RC Scale Model Cars / Drift cars / Helicopters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opened my drift car yesterday(exams were till 1june). At first it was running quite good, having some problem in going forward. I had to held that throttle controller in particular place to move it. Car was giving signs of going off after striking to wall, I had to push it to start it again.

Today: First I did one round until it struct wall and then got off. After banging it a bit, car was live again. Then, before I could complete single round, it again striked wall. Car is not working since then, tried removing all parts and reinstalling them, but no use, car is not working.

I haven't dropped car even once. Car has hit wall some time, so that colour on front bumper has come off(little bit) .

Now what should I do?

@gmano : im unable to find ur account details in my message box. can you please pm once again so that i can make the payment. Model is W3129 (black one) and also the total amount with shipping to hyderabad. Thanks

Yesterday night: Before going to bed, I just tried running car. It was on table n was running, just placed car on floor n then it wasn't running...
Today Morning: Car was running. Then placed it on floor, it wasn't!. Banged(slowly) car onto my head, then it was working! Placed it on floor, accelerated car, it got forward and stopped. Since then it's not working again. It's been like this only. Car is not working properly.

@gmano: Could you please ask importers if they could replace my car?(Or just that engine/main part of car)(sorry for asking n more hassles for you:ashamed:, but situation is like that:no:)
Was thinking to open car and see what's the problem, but car has got screws with triangular head. I need a triangular screw-driver to open it up. Saw triangular screw for first time(besides plus, Minus, star ... the normal ones).

Sudarshan_SMD said:
Yesterday night: Before going to bed, I just tried running car. It was on table n was running, just placed car on floor n then it wasn't running...

Today Morning: Car was running. Then placed it on floor, it wasn't!. Banged(slowly) car onto my head, then it was working! Placed it on floor, accelerated car, it got forward and stopped. Since then it's not working again. It's been like this only. Car is not working properly.

@gmano: Could you please ask importers if they could replace my car?(Or just that engine/main part of car)(sorry for asking n more hassles for you:ashamed:, but situation is like that:no:)

Was thinking to open car and see what's the problem, but car has got screws with triangular head. I need a triangular screw-driver to open it up. Saw triangular screw for first time(besides plus, Minus, star ... the normal ones).

Check your Controller, may be you have not fitted te antenna properly or it is going out of range....

The symptoms you telling are most of times because of car not getting controller signals ...

Also extend the antenna before you play with car ...

jalanbk said:
Check your Controller, may be you have not fitted te antenna properly or it is going out of range....

The symptoms you telling are most of times because of car not getting controller signals ...

Also extend the antenna before you play with car ...

I am quite sure, it's not the problem with controller. Antenna has been fitted properly. I do extend antenna and operate from close range.

@Sudarshan, From your post, I understand that it was running good and then after banging it in the wall its not running properly. In that case, something may have misaligned inside. As its a DIY car, please open the car and try to figure out the problem, I am sure you will be able to correct. It has been more than two weeks now since I got the cars from importers, if I take it to them now do you think they will accept the return? (also you say that paint chipped due to banging). Replacing the parts from them is out of question as they do not import any spares for this toys separately. Keep in mind that these toys are repairable. You can get hold of a triangular shaped screw driver in the market.

Before trying to open anything, please try it with a new set of Alkaline batteries or Rechargeable NiMh batteries. Symptoms you tell are might be due to the lack of juice in the batteries too.

gMano-->I have some problem with the car(RC3129).,When i steer right or left and give throttle, the car refuses to move forward and eventually it halts.,but when the the wheels are straight, the car is moving with full speed., Am i missing something here or is it some kind of defect.?

gmano said:
@Sudarshan, From your post, I understand that it was running good and then after banging it in the wall its not running properly. In that case, something may have misaligned inside. As its a DIY car, please open the car and try to figure out the problem, I am sure you will be able to correct. It has been more than two weeks now since I got the cars from importers, if I take it to them now do you think they will accept the return? (also you say that paint chipped due to banging). Replacing the parts from them is out of question as they do not import any spares for this toys separately. Keep in mind that these toys are repairable. You can get hold of a triangular shaped screw driver in the market.

