Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

The Hobbit: Battle of the Five Armies

The Peter Jackson method: I will stretch a single review score into three review scores.

Scenes without Thorin or Bilbo or Legolas - 5/10
Scenes with Thorin or Bilbo - 9/10
Scenes with Legolas - 2/10
For sometime, I have been wondering why does Legolas looks older in a prequel. That said, The Hobbit: 4/10 -- I just hope, now he doesn't start making The Silmarillion into a book. It has 5 parts and each part stretched to 3 movies - 15 movies in total. He could very well be set for life.

Did anyone noticed, Anuska's lips don't closed properly. Even when she closes her lips, its little parted in her RHS. (once I saw that, everytime she came onscreen, thats what I saw :D)
The basic concept is similar to OMG. People are saying it better presented in PK. I see amir hooligans.
How did you even notice that. The whole duck like structure was enough to throw me off from anything else going on in the scenes :p

There are many parallels to the movie really - OMG, K-Pax, Australian movie called "Alien Visitor". Unfortunately all our movie directors are bereft of any original ideas. They just package movies in a different setup and then pat themselves for a job well done. I think Amir Khan is not left behind in this: ( ;) )
http://www.theunrealtimes.com/2014/11/17/comic-christopher-nolan-trolls-aamir-khan/

PK - 2/10.

It's high time I realize that Raju Hirani style just doesn't cut it for me. Have felt that way ever since Lage Raho and what followed. But memories of original Munnabhai were still strong and fond enough to make me watch this one. No more though, definitely no more!

P. S. - I've read only one novel (The Yawnchemist) of his but it's safe to say that Hirani is the Coelho of the filmi world.

Last edited:
Nothing But The Truth - 9/10. Came across this movie and was really really surprised at how good it was. Got to admit, I initially picked it for Kate Beckinsale :). But, the movie is really great!!

Trading Places - 7.6/10
Enjoyable. Adapted from the tale of 'A Prince and the Pauper'. Eddy Murphy plays one of his better roles.
Direction is pretty good for most of the movie.

After Hours - 7.8/10
Wonderful film. Its a weird sorta movie built around strange coincidences which leaves a man baffled, liked it absolutely.
Some good music score in this as well.

Den Brysomme mannen aka A Bothersome man - 7.8/10
Visually incredible, Wonderfully bizarre in content. Def will get my vote if i started a film club.

Le Samouraï AKA The Godson - 7.8/10
Stylish and well made. One of the few movies which i would revisit.

Shi mian mai fu AKA House of Flying Daggers - 7.9/10
Beautifully shot. Story in itself pales when compared with cinematography. Fully deserves to be seen only in HD

Yep fantastic film loosely based on a true story. What surprised me most is the fact that Kate Beckinsale can act.
Exactly. Even i didn't know that :). Had only watched underworld and Van Helsing. Not much of acting to be done in either. So i was really surprised by her acting in this movie. Too bad the movie didn't get the recognition it deserves. Also watched "The trials of Cate Mcall" , another of Kate's movie. Good acting in this movie too. Next up is "The Stonehearst Asylum".

Gone Girl- 8/10
Good thriller as expected!!

Maze Runner- 6/10
starts with as usual scifi suspense type..with a OK ending..just for one time watch in a lazy afternoon

Lucy- 7/10
Fast paced Sci-fi with unexpected brain twisting ending!!

Another Earth - 6/10
Had potential to deliver an emotional sucker punch, but fell short.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - 7/10
Good fun
Rec 4 : Apocalypse - 3/10
They are just dragging the series now
Sex Tape - 5/10
Could have been so much better

PK - 8/10, one of the better movies to come out of bollywood this year after the trash like HNY, Kick, AJ, Entertainment. May be not in the same league of Queen, Haider but definitely better. One of the better performances of AK. Except Dhoom all his movies are real good. Have to appreciate his consistency. Kudos.

The Equalizer

Overall 8/10

+ Denzil Washington - enuf said.
+ Decent storyline, decent action
- Decent storyline -- yup.. shades of it were great... could have been better.. parts of the story felt like they were cut short to skimp on time here n there while the final showdown was pretty much a non event too..

overall a decent watch.

Back