Audio Random IEM / Headphone Rants

its a preorder price.......
We r still unsure about final price
anyhow for ths price its surely a steal and a better VFM
I m in love with re262

although i m now looking for an analytical iem to train my ears......:ashamed:

@ilpal , yeah i went to an audiologist for impressions.

( dont do it yourself , I mean how can you even think that way !! )

in india it costs about 100-150 per ear. ( just dont tell them the price of customs, they might charge you more )

Yup its a very good read
I read it when it came out and i m very curious for single dynamic driver custom
I prefer dynamic driver sound, os it seems a much better option to me
However it doest quite have the sparkle in treble when compared to some top tier customs (as stated by reviewer).

Useful thread on Customs: ** Customs Resource Thread - Summary Reviews, Info, Manufacturers - Head-Fi.org Community

And all I can say is DAMN YOU DFKT :mad: for putting EX1000 back on my radar - [Review] Impressions of the Sony EX1000 versus the FX700, GR10 and e-Q5 - Page 6 - Head-Fi.org Community

Here's a custom manufacturer who sends a free impression kit using which you can create your own impressions. They also send back the impressions when they send the customs. Guess that reduces the need for them to store the impressions and the customer, the need to visit an audiologist. But, self made impressions? Not so sure how many would need a re-fit after that. Reminds me of Sonomax's Sculptedeers, which is claimed to be 'custom fits in four minutes', though in Sonomax's case, it's done professionally.

The one's looking for analytical sound could also try getting the B2 on pre-order using the 20$ discount coupon for a total of only 120$ ! They should be pretty much similar to DBA-02 with the copper cable.

^ So, is Raz sending any review sample to you? ;)

I think B2 is a better way to source DBA-02 IF the upper mid bump has completely vanished.

Non IEM question, I'm deciding between a Ray Samuels Tomahawk and Head Room Micro Amp, was wondering if anyone here had any thoughts on the same ,SQ wise which would be better ? I know the RSA scores on portability compared to the micro amp

RSA Blackbird, RSA P51 and the Protector are the better RSA's. Personally i like the Hornet too for its bass and speed. But I haven't tried the amps you've mentioned.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

Even more off-topic, I purchased the Event Alp5 Studio Monitors yesterday for my flatmate. Amazing!!

Great writeup.. interesting to read his views about the downsides of balanced portables. Hehe. Makes me wonder if I can get some money by trading for a Mustang or a Pico Slim, along with the cables..

^ Its one of the must neutral and most underpowered amp Ive tried . It couldn't properly drive an RE-1 also :|. Ask Brendon about it . Maybe it was hyped so much all over head-fi that we had some great expectations from it.

I really doubt the pico slim is as bad as you make it sound. The reviews on head-fi cannot really be on the other side of the world compared to yours.

I think you should try it again, maybe it brought out the flaws of the RE1 more than the flaws of the amp. Maybe with your headphone.

Back