Reliance Jio Rollout

I am a bit more hopeful about the FTTH launch coming early (relatively ie)

Reliance Jio has invested heavily in the 4G technology, and they are really not helping themselves with the delayed roll out. Even now, it is a 'soft' launch, and the full fledged thing will be only after 3-6 months. By this time, other telcos will have their own schemes and 4G up and running. Not to mention, the offers will increase as Reliance Jio gains momentum.

Mota bhai seems to be betting big on his 4G drive, and if this fails to capture the user base as they been bullish about, they ll have to roll out FTTH quickly if they want to absorb the hit. With so much dilly dallying, they wont get that many users now imo. They wont be able to increase the tarriffs as that ll be the death knell. So FTTH should come up earlier than we been speculating about.

well like FTTH is right now in feasibility mode where we are checking with ground infrastructure & satellite imagery , you all have to also consider all hiccups we get duing lying of fiber .It will happen but not soft , full fledged & expect features of Fios .

@Pat, the app of live stream is Jio Play .

Image1459532458.192966.jpg

Got some carrier update 10 minutes ago. Jio now changed to JioLife and speed test at same place now average is 10 Mbps where I was getting 5 mbps. I think they started patching network for speed.

Last edited:
Got some carrier update 10 minutes ago. Jio now changed to JioLife and speed test at same place now average is 10 Mbps where I was getting 5 mbps. I think they started patching network for speed.
Have you tried gaming on it? Its gonna suck but I'd like to know the actual in-game latency.

Well as per my analysis jio gives me different experience on iphone and Samsung. Samsung I was able to reach upto 49 Mbps and iPhone max 20mbps. Samsung latching with jio is good due to their custom modem. Will try gaming and post the experience.

Back