Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

@esanthosh: When are you writing your review of the Ck10, I know i'm being an @ss but I would like to read a more detailed impression of the Ck10.

I'm actually too far behind in my planned reviews :ashamed:. Wanted to take a little break from writing. Here's what I've planned, though when I'll do it is a bit vague now:

1. ECCI PR401
  2. Analytical IEM comparison
  3. Wooden IEM comparison (BF1983 has no choice, but to forgive me for keeping his IEMs for soooo loooong. Hopefully, he'll forget about them by the time I get to this :p)

Will try and write a short impression of CK10 before all this...

esanthosh said:
@Meph,

S:Flo3 will not come out until MP4Nation finds a better Teclast player or another good player to re-brand.

I am not sure why they are delaying RE262 launch. Perhaps, as mukul says, they are going to launch a whole new line-up one after another (like they did with RE2/1/0)

Thinking about it, why is anubhav missing from FS/WTB thread these days? Is he finally satisfied with his current setup? :O
Um here . Um here :D

I am never missing . Its just this that i recently bought this HM-601 and Re-ZERO combo . Yesterday itself , got a new unit from amarbir . Liked the HM-601's SQ so much , now eyeing the HM-801 :D

Might sell my HM-601 . Seeing out on reviews for the HM-801 these days .

Whereas my WTB list is never closed :p

There are Fischer audio Eterna Rev1 , and Can;s FA-003 , and a HD-RE-1 on my WTB list as of now .

:O you want the plastic version of FA003 too!!

get some tried and trusted HPs , like the HD600 ( neutral ) or HD650 or K702 or Dt 880 , all these if you dont want to spend much .

I have another lower top-tier IEM in my collection now ,thanks to Eshwar Santhosh - Radius DDM .The only IEM Ive ever kept just cause it has one of the best bass ever .

and I just got a call from DTDC couriers saying , I have received a parcel from Head-Direct China but they can't find my building . Another top-tier on it's way ! :D :D

Now the question is which one will come up for sale on TE soon :rofl:. TF10s satisfying me completely and with the upgrade cables coming in today , I doubt its gonna go . RE-262 is a totally different signature for particular genres . Need to spend some time with it now .

strategy said:
:O you want the plastic version of FA003 too!!

get some tried and trusted HPs , like the HD600 ( neutral ) or HD650 or K702 or Dt 880 , all these if you dont want to spend much .
Yup Yup Yup !!!

I want the FA-003 for its neutrality .

FA-002W;s are already keeping me happy . Bu this FA-003 is praised very much for its neutrality :)

I have asked amarbir to get it in his fischer audio consignment . I wanna keep myself away from the customs headache !!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
I have another lower top-tier IEM in my collection now ,thanks to Eshwar Santhosh - Radius DDM .The only IEM Ive ever kept just cause it has one of the best bass ever .

and I just got a call from DTDC couriers saying , I have received a parcel from Head-Direct China but they can't find my building . Another top-tier on it's way ! :D :D

Now the question is which one will come up for sale on TE soon :rofl:. TF10s satisfying me completely and with the upgrade cables coming in today , I doubt its gonna go . RE-262 is a totally different signature for particular genres . Need to spend some time with it now .
Many Congrats fro the DDM . Its one very unique IEM . Such a heavy bass thump , with no bloating of the bass in the mids is superb . I loved my DDM .

Well , whats there in the new parcel from HD :p , You already have the Re-262 . Well , whatever new you have got , i am sure it must be a great IEM .( but i am still thinking what its gonna be ?? )

And yeah PM me , if you have some options on sale .

^Dont you find the soundstage of TF10 lacking? Specially since you have something like D5k
I know I would not be able to listen to a TF10 if I spent some time with something like D5k or even RE262.

width is bad , but the depth and instrument separation on the TF10 is amazing ( for its price ).

But yeah width is seriously lacking.

I don't find the width to be all that lacking :S . Ofcourse its not as good as RE-262 or RE-1 but it surely is decently wide and good enough for me.Also this could be because most of the Electronics music I listen to doesn't have a good width but is more depth perceivable and the depth of sound with TF10s is just awesome.Especially since I started using Comply tips and got the new cables the amount of detailing and authority it brings out in the sound ,I cant help but falling in love with these ! The bass is so tight ,the mids are perfectly neutral , I dont find them to be recessed at all .Infact female vocals sound beautiful (not as smooth as RE-262 though ). The treble is by far the best Ive heard till now, better than RE-0 as well. The best part is the insanely fast speed and attacks in bass which I can hear while listening to fast paced passages of EDM music . Just bliss .Comparing RE-262 to TF10 with such music just makes the 262 sound very very slow and dull but more smooth and relaxing .
For my type of my music I prefer TF10s over anything else , infact even over the D5000s for the treble part ! Second best option is DDM . For most other genres which do not require good bass response,I would love to use the 262 .

anubhav2345 said:
Yup Yup Yup !!!

