Reliance offering 4mbps Unlimited without FUP for 1100?

@zibalingz @haris5sani
thanks a lot

and regarding slow DNS,why cant you guys switch to google DNS permanently.

Edit : ok so someone mentioned you need to use reliance DNS to login,is that so?
still i cant understand why DNS would come into picture for this,can't you guys just get the ip address of the login page and use that ip address to fetch login page instead of using a url and depending on Reliance DNS to resolve it.

@onlyravi
Try putting in an email to them; it worked faster for me though to get a response from them;
Its as follows
Code:
Phone: 1800 3000 7777 from any phone (Toll free)
022-3033 7777 from any phone.
Email: broadband@relianceada.com
[DOUBLEPOST=1365232398][/DOUBLEPOST]Mention your City & Location with PinCode; your contact number also. Mostly they will try to sell of their Wireless plans, but stick strongly with Wired Plans! Also gather info from other users as currently RCOM was having some problem in the City!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am shifting to my new flat on nagar road...
I currently have ICC internet but they charge too much. Rs1235 for 1mbps. I am in a dilemma whether to switch the connection and gamble for some other ISP or better stick to ICC and pay more.... they do have down times but its just for a couple of hours..... speed is good, pings are decent.....Can manage to play 1 youtube vdo at 320kbps.
I'm assuming you're from Pune. DON'T OPT FOR RELIANCE AT ANY COST. Mark my words: You'll regret if you opt for Reliance broadband in Pune. There's 40%-50% packet loss all the time and I barely get 50 Kbps on my 1 Mbps tariff plan. This is a city-wide issue since last 3 months and they're just not interested in resolving it.

My advice: Stick with ICC. Is the 2 hour downtime daily/weekly/monthly? Please ping www.google.com and inform me the average ping time. I'm most probably going to opt for ICC.

the avg ping time to google is any where been 60 to 80ms.
packet loss is almost zero.
but it is Tata bandwidth at the background and they have some strange issue with YouTube. even 360p vdos don't run smoothly half the time.
I had the exact same exp with Tikona which you have with rel. i think I'll avoid for now..... a year back rel. had refunded my deposit since they were not able to provide me a connection. did that thr was no port available for new cust.

Anyone from Rohini, Delhi using Reliance BB? If yes, what are your reviews, should I go for it?
I'm currently on MTNL Freedom 800 Night UL, thinking of switching to Thunder 699

Called reliance so many times up, they said they have service in my area, but they seem the least bit interested in giving me a connection.

So ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
I had called Reliance CC to enquire for a new connection on Friday. Yday I got two calls(I had given my office no so it went on voicemail) One was from a reliance sales guy and the other which came just after 20min was from a Tikona guy :)
These field sales guys share leads with each other..... Thats the reason I avoid giving my cell no now a days.
Looks for now sticking to ICC would be the best for my peace of mind.... I have had a lots of tension recently.... want the internet connection to be the last of it :)

When using the Reliance DNS server find the IP address of the domain they use for their login/authentication page. Then just add that to the hosts file and switch to Google DNS permanently.

http://blog.kowalczyk.info/article/10c/Local-DNS-modifications-on-Windows-etchosts-equi.html

After the switch, you may need to access the login page directly always, the auto redirection may not work.
Thanks but I dont have any PC at home, 2 tablets(android based) & 3 smartphone(2 android & 1 WP).
All I use is my personal TP Link N150 wifi router for Internet !!
Now tell me what I can do for the DNS thing....

if your dont have any PC. Do 1 thing. add DNS entry manually into TP-LINK.
Primary : 8.8.8.8
Secondary : 124.124.5.140 (Reliance DNS server).
So this way if Primary wont able to lookup reliance page(obliviously it wont) it will try secondary dns.

So finally whats the decision on Reliance Thunder plans. Should we go for it or not.
Could see many people are facing issues with it.

Thread owner, please initiate a POLL for opting Reliance Thunder plan or not.
Planning to opt for one in next few months.

I know many are Facing Latency issues Down the North and West.

I'm Looking to kick Beam by the End of this month, Can Anyone confirm whether the same problem persists in south India?... to be Specific in Hyderabad?

Horrible FUP limits from Beam.. Kicking an user from 15mbps to 2mbps is horrible and I can't live that way. :mad:

I know many are Facing Latency issues Down the North and West.

I'm Looking to kick Beam by the End of this month, Can Anyone confirm whether the same problem persists in south India?... to be Specific in Hyderabad?

Horrible FUP limits from Beam.. Kicking an user from 15mbps to 2mbps is horrible and I can't live that way. :mad:

I am staying @ 2Mbps from the beggining of the month.:(
15Mbps... :woot:

How Much you pay for the 15Mbps plan and whats the FUP?

Back