Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Unbreakable - 9/10 - Very underrated! Noticed a lot more things this time around (2nd viewing) on dvd when compared to the theatrical viewing. Hope Manoj N.Shyamalan makes movies that kick some ass again unlike Lady in the Water which was a steaming pile of crap. But having said that id like to be proven wrong if i find it better if i ever watch it again.

Bluffmaster said:
Slumdog Millionaire : 9/10 , Bloody awesome movie. The Music was awesome and the cast was perfect. Although I found the use of swear words a little out of place. But anyways a must-watch.

Any Idea when this one is releasing in India ?

23rd Jan...Gonna wait!!:tongue:

Ghajini
:clapping: :clapping: :hap2: :clapping: :clapping:

10+/10

3hr 15min Complete Thriller.

It will be best film of the year, thats sure! . Aamir was outstanding in every department. I think u cannot match Aamir with anybody, he is really unique. Everybody gelled well with the film. Action is superv and very raw, even after censor board trimed few raw action scenes. Soft heart people stay way. U won't like it. :rofl:

Asin, Jiah good. Only change I would like to make is Ghajini the main villan. Wish he could be more more ferocious in look.

Please people don't watch it at home, films like this are worth watching at cinema hall

This is complete worth watching. I have to fight my way to get ticket. Thanks God we were 10 people. At the End my thoart was paining after we all shouted and whistle like anything. All of us had great time.

Watch it now or u will miss something

akiso said:
Ghajini
:clapping: :clapping: :hap2: :clapping: :clapping:

10+/10

3hr 15min Complete Thriller.

It will be best film of the year, thats sure! . Aamir was outstanding in every department. I think u cannot match Aamir with anybody, he is really unique. Everybody gelled well with the film. Action is superv and very raw, even after censor board trimed few raw action scenes. Soft heart people stay way. U won't like it. :rofl:

Asin, Jiah good. Only change I would like to make is Ghajini the main villan. Wish he could be more more ferocious in look.

Please people don't watch it at home, films like this are worth watching at cinema hall

This is complete worth watching. I have to fight my way to get ticket. Thanks God we were 10 people. At the End my thoart was paining after we all shouted and whistle like anything. All of us had great time.

Watch it now or u will miss something

Refreshing Enthusiasm :p

Are you sure, you aren't Director of Ghajini ? :rofl: (j/k)

Yeah Slumdog should get a few nominations!... Danny Boyle is awesome....brilliant...fantabulous

Vicky Christina Barcelona - 7.5

The Dark Knight (Had to see it again!!) - 11/10

Training Day : 8/10

Nice goodcop-badcop thriller, both Denzel and Ethan Hawke were awesome in it.

Oh and, how much have they dumbed down Ghajini from Memento? :p

Params7 said:
Oh and, how much have they dumbed down Ghajini from Memento?

A lot.. and I mean A LOT. But overall when you think from regular cine-goers perspective it's good. You would see these people pulling their hairs if you show them Memento. I won't say that I liked it a lot but I find it decently made, except the totally unnecessary romance track and songs which lengthens the movie... luckily it's not too boring so one can survive it.

In short, don't go to watch it expecting to see proper bollywood adaptation of Memento.

Just to add.. these are the only bollywood adaptations I found worth mentioning... Zinda (from Old Boy), Maqbool and Omkara (from Macbeth and Othello respectively).

SLUMDOG MILLIONAIRE - 10/10

Freaking awesome. A ultra real picture of mumbai slums smashed in the face of oscars.... very nice acting, good script and what a background score... A R RAHMAN rocks.... Love prevails, Hope prevails... Absolutely brilliant...

Go watch it on 23rd Jan... or miss it for a fortune... If nly our copy cat bollywood could make something like this one on a regular basis..

regards

Thinkjayant

Ghajini : 7/10

Ok ... now let me clear all the misconceptions about this movie. Ghajni is NOT Memento. The only similarities between the two movies is the overall theme of revenge , the Polaroid camera and the tattoos. Apart from that Ghajini is a total different experience. So please stop comparing it with Memento.

Now the second question. Is Ghajini any good? The answer is Yes, but its nothing exceptional. There are so many plot holes and basic logical flaws that it hampers the whole movie experience. The whole concept of 15 minutes memory Loss is flawed as we see Aamir do things which are impossible to do in a 15 minutes time span. This happens not once but many times throughout the movie. The second area where it fails to impress is the emotional quotient. Somehow the film fails to connect with the audience. While Aamir's performance is brilliant, I found his transformation from a calm and composed business tycoon to a murdering psycho very unbelievable. The music although decent is below Rahman's standards. Asin impresses, Jia is ok and the main villain Ghajini is decent although his haryanvi accent sounds very weird.

Overall, Ghajini is an out an out bollywood entertainer. Families might be put off by the violence which is shown throughout the movie in a typical bollywood style. To give it its due credit, it does an exceptional job of not boring the audience throughout its 3 hr long runtime. Ghajini is strictly a one time watch. I would give it a 3/5 rating.

Back