I want the FA-003 for its neutrality .

FA-002W;s are already keeping me happy . Bu this FA-003 is praised very much for its neutrality :)

I have asked amarbir to get it in his fischer audio consignment . I wanna keep myself away from the customs headache !!!

I am not sure about why you want FA-003. Don't they share the same drivers? I remember reading in head-fi that one person ordered FA-002W along with the shells/cups of FA-003, so that he can get two headphones in one. If you are going to get FA-003 to sell to me at a huge discount, then go ahead :eek:hyeah:. Otherwise confirm with Amarbir if they are similar as mentioned in the head-fi thread and get just the FA-003 shells.

FaH33m said:
The bass is so tight ,the mids are perfectly neutral , I dont find them to be recessed at all ..
Are we still talking about the TF10s ???? :p

Completely agree with you on the treble though. Even I preferred them to the RE0s treble.

FaH33m said:
I don't find the width to be all that lacking :S . Ofcourse its not as good as RE-262 or RE-1 but it surely is decently wide and good enough for me.Also this could be because most of the Electronics music I listen to doesn't have a good width but is more depth perceivable and the depth of sound with TF10s is just awesome.Especially since I started using Comply tips and got the new cables the amount of detailing and authority it brings out in the sound ,I cant help but falling in love with these ! The bass is so tight ,the mids are perfectly neutral , I dont find them to be recessed at all .Infact female vocals sound beautiful (not as smooth as RE-262 though ). The treble is by far the best Ive heard till now, better than RE-0 as well. The best part is the insanely fast speed and attacks in bass which I can hear while listening to fast paced passages of EDM music . Just bliss .Comparing RE-262 to TF10 with such music just makes the 262 sound very very slow and dull but more smooth and relaxing

One of the reasons why I never came around to selling TF10s even without an uber-expensive cable. Every time I thought of selling them, I try them one last time and fall in love with that 'fun' sound. While there are IEMs I spend more time with than TF10, the unique combination of fun and detail is hard to come by.

I generally perceived TF10 to be deep than wide, but it's not short of width in any way. A small A/B would attest that fact. It is much better than the unnaturally wide RE1. I never heard 'recessed mids' either.

@Faheem,

Silver cables are generally said to be 'bright'. That's said to be the trouble with Brainwavz B2. Perhaps an upper mids and treble bump? Is it possible to do a A/B sometime between the stock and the UE silver cables?

Of course, Brendon will test your claim of 'beautiful vocals' :p

Edit: Looks like RE272 is headed in the right direction.

^ Bang on ! Did an A/B of the cables sometime back. The silver cable has made maximum impact on the treble, not much on bass and mids.I just can't believe how clear and detailed the treble is now .Earlier it had a slightly grainy effect. Now its insanely detailed ,crystal clear and seems to be better extending . The bass quantity remains the same. The slight muddiness / hump at the end of the bass notes isn't there now . The mids - cant really find a big difference. As mentioned earlier , they don't seem recessed at all but not warm as well. The complete sound signature of TF10 is created by an extreme contrast of bass and treble , maybe that's the reason some people find it to be lacking in mids .

Haven't seen any huge improvements in soundstage as such .The width and depth pretty much remains same but due to better authority of every single note, the overall sound seems to be better spread and open.

esanthosh said:
I am not sure about why you want FA-003. Don't they share the same drivers? I remember reading in head-fi that one person ordered FA-002W along with the shells/cups of FA-003, so that he can get two headphones in one. If you are going to get FA-003 to sell to me at a huge discount, then go ahead :eek:hyeah:. Otherwise confirm with Amarbir if they are similar as mentioned in the head-fi thread and get just the FA-003 shells.
Thanks for the valuable post . I was not aware about this yet , that they both share the same driver !!

Still i will read out more abot the FA003's on head-fi :)

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

strategy said:
Anubhav is neutrality is what you want go for HD600.

nowadays the headfi resale price of HD600 has declined, get yourself a pair. :)
HD600 and HD650 , both i admire a lot .

But it always happen so , when i finailise about buying the HD650 , then my mind knocks from inside saying " Hey , look at me too .....and that's the AKG-702 knocking ;)

Back