At the same time DDR3 prices stated to inflate as the production for that started going down.

This is good sign but hope it remains the same not end after the festive season.

@mzsa1994 can u tell me which site or addon you use to check prices with graphs for amazon or fk sites ?

i am one of the BENEFECIARY in this month, coz, it fell for almost 625/- less from it's original price for 3600Mhz fast RAM!! i think it will settle down in the festival sales.
I feel there is gonna be new technology introduction just around the corner next month/quarter, so, the prices will get corrected for DDR4 by then.

Nevertheless, in DDR5, Proccy's DATA TRANSFER will be equal to the speed of proccy's clock. the Bottleneck will be broken, No need for Overclocking by then, i presume it's an achievement in pc production. Waiting for that stable day of the DDR5 excelling. with a PROCCY of SPEED 4.8GHz.
Still lot of time..silicon shortage isnt gong to end till end 2022 and people are still upgrading to DDR4 and and yet many are stuck building their rigs due to obvious gpu issues.
Ddr4 is here to stay easily till 2024 easily!
Its all artificial market now just like stock market and gone are the golden days at least for next 2 years.

You panic you grab and get looted and you let you it loose you gain but may be after becoming a grandparent! Its all risk game since a year now.
yup well said, IMHO, next gen PROCCY Releases will also have MOBO with DDR4 Support in the Future, for the DDR4 Market to exist until it runs out of stock.
Bringing additional proof to the table -
Source: https://www.deltapage.com/content/price.htm
Delta Peripherals, one of the largest PC Parts and Electronics shop in Chennai
View attachment 115962
You blew the secret :) :p, i recently found a thread where 8GB 3600Mhz RAM was 2850/- before GST.

Last edited:
This is good sign but hope it remains the same not end after the festive season.

@mzsa1994 can u tell me which site or addon you use to check prices with graphs for amazon or fk sites ?

It's a a Chrome extension from this site https://keepa.com/
It automatically loads on amazon page.

WARNING:
PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL ANY ADD-ONS / EXTENSIONS IN THE BROWSER IN WHICH YOU USE BANKING WEBSITES / SHOPPING WEBSITES / SCROLL SOCIAL MEDIA etc.

I once had a security breach from some extension which was accessing my facebook account for giving likes to some random FB posts.
(I think I will create a dedicated thread in some other forum section regarding this.)

Thanks a lot bro!
I just saw you post, checked prices for myself and was amazed.

MDComputers has HyperX Fury RGB 3600 8GB for Rs 4000
That's a crazy price drop. A week ago it was over 5k.

Needless to say, I immediately ordered a pair!

I guess prices might fall a bit further during the next week, but guys don't get greedy. If you find a great deal, take it.

It's a a Chrome extension from this site https://keepa.com/
It automatically loads on amazon page.

WARNING:
PLEASE DO NOT INSTALL ANY ADD-ONS / EXTENSIONS IN THE BROWSER IN WHICH YOU USE BANKING WEBSITES / SHOPPING WEBSITES / SCROLL SOCIAL MEDIA etc.

I once had a security breach from some extension which was accessing my facebook account for giving likes to some random FB posts.
(I think I will create a dedicated thread in some other forum section regarding this.)
Which extension was it?

Back