Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Mmm..thanks guys on the real deal about Agneepath 2012. Will probably not catch it on screen (did not plan to anyways), but had a 1% hope that it might end up good. Remakes are tricky, specially with something like this. Am sure when Mukul Anand crafted it back in 1990, he would have never guessed the cult classic it would become. Personally I find this one Hindi movie (not the only though) where each and every character is justified and the actors played it rock solid to the bone. Probably some of the best scenes were:

1. When little Vijay transforms into the main hero. The inspector crosses the camera, and we see Big B sitting -- aged. Not young. This way we know that a lot of years have passed in between. Brings depth and character to the 'character'.

2. When the 4 dons are planning to to 'encounter' Vijay, and he walks in. A ton of phones are ringing throughout the whole scene.

3. When Vijay comes out of the water, and Kancha Cheena is shocked, awed, scared, and cautious .....and bloody curious.

4. Slaughter of the final don, in the slums. (Dharavi..?)

5. Vijay shows the nurse, Mandwa from the opposite coast, and tells Tinnu Anand, "the time has come". His eyes are dark, and red. Shows the volcano inside..seething and volatile.

Awesome.

^ I think that's pretty much my issue with the new Agneepath. There just is no 'Agni' in Hrithik. Amitabh was super awesome. True, the film was a washout at the box office then, what with the stupidity of releasing it initially in a dubbed voice, but then after the correction, the film was superb.

^ I think that's pretty much my issue with the new Agneepath. There just is no 'Agni' in Hrithik. Amitabh was super awesome. True, the film was a washout at the box office then, what with the stupidity of releasing it initially in a dubbed voice, but then after the correction, the film was superb.

I think the heavier gruffier voice was experimental. Apparently Big B had said in an interview, that he had met the person (don) on whom the character was based, so they made the voice rough. I have both versions, and ya, the difference is quite strange.

Yea, after a few weeks, they immediately re-released the prints with Amitabh's normal voice.

TT3D: Closer to the Edge - 9/10.

Fantastic documentary about the annual bike racing event that happens at the Isle of Man. Very well narrated by Jared Leto. Even for a guy who isn't into biking or the related tech. like me, I loved it. The second-half was very emotional.

^^IMO Forrest Gump totally deserves all those oscars. Its one of my favorite movies. Its fun to watch that movie

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 9/10- NIce movie if you like movies with intriguing suspense set in a dull backdrop. Rooney Mara has done a great job. Deserves an Oscar

[font=arial, sans-serif]A very Harold and Kumar Christmas - 3/10 - [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]Enjoyed the previous 2 movies. But this one was just stupid. Looked like they just made a movie to make some quick cash for Christmas[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Johnny English Reborn - 5/10 [/font][font=arial, sans-serif]- Big Rowan Atkinson fan. But never liked the Johnny English series. The 1st one was slightly better. But this one was little boring. I might have laughed few times. He should just continue doing Mr. Bean[/font]

A Fish Called Wanda - 8/10 - Nice British comedy

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 9/10

Effing brilliant! The first of the Millennium series and Noomi Rapace acted exceedingly well. I watched the one with hardcoded subs instead of the English dubs. Eagerly waiting to watch the English remake which seemed to have garnered slightly better reviews than the original Swedish version.

The Girl Who Played with Fire - 8/10

Good but certainly not as good as the first one.

Will watch the last one tomorrow.

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 9/10

Effing brilliant! The first of the Millennium series and Noomi Rapace acted exceedingly well. I watched the one with hardcoded subs instead of the English dubs. Eagerly waiting to watch the English remake which seemed to have garnered slightly better reviews than the original Swedish version.

The Girl Who Played with Fire - 8/10

Good but certainly not as good as the first one.

Will watch the last one tomorrow.

I believe I've repeated this a dozen times on TE, but do read the books if you can. It will blow you away!

There's a lot more to the story and to Lisbeth's character. She's by far my favorite fictional character.
<

I believe I've repeated this a dozen times on TE, but do read the books if you can. It will blow you away!

There's a lot more to the story and to Lisbeth's character. She's by far my favorite fictional character.
<

Bug I hate reading books. Tell you what, I haven't even read my text books completely let alone novels! I can't get myself to sit at a place and browse through pages. A habit I did not inculcate during my childhood and I regret it now.
<

Hehe. You are missing out on a lot then. Reading books is a really fun and immersive. The best part about reading books is that there is no limiitation to your imagination. You can easily get absorbed in the world being portrayed in the book.

It's never too late to start you know. You might think you won't be able to sit through and flip through pages, but trust me, if you have something really interested in your hands, you'll forget where you are and be lost into the book.

I don't read as much as I would like to, mostly because I'm too lazy.
<
But I've really enjoyed whatever little I've read. I suggest you start with a couple of really good books. Read only a few pages at a time if you can't sit for long, but once you start liking it, you'll never stop.

Moneyball 7/10

It was alright, expected more, Brad Pitt was in his usual assertive role, probably not the best guy for the role, Jonah hill was amazing though, and was perfect for the role, if I saw this movie 5 year back I might have rated it more but today, nah..it could have been better.

Back