Reliance Jio Rollout

^ Well, the cable operator here in Bangalore has a leased line with Reliance and provides 10 Mbps - 100GB FUP @ 900.
As long as they provide a decent FUP - 100 ~ 200 GB with an above 20 Mbit international bandwidth, below 1.5K, I would be more than happy.

I
Speeds like 20mbps from ACT is available @1149 in Bangalore...
So I guess there is no way to expect 100GB FUP with 100mbps speeds for 1k range... It will be definitely more costly...
Don't just think about "Speed" even hathway provides 50mbps up 10Gb, for such limit 50mbps is meh.

ACT has the potential to provide 50mbps > 150Gb FUP and post FUP 2mbps for 1K right now, 100mbps would cost around Rs 1300.
Frankly Rcom can easily do 20mbps unlimited for 1k. Trust me its possible. ;)

Indians are being forced to think that High speeds are only possible in EU/US by TATA/AIRTEL/Reliance.

Last edited:
The fact that the website pulled the plan details is kinda disappointing (read worrying)
Plans mentioned were: -

The FIP Alpha: Will offer a Fiber to the Home (FTTH) connection with speeds up to 100Mbps and usage limit of 100GB per month. This plan has a recharge value of Re 1.

FIP Alpha with Wi-Fi and JioDrive: Worth Rs 4, which is essentially the above plan but with cloud storage, and a Wi-Fi hotspot device.

Jio Wi-Fi Start-up plan: Worth Rs 51, will offer 1GB data via Wi-Fi.

Jio Mobility Bundle (NTMore): Worth Rs 3,010/-, includes a Jio MiFi device and a Rs 500 recharge. Will offer 10GB of data.

Lastly, Jio MiFi Product (NTMore): Worth Rs 2,610, again offers a MiFi device and a Rs 100 Jio MiFi Start-up Plan will offer 1GB data along with Digital services.

These plans were on display on Jio’s preview website, which at the time of filing the story is not accessible.
We should also remind you that RCom could change the plans by the time it finally launches the service in India.

Reliance Industries has invested Rs 70,000 crore in 4G LTE high-Internet-speed services, including Rs 24,000 crore on airwaves. It currently owns spectrums in the 2300MHz band in all 22 circles for providing telecom services and 1800MHz band in 14 circles. They have recently been on a hiring spree, and have roped in former Google executives including Neeraj Bansal and Nikhil Rungta, as well as Rainer Deutschmann from Deutsche Telekom to head major product and service innovations. The company is also said to have hired nearly 3,000 people for retail and distribution operations.

Source

relevant - http://telecomtalk.info/reliance-jio-internet-plans-at-rs1/126711/
http://trak.in/tags/business/2014/12/08/reliance-jio-jiofiber-free-broadband-internet/

Last edited:
Don't just think about "Speed" even hathway provides 50mbps up 10Gb, for such limit 50mbps is meh.

ACT has the potential to provide 50mbps > 150Gb FUP and post FUP 2mbps for 1K right now, 100mbps would cost around Rs 1300.
Frankly Rcom can easily do 20mbps unlimited for 1k. Trust me its possible. ;)

Indians are being forced to think that High speeds are only possible in EU/US by TATA/AIRTEL/Reliance.

If they give 20mbps unlimited for 1k in India... That would be some dream come true...
But connection quality also matters like pings as they are more important than the speed for online gaming (Batllefield 3 for eg)....

After looking at this, i doubt their plans would be anywhere close to Beam's.

Hcn6wJ3.jpg

Pic Credit: Trak.in

I wish April Comes Soon.

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd has received security clearance to start 4G technology-based broadband services in six circles, but with riders.

The DoT has granted RJio permission to start data services in Kolkata, Karnataka, Bihar, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The operator’s demonstration of Lawful Intercept and Monitoring (LIM) system in these circles was found to be adequate, though there were some concerns, sources close to the development told BusinessLine.

Source

So are these Six States to get 4G services first?

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd has received security clearance to start 4G technology-based broadband services in six circles, but with riders.

The DoT has granted RJio permission to start data services in Kolkata, Karnataka, Bihar, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat. The operator’s demonstration of Lawful Intercept and Monitoring (LIM) system in these circles was found to be adequate, though there were some concerns, sources close to the development told BusinessLine.

Source

So are these Six States to get 4G services first?

I doubt that. The factory beside my residence recently received a Reliance tower last month.

I'm from Mumbai, mulund west.

In Mumbai too Reliance Jio has started. My Society where my dad is a Chairman received the offer by Reliance Executive to Install This Plan and we will get 3 months free. They also stated that Speed will be 100mbps for 100GB for a month and renewed every month. I felt the plan is not worth it as 100GB is too less. Plus Reliance Broadband gives 4mbps plan True unlimited for 1100 pm. I have asked them for unlimited plan but it seems they dont have one. All the plans will be with FUP.

In Mumbai too Reliance Jio has started. My Society where my dad is a Chairman received the offer by Reliance Executive to Install This Plan and we will get 3 months free. They also stated that Speed will be 100mbps for 100GB for a month and renewed every month. I felt the plan is not worth it as 100GB is too less. Plus Reliance Broadband gives 4mbps plan True unlimited for 1100 pm. I have asked them for unlimited plan but it seems they dont have one. All the plans will be with FUP.

Did they mention anything regarding the pricing?

No But he gave me a rough prices. And he also mentioned that Reliance jio official website had the prices but then they removed it

Very patchy details tbh.

1) What is the rough prices mentioned by reliance guy? Any info on recharge rates?
2) Which modem/router has been supplied? Brand/model etc..
3) What is the pattern under which Jio Infocomm is offering this promo/trial scheme? How did your area got selected for the trial service?
4) Residential sectors around your got same benefits or do they have to apply for it?

I read somewhere they're using Alcatel-Lucent CPE's. It is really fascinating that few members are saying they saw an Jio Connection but Fail to take pics. Don't feed the trolls.
42px-Troll01.png

I read somewhere they're using Alcatel-Lucent CPE's. It is really fascinating that few members are saying they saw an Jio Connection but Fail to take pics. Don't feed the trolls.
42px-Troll01.png
Started as in Offer started The plan will start from January 2015. Though the box and everything will be installed Today itself.

^ please upload few pics man, will be helpful in figuring out many things. Pliss.
I wont be able to upload pics as i have not installed it in my society yet. The offer still stands but i told my dad that this is not worth it even if 100mbps speed due to FUP. So i dont have any pics. Just giving info about what to expect.

Very patchy details tbh.

1) What is the rough prices mentioned by reliance guy? Any info on recharge rates?
2) Which modem/router has been supplied? Brand/model etc..
3) What is the pattern under which Jio Infocomm is offering this promo/trial scheme? How did your area got selected for the trial service?
4) Residential sectors around your got same benefits or do they have to apply for it?

The prices are not fixed but he said to be around 800 (Approx, not fixed) for very basic one which is 100mbps for 100gb. Model No. of Modem and everything not yet disclosed to the Executive so he couldnt answer. But he did tell me that he will install a switch which will spread to flats. Dont know which brand. Currently In my area (Juhu) many societies around me have "accepted the scheme" as claimed by the executive. He said contract is also signed. And all the Society got the same scheme.

Back