Reliance Jio Rollout

I wont be able to upload pics as i have not installed it in my society yet. The offer still stands but i told my dad that this is not worth it even if 100mbps speed due to FUP. So i dont have any pics. Just giving info about what to expect.

y not worth it? people like me who do not use more than 50-60 GB average per month can definitely go for it :D
Also I do not see any competition at that price... :p

y not worth it? people like me who do not use more than 50-60 GB average per month can definitely go for it :D
Also I do not see any competition at that price... :p
See the usage depends on Person to Person. If you are a heavy downloader then this plan is like the worst for you. If you just surf then it is very good for you. I am a Heavy Downloader as well as play XBOX/PSN/PC Games online so I need very fast internet. I download around 80 GB in 10 days including gaming. So you can imagine how it is when it comes to me. I currently use 7Star Internet. And it is costly. I am using 1mbps unlimited no FUP. And my rentals is 13000 for 12m. Which is totally unacceptable as there is too many disconnections i am facing since 1 year. Every 12 hours they reset my IP so my net stops. I am using Belkin N750DB and i have to restart router for net to work. Then again sometimes it works sometimes I have to restart again. The speed also fluctuates. So i called 7star support and asked them to send the staff to check. And that staff says my router is not working change it. Whereas this router was only 2 years old and works great. But now i am not sure maybe want to listen to the staff guy and buy a new router ;p though I feel Reliance Broadband Thunder 1099 plan is the best. 4mbps Unlimited no FUP. Heard good reviews too from this forum. But i called them thrice and they still havent responded. I was telling dad to install broadband in the society instead of Jio. Will get good discounts too as part of Promotional Scheme. But Reliance never calls. Maybe they are not interested.[DOUBLEPOST=1419524943][/DOUBLEPOST]
@djanuj

PM me the number/mail for that executive?
Will get in touch with him>>concerned person and will ask for my area's ETA for that trial scheme.
Give me more time it seems my dad cannot find that contract. LOL Will let you know once I get it

See the usage depends on Person to Person. If you are a heavy downloader then this plan is like the worst for you. If you just surf then it is very good for you. I am a Heavy Downloader as well as play XBOX/PSN/PC Games online so I need very fast internet. I download around 80 GB in 10 days including gaming. So you can imagine how it is when it comes to me. I currently use 7Star Internet. And it is costly. I am using 1mbps unlimited no FUP. And my rentals is 13000 for 12m. Which is totally unacceptable as there is too many disconnections i am facing since 1 year. Every 12 hours they reset my IP so my net stops. I am using Belkin N750DB and i have to restart router for net to work. Then again sometimes it works sometimes I have to restart again. The speed also fluctuates. So i called 7star support and asked them to send the staff to check. And that staff says my router is not working change it. Whereas this router was only 2 years old and works great. But now i am not sure maybe want to listen to the staff guy and buy a new router ;p though I feel Reliance Broadband Thunder 1099 plan is the best. 4mbps Unlimited no FUP. Heard good reviews too from this forum. But i called them thrice and they still havent responded. I was telling dad to install broadband in the society instead of Jio. Will get good discounts too as part of Promotional Scheme. But Reliance never calls. Maybe they are not interested.

Hmm... that plan sucks... no other options in your area? which city do you stay?
Reliance thunder plans are good with respect to FUP.... but when it comes to gaming, the latency wont be good... Only during weekdays, you can enjoy the full speed of whichever plan you opt for... During weekends the speed will be pathetic... I use reliance 2mbps plan... During weekends i will get speeds like 200kbps only... latency would be 1500-1600ms... pathetic... :banghead:
I took reliance 4mbps initially around 9-10 months back and faced severe problems during online gaming (Battlefield and FIFA)... After that downgraded the reliance one to 2mbps plan... Then decided to go for ACT 20mbps 50gb FUP @ 1149....
Right now using reliance for downloads and ACT for youtube and gaming... But my usage dont exceed 50-60gb on average per month... But I guess PS games would consume more bandwidth, i'm not sure....
But for me 100gb @ 100mbps for 1k means no more double internet connections... :)

