Rate the Last Movie You Saw...

Avengers : Age of Ultron => 8/10 As usual, packed with great Action scenes and a lot of one liners. However, many times the humor was too much and out of place. There are a few unexplained plot holes which I suspect are the victims of theatrical cut from 3 hrs+ to 2 hrs 20mins. I can understand when casual movie watchers say the didn't find the story gripping or many things were copied from the Avengers (which is true in some cases, e.g. for sound track). But marvel fans, especially MCU fans would feel great about the big picture and how phase 3 is gonna be kicked off. Personally, I felt Wheadon undid the character development a bit for Cap from Winter Soldier. In this sense, I'm happy that Russo brothers are going to direct the Infinity Wars and hope to see much more gripping story and tension.
Vision picking up Mjonir was a true WTF moment and I could hear several Holy $h!t and WTFs in the theatre :D I am however a bit surprised why they opened with attacking Hydra base and didn't even explain later why they were trying find Loki's Scepter all of a sudden when nobody cared for it at the end of the 1st movie. Also, they could have cut the part about the romance and used that time to go a bit deep in Thor's vision and also how Thor didn't know about that pool but Selvig did.
Another thing, Vision has the mind gem and thus should have been able to destroy Ultron at will in a moment since the gems are the most powerful artifacts in the universe. It also kinda means that when Thanos gets all the gem, Vision has to die.

Last edited:
I can understand when casual movie watchers say the didn't find the story gripping or many things were copied from the Avengers (which is true in some cases, e.g. for sound track). But marvel fans, especially MCU fans would feel great about the big picture and how phase 3 is gonna be kicked off.
Due to the ending in this movie, between Cap and Iron Man, Cap 3 will have the same disjointed feel (as the first action seq in AoU). That way even for a MCU fan, phase 3 has started in mediocrity. But obviously they will be more bombastic so everyone will forget about it.

That said:

Avengers : Age of Ultron => 8/10
Yeah many scenes felt disjointed. I read that the original cut was 3.5 hrs long so maybe that's the reason. I just couldn't make much sense of the Thor vision.
Why do you think vision was able to life Mjolnir? Because he was worthy? Because of the infinity gem? Or since he wasn't a sentient being and his intentions were pure. As Bruce banner said, if the hammer is in a lift and the lift goes up, it doesn't make the lift worthy. Is it the same logic that makes Vision lift the hammer?

Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey - 4/10
Too lengthy. Abhishek Bachchan is a miscast.

16 Wishes -wtf/10
I dont know why I watched this.

Force - 6/10
Good action movie by Bollywood standards.

Wrath of the Titans - 2/10
Waste of time.

Lai Bhaari - 6/10
Typical 80's/90's plotline packaged in a Marathi potboiler. Still a good one time watch. Ritesh Deshmukh is good, but Sharad Kelkar as the villain is excellent.

Shaitaan - 6/10
Good acting by all involved but the film loses its way post interval.

Holiday - 5/10
Typical masala film where the hero never faces a challenge and is always 2 steps ahead of the villain. Songs are ridiculous and pointless.

That Girl in Yellow Boots - 7/10
Loved Kalki in it. A pretty good movie, though a bit lengthy.

Rann - 4/10
The subject matter had potential but the effect was diluted with RGV's convoluted sense of Camera angles and background score.

Yeah many scenes felt disjointed. I read that the original cut was 3.5 hrs long so maybe that's the reason. I just couldn't make much sense of the Thor vision.
Why do you think vision was able to life Mjolnir? Because he was worthy? Because of the infinity gem? Or since he wasn't a sentient being and his intentions were pure. As Bruce banner said, if the hammer is in a lift and the lift goes up, it doesn't make the lift worthy. Is it the same logic that makes Vision lift the hammer?
Well, as usual, Marvel wants us to speculate :p And then they will retcon whichever they see fit in the next movie (like they did with Loki's scepter). personally, I feel following are possible :
1. Any infinity stone over rides Odin's enchantment. As such in the comics, the stones/gems are the most powerful artifact and no one even knows their full power/capability.
2. His intension was pure and he wanted to save humanity or "life" as he says. So he's deem worthy, at least in the duration of the movie (Yes, many characters have been able to lift and wield the Mjonir when the situation demanded it and thier intension was pure and selfless making them worthy for the moment).
3. He's a machine and hence doesn't fall under the category needing to be deemed worthy. They never showed him wielding the magical power - he just used it to hit ultron once as a normal hammer, didn't conjure thunder nor he used it for flight since he already had the capability. So yes, similar to what Stark said a lift being worthy.
4. He was born just a few moments back and hence like a bay, the Mjonir couldn't determine his worthyness.

