Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

^ I really miss watching films in such an environment. Multiplex crowds are sooooooooooo boring, and where I stay Hindi films release only in multiplexes.

Dabangg : 6/10.............. first half was good........ but in second half, the movie just lost the plot.......... although the acting and music is gr8..........

Resident Evil 4 : Afterlfe : 7/10......... worst of all resident evil movies till now as far as story goes....... but too good on action sequences, 3D and background score........ the villain characters were shown very well (eg the executioner) exactly like in the game, but there was nothing which told how they evolved.............

Brave Heart : 9/10 : Awesome awesome movie......... no words to explain.............. why didn't see this before..............

Aradhana : (Old hindi starring Rajesh Khanna) 8/10........... these old hindi flicks are better than these days flicks......... maybe because i am seeing few good selected ones from past.............

agantuk said:
^ I really miss watching films in such an environment. Multiplex crowds are sooooooooooo boring, and where I stay Hindi films release only in multiplexes.

I know wat you mean man.Even when I am in Bangalore, I watch such movies in the solo theatres like Cauvery.All the whistles, hoots, funny comments and the dancing is great fun in such theatres.

Seven Samurai - 7/10 :)
Reservoir Dogs - 6/10
Must say I was quite disappointed. Maybe I was expecting too much. Whole movie I was waiting for something awesome to happen, but when the movie ended, I was like wtf?!

Dabbang : 6/10 :(
seriously disappointed with this movie and this movie is poised to overtake 3 idiots :no: :no: :no:

This justs proves the fact today only great marketing makes film work at the box office :(

^ in terms of collection in the weekend (it overtook 3 idiots by 1.5 Cr)

there was a lot of inspiration taken from Rajni and english movies.

the salman entry music even a liftoff from the departed.

the end final fight sequence with sonu sood a total ripoff of sherlock holmes.

thank god i did not spend any money for this movie.

The Expendables --------- 8/10

Liked it a lot, i thought arnold played an important role but he just had a special appearance. Still Mr. Stallone was great :)

CA50 said:
The Expendables --------- 8/10

Liked it a lot, i thought arnold played an important role but he just had a special appearance. Still Mr. Stallone was great :)

Yeah I thought the same but Stallone and Statham were top-notch!

Dabangg opening breaks 3 Idiots record.

The Salman Khan – Sonakshi Sinha movie, Dabangg has reportedly broke the 3 Idiots record in the opening day, grossing a whopping Rs.14 crore. 3 Idiots had a similar opening with Rs.13 crore on its first day.

Released on September 10, Dabangg is one of the most hyped movies of the year and the movie has got very good response from the viewers as well. Many have rated the movie above “Wanted”, another similar masala movie starring Salman Khan that released a few months ago.

Source

Hmm.. Great! :p

I have yet to see Wanted and nor am I a Salman fan or Bollywood movies in general ..

but I was totally blown away by Dabaang .. (9/10) for Bollywood Movies.

Powerful theme .. Comic Book'ish characters .. :)

This one takes all typical bollywood cliches n stereotypes n totally destroys them.

Special appreciation for the action choreography n stunt work.

VFX was blended in soo masterfully .. usually film-makers tend to go over the top trying to 'show-off' SFX.

To be called 'mindless' would only mean the movie has served its purpose. That's its true hallmark.

Characters were good .. plot played out in a very 'uncomplicated' way leaving room much action.

Salman Khan really was the only choice for this role .. a larger than life bad-boy .. very well done.

Oh n I too watched in a 'talkies/theater' full of sccreaming howling Salman fans .. totally the perfect setting. :D

The Prestige ~ 9/10

Watched it at 1080p. This is the best movie I have seen in at least the past five years. Simply brilliant! Christopher Nolan just seems to go from strength to strength.

"Now you're looking for the secret.. But you won't find it because you're not really looking. You don't really want to know the secret.. You want to be fooled."

Awesome! It includes all the summary and plot in this movie. There's a lot of twists and turns in the movie. The answers are always different to what you've think of.. Simply Brilliant! Christopher Nolan kept it temptingly plausible throughout the 2 hour watch. A must must watch. :p

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

How to Train Your Dragon ~ 7.5/10

resident evil afterlife the movie was shot reallly welllll in 3d the story is shite as usual but i like the way they used a lot of assets from the re5 game :D i saw this movie in inox chennai did they change theire 3d system i could see the stereoscopic effects really well

Resident Evil: Afterlife - 7/10

The opening action scene was kind of lame. :| But overall I liked the movie. Those who like the game would love to see some elements taken from RE5. That big dude with a huge axe like thing was awesome. :D

Ofcourse then there's Milla Jovovich! :D and Ali Larter!! :drool2:

Back