Reliance Jio Rollout

Any news regarding the launch of jio or when the unlimited offer will end. I am waiting for my BB billing cycle to end before pulling the trigger for Flame 2

My youtube has been running really patchy ever since I got the connection (last 5-6 days) although download speeds are in excess of 30Mbps. Tried lodging a complaint with the support but they had just one answer that youtube is a 3rd party thing and they can't help ! :-/

This is not an issue with throttling. I have used in excess of 60GB and no issues with Youtube or any site. Torrents, yes, could not get from day one.

Use the word "Throttling" here. Have you tried using Youtube at other locations? Where are you from?
service providers dont throttle youtube. they throttle torrents for obvious reasons. As the youtube video is not going to "stay" with you, it does not make sense to throttle it, and they know that it affects the user experience. However no body will complain about a torrent which is a hour late in completing since nobody watches it real time.

@Vivek, I download torrents on mobile, have seen speeds upto 1 MBps and we are a pretty heavily concentrated site here, Did you check with popular torrents with many seeders?

I am getting 4 MBPS download speed in good seeded torrent using utorrent client & 7.5 MBPS in direct download through IDM.
i.e. in torrent 4*8=32 MBPS & 7.5*8= 60MBPS in direct download
i am able to download 1.GB file in approx 2.5 Min.
its all in morning time 4:00AM to 7:00AM.
i am using it through mobile usb tethering (FLAME-6) direct in PC
i have R7000 router also, flashed with merlin But usb tethering via router is not going beyond 2.5MBPS so using directly.

I'
Use the word "Throttling" here. Have you tried using Youtube at other locations? Where are you from?
I'm using this in Jharkhand, Deoghar currently. I've downloaded a lot of stuff and torrents are going on unrestricted but video streaming for everything is affected including Jio's own service. Nothing above 480p plays any good, rather just hangs until error.

I am getting 4 MBPS download speed in good seeded torrent using utorrent client & 7.5 MBPS in direct download through IDM.
i.e. in torrent 4*8=32 MBPS & 7.5*8= 60MBPS in direct download
i am able to download 1.GB file in approx 2.5 Min.
its all in morning time 4:00AM to 7:00AM.
i am using it through mobile usb tethering (FLAME-6) direct in PC
i have R7000 router also, flashed with merlin But usb tethering via router is not going beyond 2.5MBPS so using directly.
Try the USB 3 port, the front one, try a different cable. Might still not work cause the phone is limited at USB 2 speeds. Another thing to check would be if you have Wifi AC on the laptop and connect via the 5ghz band access point. It might still not work but these are just some options.

service providers dont throttle youtube. they throttle torrents for obvious reasons. As the youtube video is not going to "stay" with you, it does not make sense to throttle it, and they know that it affects the user experience. However no body will complain about a torrent which is a hour late in completing since nobody watches it real time.

@Vivek, I download torrents on mobile, have seen speeds upto 1 MBps and we are a pretty heavily concentrated site here, Did you check with popular torrents with many seeders?

Well, yes, I could not download CentOS Server. :p

Now torrents are open I heard.

Any one else try with r7000 ? Using xwrt-vortex. And how long will the charge on phone hold. Will it be OK if I keep the phone always on charger?

I am using Mikrotik Router with Jio. I have configured PPPoE as well as I have configured VPN client with different PPPoE users, some users with VPN configuration and some without any rerouting. Also, I have limited bandwidth to some users so I don't feel speed issue while watching Netflix with VPN on American account. My average speed is around 50 Mbps.

I am using Mikrotik Router with Jio. I have configured PPPoE as well as I have configured VPN client with different PPPoE users, some users with VPN configuration and some without any rerouting. Also, I have limited bandwidth to some users so I don't feel speed issue while watching Netflix with VPN on American account. My average speed is around 50 Mbps.
mikrotik router model # ?

Back