^Well, that covers all the possibilities. The outcome of discussion with my friends was also similar.
Anyway, no end credit scene. That was a bummer :mad:. Wasted 5 minutes looking at the credits. Then I read later that Whedon had already announced there won't be any end credit scene :banghead:.[DOUBLEPOST=1430301577][/DOUBLEPOST]But then again, I wasn't reading anything related to Age of Ultron lest something gets spoiled, So I guess can't blame anyone for that.

Yeah ! I actually had a friend watch the movie the day before so he told me there is no end crdit scene.But anyway, I noticed that recently the end credit scene is rather trivial, usually the mid credit scene matters the most.

Winter Sleep 9/10 Engaging dialogues and Best acting I have seen in a long time.
The Equalizer 8/10 A Stylish And Daring Action Thriller
Birdman 6/10 The Unexpected Virtue of Pretension
Taken 3 : 6/10 Not a Grand Finale for the franchise
22nd Jump Street 1/10 I really struggled watching this.

Watched AOU yesterday. Though it was good, after watching avengers 1 didn't get that same awesome feeling. Some of the fights sequences were really nice especially the last one after Thor taunts Ultron looked like a dance in slowmo.
Anyways there's a scene after the end credits. I didn't get the character-looks like a CGI Obadiah with costume, he wears a metal hand glove weapon and says "I think I need to finish this myself" I think that's what I got! Think that's a start for the next marvel movie.
I watched it at Inox bangalore and the morons had subtitles on for the movie! I don't know why but it marred the total look is the movie!

Last edited by a moderator:
Avengers 2 - 5/10.

Well, it isn't boring. But nothing special either. Pretty much forgot that we'd just watched a movie, minutes after stepping out of the theater.

Vfx/Cg was spectacular .... as usual. Nothing much besides that. The structure was also pretty uninspired - string of action sequences in the beginning, lull in the middle, string of action sequences at the end. Didn't care much about what or why things were happening. Wasn't funny either.

I'm starting to feel jaded by superhero movies. They are on a downward spiral. With the odd exception every once in a while, most fall into the 'Been there, done that' category. I also fear that efforts to tie in or somehow link different characters from different movies to the same universe will lead to even more uninspired scripts.

But because they will continue to rake in the moolah, Hollywood will not care. Mind you, most fans are pretty happy with what is being doled out. I'm from the minority who knows better than to expect anything more with each new release. & yet I continue watching such superhero movies because those are the only ones in the 'blockbuster action' genre these days.

1. Drag Me to Hell - 8/10. The plot is predictable and the scenes are humorous at times. But a lot of the scenes will cause you to jump in your panties. And that is what counts...!
2. Boyhood - 6/10. I finished this in three different sittings. Way to long and boring-stretched. Well, Ethan Hawk is/was/will be cool as always.
3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 9/10. Simply hilarious, excellent soundtrack, and great character development.
4. Kill Me Three Times - 8/10. The first half of the movie is the meat. The story-boarding and flashbacks really set the rhythm and theme of the movie. Second half, lags. But we have a humorous and crime-riddled setting, with selfish motives. Oh..and..Teresa Palmer looks, astoundingly pretty. Simon Pegg is good.

I will have to go through the last 50 pages or so. I have missed out on so many good movies of late just because my attention span has been greatly reduced by watching TV series. In fact the last 20 or so movies I have watched have been at the cinema hall.

1. Drag Me to Hell - 8/10. The plot is predictable and the scenes are humorous at times. But a lot of the scenes will cause you to jump in your panties. And that is what counts...!
2. Boyhood - 6/10. I finished this in three different sittings. Way to long and boring-stretched. Well, Ethan Hawk is/was/will be cool as always.
3. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - 9/10. Simply hilarious, excellent soundtrack, and great character development.
4. Kill Me Three Times - 8/10. The first half of the movie is the meat. The story-boarding and flashbacks really set the rhythm and theme of the movie. Second half, lags. But we have a humorous and crime-riddled setting, with selfish motives. Oh..and..Teresa Palmer looks, astoundingly pretty. Simon Pegg is good.
Spot on about Kill me three times. A good entertainer.

Back