Hmm... that plan sucks... no other options in your area? which city do you stay?
Reliance thunder plans are good with respect to FUP.... but when it comes to gaming, the latency wont be good... Only during weekdays, you can enjoy the full speed of whichever plan you opt for... During weekends the speed will be pathetic... I use reliance 2mbps plan... During weekends i will get speeds like 200kbps only... latency would be 1500-1600ms... pathetic... :banghead:
I took reliance 4mbps initially around 9-10 months back and faced severe problems during online gaming (Battlefield and FIFA)... After that downgraded the reliance one to 2mbps plan... Then decided to go for ACT 20mbps 50gb FUP @ 1149....
Right now using reliance for downloads and ACT for youtube and gaming... But my usage dont exceed 50-60gb on average per month... But I guess PS games would consume more bandwidth, i'm not sure....
But for me 100gb @ 100mbps for 1k means no more double internet connections... :)
I live in Mumbai (Juhu) and currently only Reliance Broadband, 7 Star (Local Broadband) is available. Others are too expensive. Even compared to 7 Star. But that doesnt mean 7 Star is Cheap. It is expensive. But its ok. I can play online with 1mbps on PSN XBL & PC. Though it Lags but you cant do anything about it. Also Reliance Broadband Thunder 1099 will give me 4mbps speed and ping will not be bad as one of the data centre for Reliance is in juhu only so the transmission is not far. I assume it is in juhu as Reliance CC told me this. Still waiting for them to call. Also my dad finally paid for Reliance Jio. So Lets try for 3 months then will think to continue or not. In my society mostly people dont care about speed. So could not convince them to not go with Jio. So now lets see. ACT and other net provider not in mumbai. You Broadband sucks. Hathway not feasable in my area. And MTNL sucked when i took their plan 2 years back.

In Aundh, Pune, I saw lots of digging done on side of road and supposedly fiber optic cables were being laid.
Reliance Jio was written there along with "sorry for inconvenience" board.

Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL), the telecom unit of Mukesh Ambani’s Reliance Industries, is likely to launch its services on January 26th.

According to senior level sources in RJIL, the company will start services in Kolkata, Karnataka, Bihar, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh and Gujarat circles by end of this month or on the occasion of Republic day of India.
http://www.voicendata.com/rjil-start-services-republic-day/

Another Rumor. I hope this is true.

Reliance Jio Media applies for pan-India license
Reliance Jio Media, a subsidiary of Reliance Jio Infocomm, has applied for a pan India cable television multi system operator (MSO) license as part of its step to enter the broadcast distribution sector.
Following the recent extension in date for registration of MSOs for phase III, the official said it was expected that this number may go up by another 70-80 MSO applicants.
At least 50 per cent of these applicants including Reliance Jio are expected to get clearances by March 2015.
http://www.indiantelevision.com/reg...0-others-in-queue-for-phase-iii-of-das-150114

This will be interesting now. Jio will be an MSO. Whoooh!

So what services exactly Jio is going to bring? Wired broadband? Wireless?
And any chances of connectivity to rural areas or 3-tier towns?

WIreless 4G > 99% rollout in Metros/Top 50 cities within June-2015
Wired FTTH > Gated Socities or townships are likely to get it first, No ETA.
Wifi > Chances of finding it is pretty much good in metro's again.

No info on Rural yet.

Last edited:
Guys, is there any official website for Reliance JIO? I've seen pipes and cables laid in front of my place so does it mean that we will be having Broadband connection service from Reliance in our city.

Guys, is there any official website for Reliance JIO? I've seen pipes and cables laid in front of my place so does it mean that we will be having Broadband connection service from Reliance in our city.
Those cables are mostly going to be used for Towers/Wifi setup. Wired broadband rollout will take a lot of time according to one guy who were pulling cables near my home. I don't expect them to come to me offering FTTH anywhere soon even after 18 months of official launch.

Back