Reliance Jio Rollout

Agree, observing slow speeds since afternoon. I guess its sudden increase in customer base, could be the pre-plan to check the same but prior to that they gave us free stuff that we won`b be complaining much about.

Lyf phones are brought before all the code thing meaning most of people have brought atleast 1.5 months earlier. All code user got it free so nobodu would even care to complain, leaves Jio fi people - the only thing I observed is they are in band 40, might be on different bands that cell phone uses.

These are just my thoughts based on experince using all above 3 with me ;)
I don't think Jio takes complaints seriously. I complained to Jio care regarding slow speeds and their solution is clear phone cache, cookies etc. I used netvelocity and Jio speed app to provide feedback about poor coverage and speed but not a thing has improved. I also complained on lyf care about the slow charging and battery drain while charging issue with flame 8 but again their solution is close background apps and visit a service center.

Lyf phones are brought before all the code thing meaning most of people have brought atleast 1.5 months earlier. All code user got it free so nobodu would even care to complain, leaves Jio fi people - the only thing I observed is they are in band 40, might be on different bands that cell phone uses.

The Jio-Fi device supports Band 3, Band 5 and Band 40.
The speed issue is no data transfer even if device is online is evident here in Pune also .... majorly since yesterday.

I have been having weird issues on Jio for the past few days.

1) Youtube playback on android devices doesnt work 50% of the time. Works fine on the firefox browser. And works fine PC almost all the time.

2) Playstore on my Galaxy Note 3 doesnt work while connected to Jio. Works fine on other devices, and also on Note 3 when connected to any other network.

3) Today morning, only whatsapp was working, no other site was responsive. Was like that for a while, just started working.

I am using flame 1 as hotspot btw.[DOUBLEPOST=1472099158][/DOUBLEPOST]I must add, I do get very good speeds at home almost all the time.

I don't think Jio takes complaints seriously. I complained to Jio care regarding slow speeds and their solution is clear phone cache, cookies etc. I used netvelocity and Jio speed app to provide feedback about poor coverage and speed but not a thing has improved. I also complained on lyf care about the slow charging and battery drain while charging issue with flame 8 but again their solution is close background apps and visit a service center.

I wouldn`t even bother to make a complaint at such times, will be waste of time for sure.

Getting a free JIO sim has become a daunting task. I have generated the code and whenever i visit the store, usually at evening, they ask me to come next day at 1 pm. They seem to start distributing form (around 300) at 1 pm and will get exhausted in 5 min or so and that too one need to stand in queue. I would just let it pass i guess
Seems office goers are out of luck !!!

I don't think Jio takes complaints seriously. I complained to Jio care regarding slow speeds and their solution is clear phone cache, cookies etc. I used netvelocity and Jio speed app to provide feedback about poor coverage and speed but not a thing has improved.
Test phase. They collect the data, actions might be taken during the test phase based on the priority of the issues.
I also complained on lyf care about the slow charging and battery drain while charging issue with flame 8 but again their solution is close background apps and visit a service center.
Well I guess thats a fair enough reply. They cant fix the mobile over call and can only suggest you so much I beleive.

WhatsApp Image 2016-08-25 at 3.28.31 PM.jpeg

I have been using Jio SIM on Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 and the speed is always around 10 Mbps. I have seen others showing me 40 to 50 Mbps. Really Puzzled is there any setting in the phone which I am not aware to achieve the speeds?

I too have always had a max speed of 10mbps even when I keep my phone on the window sill for better reception . Also I find the Jio join software unreliable and has frequent disconnects as I do not have a volte phone (redmi note 4g) .

Well I guess thats a fair enough reply. They cant fix the mobile over call and can only suggest you so much I beleive.
I contacted them via chat and explained that the flame 1 had the same issue but that was fixed with a software update and provided them this link https://broadbandforum.co/threads/lyf-smartphones-slow-charging-problem.117647/. I asked them to pass my feedback to the software team so they can look into the issue but they totally ignored my replies and directed me to visit the service center. I wasn't expecting them to fix my mobile over call or chat but why they can't pass a simple feedback ?

I contacted them via chat and explained that the flame 1 had the same issue but that was fixed with a software update and provided them this link https://broadbandforum.co/threads/lyf-smartphones-slow-charging-problem.117647/. I asked them to pass my feedback to the software team so they can look into the issue but they totally ignored my replies and directed me to visit the service center. I wasn't expecting them to fix my mobile over call or chat but why they can't pass a simple feedback ?
They as in Jio customer care or Lyf services? Do you think they bother for third party links? Feedbacks are accounted for the service they offer but not based on a chat and your findings. You must visit a service center if you are not trained to treating your own wound (clearly you couldnt fix it yourself). Whats harm in going to a customer service center? I dont think your feedback would fix the issue for you.

They as in Jio customer care or Lyf services? Do you think they bother for third party links? Feedbacks are accounted for the service they offer but not based on a chat and your findings. You must visit a service center if you are not trained to treating your own wound (clearly you couldnt fix it yourself). Whats harm in going to a customer service center? I dont think your feedback would fix the issue for you.
I was talking about LYF care. I tried different chargers, greenified every running apps, wiped the phone from recovery to fix the problem but nothing helped. Then I did some research and came to know that the issue is with the kernel, the kernel limits the charging current to only 200-400 ma. I did visit a service center after the chat but they only flashed the stock rom again which didn't fix anything. I didn't bother to visit the service center a second time because I live in a rural area and the service center is 70 Kms away from my location. Anyway LYF phones are infamous for their half backed software.

I was talking about LYF care. I tried different chargers, greenified every running apps, wiped the phone from recovery to fix the problem but nothing helped. Then I did some research and came to know that the issue is with the kernel, the kernel limits the charging current to only 200-400 ma. I did visit a service center after the chat but they only flashed the stock rom again which didn't fix anything. I didn't bother to visit the service center a second time because I live in a rural area and the service center is 70 Kms away from my location. Anyway LYF phones are infamous for their half backed software.
That not so encouraging. Check for some custom roms and kernels. Get acquainted to rooting and flashing and then probably flash your device. This will solve the problem but do read a lot about flashing before trying anything out. xdadevelopers forum is the right place to go.

I have been using Jio SIM on Samsung Galaxy Edge 7 and the speed is always around 10 Mbps. I have seen others showing me 40 to 50 Mbps. Really Puzzled is there any setting in the phone which I am not aware to achieve the speeds?
Because those speed aren't available anymore due to network congestion. Around 1.5 months ago I used to use my friends jio Sim and used to get. 50mbps speed on my phone, by the time I got my own Sim 1 month ago the speeds fell to 30-40 now there are so many users that you just can't get above 10 mbps these days. The speed has gone to the dogs. I am getting 6 mbps now which technically cannot be qualified to be called 4G but since my sim along with everyone else's is free we are not complaining

Back