Reliance Jio Rollout

I am using Unlocked Idea 4G dongle in small windows 7 PC (using as a server) and i have share that internet connection to router.

Last edited:
I am using Mikrotik Router with Jio. I have configured PPPoE as well as I have configured VPN client with different PPPoE users, some users with VPN configuration and some without any rerouting. Also, I have limited bandwidth to some users so I don't feel speed issue while watching Netflix with VPN on American account. My average speed is around 50 Mbps.

Are you getting a IPv6 address with the Microtik. I need this feature, but have not had time to experiment with OpenWRT.

EDIT : Just saw that you are using on Windows 7. :banghead:

IPv6 is crappy in Jio. I am using router OS with Microtik as I feel it better than OpenWRT. When I connect Jio to my server I am getting IPv6 but I only pass IPv4 further due to which I get constant internet connection with zero downtime.

Things I have used
1. Express VPN
2. 3 years Netflix Ultra HD account from eBay @ $50
3. Unlocked Idea Dongle
4. Microatx PC as server
5. Microtik RB 450G router
6. A WiFi router of your choice
7. Jio unlimited plan with incoming calls diverted to my primary number.

I am trying with find a Dongle which have additional band 5. Jio is very strong with all three bands in my area.

Got it up and running on r7000 on usb 3.0 port as the primary connection. has downloaded around 28gb overnite, using torrent built in with the xwrt.

Think official launch to public is expected sometime soon. Saw lot of large JIO Display boards to mobile outlets being transported in my area.

ok now i need some help. Yesterday i had plugged the phone as USB modem and it was running fine, I had disabled dual wan just to run the phone. now i want jio as primary and my airtel as secondary.
It connects fine thru secondary , but primary remains disconnected.
what do i do now

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 174
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    72.6 KB · Views: 160
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Only for Indian official Samsung phones, won't generated code on imported Samsung phones. :(.
If any one willing to share the invite, then I am in que... :)

Only for Indian official Samsung phones, won't generated code on imported Samsung phones. :(.
code will be locked to handset, i dont think you can generate code on one handset and use sim on a diff samsung mobile

Samsung india was quite clever here. 'A' series are doing bad from what i know because of exorbitant pricing and its kinda bonus for the flagship buyers S6 & S7. :D
They'd gain more sales as people hate buying LYF over reasons like poor aftersales and shody everyday experience.

... and this... I hate Spam!

0odnjq7.png

Last edited:
Samsung india was quite clever here. 'A' series are doing bad from what i know because of exorbitant pricing and its kinda bonus for the flagship buyers S6 & S7. :D
They'd gain more sales as people hate buying LYF over reasons like poor aftersales and shody everyday experience.

Shody does not even cover it. Its like dowright crap. OK if you dont use anything else!

Collected the Jio SIM. It was pretty simple and just took 30 min.

Generated the code in Jio APP
visited digital express store and provided the documents
Updated the CAF and SIM was handed over.

The executive promised me the SIM will get activated in 1 hour. Anxiously waiting for the JIO experience.

Collected the Jio SIM. It was pretty simple and just took 30 min.

Generated the code in Jio APP
visited digital express store and provided the documents
Updated the CAF and SIM was handed over.

The executive promised me the SIM will get activated in 1 hour. Anxiously waiting for the JIO experience.
Can you please check whether JIO SIM from samsung offer works on any other device . Other Samsung and other brand mobiles

Back