Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

esanthosh said:
Edit: Looks like RE272 is headed in the right direction.

The 272 seems (from memory as I no longer have the 262) to retain the lovely mids of the 262 but extend the treble more towards the Etymotics treble while at the same time adding more weight and slam to the bass. This after only about 10 minutes of listening

Sigh, I'll again have to save for an IEM it seems if that indeed turns out to be true.

That's why I am thankful to mukul. Otherwise, I'd have bought RE262 in a hurry. From the time I spent with it, I knew it was just a matter of tuning the driver better to get me some treble, which is why I chose to wait. Now, I've plenty of choices to choose from for my next IEM ;)

Added -Slightly OT: Anybody here that have a "Headphoneus Supremus" title? These funny threads keep coming up every now and then about the 'secret' forum - Head-Supremus: Real or Myth? - Head-Fi.org Community. Scroll down for the 'secret' forum's most recent post :D

WTF!!!!

IF thts true i wana get 272

time to say re262 goodbye......lol

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

well nc8000 placed it above um3x.

From the sound characteristic it seems to be a little better thn sm3

lets c........

santhosh u owe me one for tht

b ready to pay back....:p

I was wondering how re242 thread became a re272 discussion

RE272, Hmmm .

262+ better treble ( a little more forward than 262 ) + More bass punch = WTH, best universal!!!

I really would have loved the 262 if the treble was not as laidback.

mukulymn said:
We shud ask HD to send a sample to india
I hope they do! But not sure at this stage.

tuahogary has managed to put Sony EX-1000 on the back burner for me (until it drops a couple of hundred $s). I listen to lot of metal and this lack of crispness for string instruments is something I would not want for $500-600. On the other hand, it seems to be the 'perfect' IEM for Mukul and Brendon. Anyone tempted? ;)

Mephistopheles said:
Sigh! If only I could have waited and bought the RE272 itself, and used the TF10 longer.

How much is the price expected to be for RE272?
U shouldn't have sold your TF's ever . Rather getting them re-shelled and adding a extra driver for mid's would haev been near perfect for you .

Well , for Re-272 i dont expect it to cross the $250 mark .

But, Meph! your RE262 has a TRS plug and the one on the head-direct site comes with a balanced plug + adapter. You are not worse off :)

RE272 - probably around $250, I'd guess!

esanthosh said:
But, Meph! your RE262 has a TRS plug and the one on the head-direct site comes with a balanced plug + adapter. You are not worse off :)

How will it make a difference to SQ ?? A TRS plug wont affect SQ i guess , or will it ??

Originally Re-zero's used to come with a separate TRS adaptor , whereas the one's i got with HM-601 combo have the normal 3.5mm plug .

esanthosh said:

anubhav2345 said:
How will it make a difference to SQ ?? A TRS plug wont affect SQ i guess , or will it ??

Originally Re-zero's used to come with a separate TRS plug , whereas the one's i got with HM-601 combo have the balanced plug .
Its just an inconvenience, although it cant justify the price difference :no:

My eyes are on RE272/DDM2 now, I think dynamic drivers suit me more then BA but I could be wrong.

I hope amarbir , now plans to clear up his RE-262 stocks according to the prices currently listed on HM's site :bleh:

A New RE-262 @ approx 7k ... wow :D :D

Amarbir if your listening , i am ready to make the payment :p :p

^ Where did you buy them for $250? As far as I know, it was not sold officially by Head-Direct. It was bundled free with HMXXX players. The sale price in Head-fi to my knowledge stayed under $200 for the most part.

from amarbir

hey strategy, how did you make your impressions of customs? Yourself or from audiologist?
please reply, i may also go to customs in near future.

Back