******Thread/OP updated********
# The buggy: $12.5 (24 unit pack) = Waiting reply
# The buggy: $19 (4 unit pack) = Rs. 1500 each
# Ferrari: Out of stock

:(

RC helicopters are available locally

Amazon.com: Radio Control Helicopter: Toys & Games

DealExtreme: $40.94 DragonFly Express Large 2CH R/C Helicopter

the ones like in the above links are available for 1.1k in the wholesale market, These big ones (around 2 feet length).

DealExtreme: $27.32 USB Rechargeable 3-CH Palm-Size Mini R/C Helicopter Set (IR Remote)

These are available for around 900 rs. Its small and fun to fly them. I tried flying two different models of this kind of heli, its fun to play :p. Its flying for about 10 minutes (once recharged) one of the models can be recharged using USB.

Some Stunt RC cars are also available, but buggy is not available :(.

sato1986 said:

m sure the prices aren gonna be as expected below 1k even for the 24 unit pack.. Boy, m gonna hav to skip the ferrari in that case.. :no:

gmano said:
RC helicopters are available locally
Amazon.com: Radio Control Helicopter: Toys & Games
DealExtreme: $40.94 DragonFly Express Large 2CH R/C Helicopter
the ones like in the above links are available for 1.1k in the wholesale market, These big ones (around 2 feet length).

DealExtreme: $27.32 USB Rechargeable 3-CH Palm-Size Mini R/C Helicopter Set (IR Remote)
These are available for around 900 rs. Its small and fun to fly them. I tried flying two different models of this kind of heli, its fun to play :p. Its flying for about 10 minutes (once recharged) one of the models can be recharged using USB.

Some Stunt RC cars are also available, but buggy is not available :(.

Don't compare the cheap Dealextreme shit with the Hobbytron items man! :rofl:

slash84 said:
Hobbytron isnt anything special, its just a cheap site with a great variety. Moreover, it does seem fun, gmano has experienced it too :) im interested in local choppers :)

slash84 said:

Whats wrong with dealextreme? you think hobbytron is making their own RC cars and other toys? (I can not change the attitude of the kids like you, thinking that whatever amarican's sell are great and everything else is shit)

FYI, These buggy cars you get from hobbytron are also chinese ones. (I have the manufacturer's details, but they wont supply below one lot, that is 482 pcs)

gmano said:
Whats wrong with dealextreme? you think hobbytron is making their own RC cars and other toys? (I can not change the attitude of the kids like you, thinking that whatever amarican's sell are great and everything else is shit)

FYI, These buggy cars you get from hobbytron are also chinese ones. (I have the manufacturer's details, but they wont supply below one lot, that is 482 pcs)
True.
I researched about buggy recently:
YouTube - RC Car - Shen Qi Wei 1-52 Scale Mini Go-Kart TOY
Its a product of "Shen Qi Wei". A good chinese brand for RC toys.
@gmano: im interested in that rs.900 chopper since you said its good :)
Will goto market tomorrow to check out some RC stuff.

^^ You check locally, if its not available there then I will arrange for you. Shipping wont cross Rs. 60 I think. I think I can haggle the trader to reduce the price a bit, as Rs. 900 was given by the trader without haggling :p.

Edit: Importer's address was actually mentioned as Chennai, not sure if I can trace the importer directly. Will try that also if many are interested.

Similar one is selling for around 3k in ebay :(

eBay India: 3 CH RC METAL FALCON HELICOPTER WITH HEADLOCK GYROSCOPE (item 180468572243 end time 19-Feb-2010 09:36:05 IST)

gmano said:

Dude, i have been shoping on Dealextreme since the day they opened up. In case you didnt know there was another site which i used before DE, and Dealextreme happened when one of the partners from that site broke loose and went solo.

Coming to the Hobbytron vs. Dealextreme, i know both are made in China but there is something called as quality which "grown ups" like you forget to take into consideration. I have friends who have shopped on both websites and have raved about hobbytron. I am just saying, Americans care more about quality. Feel free to diss me.

Hobbytron >> DE

and i own a couple of silverlit RC cars..they are awesome for the price.

was eyeing on the calsonic , but i m gonna get Tamiya :eek:hyeah:

slash84 said:
Dude, i have been shoping on Dealextreme since the day they opened up. In case you didnt know there was another site which i used before DE, and Dealextreme happened when one of the partners from that site broke loose and went solo.

Coming to the Hobbytron vs. Dealextreme, i know both are made in China but there is something called as quality which "grown ups" like you forget to take into consideration. I have friends who have shopped on both websites and have raved about hobbytron. I am just saying, Americans care more about quality. Feel free to diss me.

Agreed, dealextreme lists cheap quality along with good quality products, while hobbytron doesn't list the cheapass products at all.

most of helis naveen listed from ebay are IR remote operated. They are only good for indoor flying like rooms or something. They wont even work properly even in summer.

Best option is to buy a 3 or 4 channel FM heli from a local hobby shop.

I have listed the addresses of some hobby shops in India in the Mercedes RC car thread.

Hi, I want to buy one of these RC choppers for my 2 year old, he loves choppers ! Looking for a sturdy one since we keeps throwing his toys really hard. Please advise. What should i look for when I get one ?

Thanks

If i get some time would love to wash my hands with DIY RC Chopper or Model Aeroplane.
Nice hobby,addictive.But then you really need time for that.As it is you cannot rush Art.:(

sato1986 said:

1 buggy for me too please !! ( 24 pack price please ) can't resist the price.

Thanks

Back