Reliance Wimax connection

Wraith said:
The following is story of one of the most amazing stories of my life....

In the middle of last year I had been to the US for a few months so I had decided to terminate my reliance wimax connection (which i used during the day and at night i used the TATA 9-9 UL) but even after repeated calls prior to my departure to the US no 1 from reliance turned up to terminate the connection. I also sent them a few emails while i was in the US but nothing happened and utlimately the connection was terminated for non-payment. While all this was going on the TATA operator in my area decided to pack up his business and i lost the tata 9-9 ul connection too!! I didnt know of this until i tried to check my account status and found out that my user id was invalid but thats another story.
Coming back to reliance, after i came from the US i spend most of my time in Nasik so didnt really need a net connection in Mumbai, so i wasnt really worried. Now i am back in Mumbai for a while and i decided to get a new net connection. Tata was unavailable and the local cable operator quoted age old rates for a 512k connection. So i decided to go with reliance wimax the only option left. Sometime in the early part of Feb 2009 i applied for the connection and like before someone came to my place got the forms filled and too a cheque for the installation and first months rent (i opted for the 600k UL). After a slight delay i got my connection on the 23rd of Feb 2009 and ever since the first day it was a pain, extremely slow browsing, download speeds not crossing 30-35KB/sec, streaming video was impossible. I made regular complaints and they gave standard answer of everything will be alright in 24 hrs but almost a month went by and nothing happened. An engineer came home a couple of times but he couldnt fix anytthing. Apparently there was a base station problem in the area but that was soon rectified. But i coutinued to get pathetic speeds. Each time the guy would come check the anntena parameters which were always fine, do a couple of ping and download tests and email them to his seniors but still nothing.
Last friday that guy spent over 5 hrs in front of my laptop talking to his seniors or whoever and doing rubbish and still no result!!! But this is was nothing compared to what happened today. Today my connection isnt working at all (i am using a back up connection from my local cable op). I can login but nothing beyond that, so i called up the reliance cc and i was told that the cheque which i had given was returned by the bank!!!
Actually when i recieved the bill for the first month a few days back it showed at that i had to make a payment by 13th Apr, i found it strange and called up the reliance cc immediately as i had already given them a cheque for the 1st months bill and i was told that the bank had returned the cheque, i was totally suprised as it was next to impossible for that to happen. So i called up the bank asking for the status of the particular cheque and they said that the said cheque was unused! And i have no been charged any cheque reversal fee in my bank statements.
Bang today my connection isnt working and now comes the best part i arranged for this temp net connection from my cable op so that i could pay my bill online but reliance has messed that up there also! The email id which i had given them was mispelt by them so i cant register to pay my bill online as of now! But i saw another option wherein you just enter the user id and account no and you can login....i was happy but that i was short lived because it kept saying 'authentication failed', which i was told by the CC is because my account is suspended!!!!!!

So basically i am left with no reliance wimax connection and i cant pay my bill online either. So the only option to drop a cheque somewhere and pray!!

Edit : I when i asked if i could pay the bill by cash i was told that i need to enquire with the web world if they accept cash as not all web worlds accpet cash payments for wimax connections!!!
Basically i have to pray that i can make the payment somehow.....

What a ridiculous state of affairs in a city aspiring to one of the top in the world and a country aiming to become a super power....

Hope i didnt drag it too long....

You wont believe this.... what happened with me just yesterday is an exact carbon copy of the same. I got the connection installed, and thankfully im also getting the promised speed. But the issue was again the cheque...

I had given them a cheque of Rs. 2977 for the installation charges+one months fixed charge+taxes on 8th of May. Yesterday i saw that my account has not been deducted of that amount. I cross checked with reliance support, and they informed me that the cheque was rejected by the bank.

I cross checked with my bank for the reason, and they informed me that the cheque was never presented, and is still unused. I suspect that there is either of the following:

1) A major glitch in their billing system, or
2) A @$$h0l3 among the sales/billing team who's so lazy as to deposit the cheques, and claims that they were returned.

Anyway, the customer support team were a bunch of idiots, and didnt get me anywhere.... I think i'll just wait for my bill to come, upon which i'll make an immediate payment to avoid disruption of any services.

:S

@Wraith, the same was the case with me, only weirder. I never asked for a disconnection, but every month without fail since last 11 months, some random guys turns up at my house to collect the dish :)

Also regarding the slow speeds, write a mail to their tech department, and dont let them close the ticket. As per their process, the longer a ticket remains opened the priority to solve the issue increases.

This is what will happen, write a mail to the tech support, and they will send the usual moron engineer and nothing will happen. After he has left, reply to the same mail, and mention that the engineer had come but result was the same, and problem yet persists. And they will send another engineer repeat the process, and dont let them close the call. If you are lucky the problem should be solved in the 3rd or 4th loop, atleast that was the case with. Just write a detailed e-mail in points with the problems you are facing and keep topping it up with (Problem #1 unresolved etc...)

Calling the CC is gonna get you nowhere in this process, as everytime you call up a new trouble ticket will be generated.

Kind of similar issue I had to move to different place and hence opted for a shift of the Antennae, after repeated attempts was able to get them to the new place only to find that there is no signal there due to some tall buildings, so they took the Anntennae and left, they also told me to call up the CC and tell to terminate my acount

I promptly called up the CC and told them to terminate the account, they told me the billing department would get in touch regarding that, no calls from the Billing Dept. but the bills kept coming, I again called up and was informed that the closure request was closed because I wanted to keep the connection, I was WTF with what I was going to connect, I didn't have the Anntenae, I told them to again close my account, got a new complaint number, after some days still no go, just to check called up the CC and she told me that they hadn't closed my account, got a TL/Supervisor and explained that I was not going to F***ing pay the bill. After some weeks again received a call from them regarding Non Payment of the Bill, told her I will not be paying the bill, another few weeks called up the CC and told them the complete story passing from TL/Supervior and then asked for the Nodal Manager as I had enough of it, got someone nice who informed that he checked and that since I did not have the equipment they would refund that and then he wouldbe sending teh closure request to the billing dept., Later after 2 weeks received a call from the Billing Dept and they inquired if I wanted to close the account, Of course I wanted to ....
End of story to this date still receive the Bill in my email and sometimes random calls from the Billing dept regarding non payment of the bills, and have field day telling them to f*** off

Guys im getting Error 691: debugger terminated error, any solution available? yes i ahve searched google but came up with no viable solution. please do help. thanks.

When i press connect in the reliance net connect software. I've checked and rechecked the user/pass still no luck.

When trying with windows "Connect to" option, it dials 777 and when it comes to verifying username and password, it just says there is an error in your connection.

hope this helps.

Firstly sorry to say that you are posting in the wrong thread. 2ndly, tomorrow try to use your netconnect with a different pc if possible. Its saying debugger failed means there maybe some problem with your .net framework.

Back