Before trying to open anything, please try it with a new set of Alkaline batteries or Rechargeable NiMh batteries. Symptoms you tell are might be due to the lack of juice in the batteries too.
OK. I didn't expected to get it replaced either. Was just trying my luck.

As car runs in between, it's repairable. I can do it.

Gear and motor assembly is fine as I have redone it 3 times. Have to look at internals. From the problem, it looks like weak solder joint. Have to check.

Karthikeyan29 said:
gMano-->I have some problem with the car(RC3129).,When i steer right or left and give throttle, the car refuses to move forward and eventually it halts.,but when the the wheels are straight, the car is moving with full speed., Am i missing something here or is it some kind of defect.?
When throttling ahead and turning at the same time there is more juice needed from the batteries since its making use of 2 motors. Whereas when only going forward its just one and hence it sails through smoothly. I suggest u change the batteries and check the same.

this is weird coz i made my car jump from like 20 flights of stairs around 3-5 times...and its still working great! :D

UPDATE:
Following items are in stock with them again. I will complete the GO only for those already posted interest.
If others are interested, I would like you guys help in executing the GO. (Someone should organize the thread, collect money and give it to me, I will handle the rest of things.)

Please do not send Personal Messages to me.

Helicopters:

9051A| Helicopter 3 ch w Gyroscope
9053 |Helicopter 3 ch w Gyroscope
9098 | Mini 3 Ch Heli w Gyro

RC Scale Models / Die-cast Models (1:43) :

Items | DESCRIPTION
35200 | 1/24 GTR
34200 | 1:24 Merc CL63 AMG
30700 | 1/24 AUDI TT
38800 | 1:24 Nissan 370Z
26300 | 1/24 LAMBORGHINI
27300 | 1/24 AUDI Q7
31700 | 1/24 BMW X6
21200 | 1:18 Merc M-Class
30900 | 1/24 LEXUS IS 350
35700 | 1:24 Toyota Camry
26400 | 1/14 LAMBORGHINI
28200 | 1:14 Range Rover Sport
31400 | 1/14 BMW X6
21000 | 1:14 Merc M-Class
27400 | 1/14 AUDI Q7
31200 | 1/14 HONDA
35800 | 1:14 Toyota Camry
34600 | 1:40 Lambo
34900 | 1:43 Reventon
36600 | 1:43 Range Rover Sport
37700 | 1:43 Honda Accord
35600 | 1: 43 Nissan 350Z
34300 | 1:43 Merc CL 63 AMG
37300 | 1:43 Mini Clubman
33700 | 1:43 BMW X6
37600 | 1:43 BMW 7 series
35100 | 1:43 Nissan GTR
37200 | 1:43 SLK 55 AMG
37500 | 1:43 BMW 5 series

:yahoo: Car is live again.
Repaired it. As I guessed, it was a weak solder joint(Joint connection batteries to PCB).

At first, problem was with opening the car, as it has got triangular screws. Got hold of a pointed screwdriver and filed it to traingular shape. :p
After that, a weak solder joint won't hide from my eyes.:p

Sudarshan_SMD said:
:yahoo: Car is live again.

Repaired it. As I guessed, it was a weak solder joint(Joint connection batteries to PCB).

At first, problem was with opening the car, as it has got triangular screws. Got hold of a pointed screwdriver and filed it to traingular shape. :p

After that, a weak solder joint won't hide from my eyes.:p

Happy to know that you are able to correct the problem :D

So post some action videos now :p

@Giridegr8, I am not sure what are all the available colors, will try to get whatever color you want (but can not gaurantee)

@sajitsm, the list posted in the post No. 311 are the available ones.

Whoever wanted the 9070 helicopter, may look at the 9098 model (same price). I am told that the 9098 is a better model than the 9070.

check the Die-cast model (1:43) pictures in the following link.

http://toys-hobbies.shop.ebay.com.m...=&_osacat=223&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

Anish said:
Sorry for the constant harassment bro, but what the pricing on the 9051 and 9053 like?

Thanks!
Anish, Pricing is already mentioned in the list posted in the first post. Also, 4 channel helicopters are not available as of now.

Hi,

I was interested in the helicopter for my nephew.....

But I am really confused between 3 channel & 2 channel..... what do they mean?? What are the differences??

Sorry, but I am really new to RC stuff..... I have always collected only die cast scale models.....

Thanx. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back