RC cars (indoor and outdoor)

***No reply from KMD yet*****Thread updated*****

UPDATE: Last buggy, post now else you will be in the waiting list (i.e. You get $12.5 pricing only if someone backs out as its a 24-unit PACK)!!

For ferrari, paddy $39 (single unit) , he gets $36.5 pricing if someone backs out

PS: Please someone call KMD and tell to post his price here :)

^ Hmmm. i think we should count in this too..

so,that all those who want these drift cars can order the same.. :)

what do you say sato1986??

^ those drift cars are waste , 2 channel so no controllable speed , also need 4 batteries which will be used in 20 min . .

As robo explains, currently we aren't having enough experience with RC cars to just order what attracts us. Hence starting from the smallest sensible steps :)

Though regarding AA batteries, i would rather love to spend Rs.600 on eneloops rather than spending $5-10 on included non-branded batteries. Hence preferring cars without included batteries.
Eg: The Ferrari cars have included 750mAh batteries with them, but what if they go bad after 2-3 months?

i already have 5-6 rc cars and 2 planes :p , 3 cars have battery and both planes . out of which one plane's battery went bad just due to overcharge otherwise other plane's battery still works after 1 year .. 2 channel rc cars turn fully at once . not so much fun to control them . only 2 functions possible at once like forward + turn or reverse + turn , even speed not controllable only full when button pressed ..

"noob question"
how do u figure out whther its a 2 channel or whatever concerned..

@ Roboghost: i found this slightly cheaper in comparison with the Ferraris but as per the video atleast their speed seems to be at par with the buggies..any partcular way of finding whats the fastest here ??? also did some search on scale speed of the Ferraris but din quite understand anything (noob again)

RoBoGhOsT said:
i already have 5-6 rc cars and 2 planes :p , 3 cars have battery and both planes . out of which one plane's battery went bad just due to overcharge otherwise other plane's battery still works after 1 year .. 2 channel rc cars turn fully at once . not so much fun to control them . only 2 functions possible at once like forward + turn or reverse + turn , even speed not controllable only full when button pressed ..

a small request to you man..
can you plz post pics of your RC Collection in the Show Off Section??

mostly its written there but if not mentioned then see the remote , if it has push style 2 buttons right left and forward reverse then it will have 2 channel only . if it has digital proportional control and / or more than 2 joysticks + buttons like possible to activate or turn off lights from remote , then it will be atleast 3 channel . like the ferrari has 3 channel ..

@ naveen - i used to buy cars 6-7 years back :p dunno where they are lying since i have shifted house after that , one plane has broken and one is lying here ..

^^ then i guess the ferraris or the calsonics are the best of the lot.. will wait for KMD's quote for the same and then decide what to choose from..maybe i ll place myself in the queue for a Ferrari model..nonetheless i ll wait..

the problem with the ferrari and the calsonics is that they are low clearance.

you need a flat surface to run them, so you would be confined indoors mostly or if you have access to a tarmac that would be awesome.

^^^ you are right about the clearance but still ferrari and calsonic have digital proportional radio which makes them easier to control.

I like the ferrari and calsonic model better but I dont have the money :( .

I have spent a lot of money in ordering RC component for my VTOL project.

Update: International Shipping:
HobbyTron.com - Remote Control Cars Trucks Boats Nitro Gas Electric - Airsoft Guns, Magic Tricks & Science
After international shipping, pay per use option:
Eg: buggy pack (24) = $300
+handling = $315
-5% coupon = $295
+ US local + Intl. bongous shipping = $430 max!
Each car cost ~ $18 < Rs.900 shipped to doorstep.
But the issue is:
-Dont have a credit card
-have no experience about intl. shipping and hence no idea about customs
-cant take responsibility if product gets damaged midway.

Anyone who can take these responsibilities is free to quote his price.
Till then, we all wait for KMD's reply

Back