Reliance Wimax connection

Wraith said:
I got my wimax connection today for the 2nd time...

using it on my laptop right now the connection seems to be working fine but i couldnt get an ip when the connection connected at 100mbps i had to change the lan connection to 10mbps to get an ip.
Also i cant manually configure/login using telnet @ 100mbps...

I know this doesnt make any difference at all to the actual connection but any idea why this is the case?
hi,

get ur wire re-crimped maybe the colour codes at the pc and the antena dont match, inbtw i am using @ 100mbps all ok can even telnet

Well its been a couple of days i have been using this connection and pretty slow!! I am on the 600Kbps unlimited plan but everything is a crawl.

Cant watch any video on youtube, downloads barely reach 40...

Any pointers for troubleshooting?

I called up a couple of times but they say that my account isnt registered yet...

as usual they take down contact details saying someone will get back within 24hrs but nothing so far....

@aces170 : what details do you get when you click on 'my plan' tab?

I am just getting current services with nothing else mentioned....

Wraith said:
Well its been a couple of days i have been using this connection and pretty slow!! I am on the 600Kbps unlimited plan but everything is a crawl.
Cant watch any video on youtube, downloads barely reach 40...

Any pointers for troubleshooting?
Yep do as Aces suggested. I am getting the same speeds as him on the 400K connection.

any reliance wimax users from bangalore ..

i am thinking of switching to reliance wimax after airtel's grand F-up ,

how good is the 600kbps UL plan ,

wat are avg dl/up speeds , pings to indian servers and singapur servers .. i get 50~ pings to indian servers on steam .. so if reliance pings are bad i wud rethink abt switching.

Ill need to bump this , the reliance guy came to my home and they are setting up a connection in my area , i ws thinking of switching , my only concern is that i read somewhere that it has mac id binding ? so can i use it with a WiFi router ?

Hi

Jus saw this thread...anyways to the point...

Reliance Wimax plan 600k ul

download and upload speeds of 80 t0 100k

if torrent had local DHT then i get 300k down depending on DHT and gateway of Reliance...

watching streaming stuff.....awesome...even youtube rocks....

can even telnet @ 100mbps on xp and vista both...no issues like mentioned on this thread...

calling cs makes no use sometimes....ask for the floor supervisor and make the complaint to them directly...

also chk ur signal for speeds....i get 28db....-61db.....27db....-61db....

chk by telnet...

vishalk said:
Hi

Jus saw this thread...anyways to the point...

Reliance Wimax plan 600k ul

download and upload speeds of 80 t0 100k

if torrent had local DHT then i get 300k down depending on DHT and gateway of Reliance...

watching streaming stuff.....awesome...even youtube rocks....

can even telnet @ 100mbps on xp and vista both...no issues like mentioned on this thread...

calling cs makes no use sometimes....ask for the floor supervisor and make the complaint to them directly...

also chk ur signal for speeds....i get 28db....-61db.....27db....-61db....

chk by telnet...

and wat abt caps and fup

Hey guys recently I have been hearing that Reliance is offering 400kbps UNL for 800Rs....Is this true??

There is no mention of it in their site....it still has the craptastic 300kbps 999 UNL plan.....Have the prices changed recently and not updated their site??

ceoshubham said:
Hey guys recently I have been hearing that Reliance is offering 400kbps UNL for 800Rs....Is this true??

There is no mention of it in their site....it still has the craptastic 300kbps 999 UNL plan.....Have the prices changed recently and not updated their site??

From whom did you hear this? I am on the 400kbps plan and I am paying Rs. 999 + taxes.

The following is story of one of the most amazing stories of my life....

In the middle of last year I had been to the US for a few months so I had decided to terminate my reliance wimax connection (which i used during the day and at night i used the TATA 9-9 UL) but even after repeated calls prior to my departure to the US no 1 from reliance turned up to terminate the connection. I also sent them a few emails while i was in the US but nothing happened and utlimately the connection was terminated for non-payment. While all this was going on the TATA operator in my area decided to pack up his business and i lost the tata 9-9 ul connection too!! I didnt know of this until i tried to check my account status and found out that my user id was invalid but thats another story.

Coming back to reliance, after i came from the US i spend most of my time in Nasik so didnt really need a net connection in Mumbai, so i wasnt really worried. Now i am back in Mumbai for a while and i decided to get a new net connection. Tata was unavailable and the local cable operator quoted age old rates for a 512k connection. So i decided to go with reliance wimax the only option left. Sometime in the early part of Feb 2009 i applied for the connection and like before someone came to my place got the forms filled and too a cheque for the installation and first months rent (i opted for the 600k UL). After a slight delay i got my connection on the 23rd of Feb 2009 and ever since the first day it was a pain, extremely slow browsing, download speeds not crossing 30-35KB/sec, streaming video was impossible. I made regular complaints and they gave standard answer of everything will be alright in 24 hrs but almost a month went by and nothing happened. An engineer came home a couple of times but he couldnt fix anytthing. Apparently there was a base station problem in the area but that was soon rectified. But i coutinued to get pathetic speeds. Each time the guy would come check the anntena parameters which were always fine, do a couple of ping and download tests and email them to his seniors but still nothing.

Last friday that guy spent over 5 hrs in front of my laptop talking to his seniors or whoever and doing rubbish and still no result!!! But this is was nothing compared to what happened today. Today my connection isnt working at all (i am using a back up connection from my local cable op). I can login but nothing beyond that, so i called up the reliance cc and i was told that the cheque which i had given was returned by the bank!!!

Actually when i recieved the bill for the first month a few days back it showed at that i had to make a payment by 13th Apr, i found it strange and called up the reliance cc immediately as i had already given them a cheque for the 1st months bill and i was told that the bank had returned the cheque, i was totally suprised as it was next to impossible for that to happen. So i called up the bank asking for the status of the particular cheque and they said that the said cheque was unused! And i have no been charged any cheque reversal fee in my bank statements.

Bang today my connection isnt working and now comes the best part i arranged for this temp net connection from my cable op so that i could pay my bill online but reliance has messed that up there also! The email id which i had given them was mispelt by them so i cant register to pay my bill online as of now! But i saw another option wherein you just enter the user id and account no and you can login....i was happy but that i was short lived because it kept saying 'authentication failed', which i was told by the CC is because my account is suspended!!!!!!

So basically i am left with no reliance wimax connection and i cant pay my bill online either. So the only option to drop a cheque somewhere and pray!!

Edit : I when i asked if i could pay the bill by cash i was told that i need to enquire with the web world if they accept cash as not all web worlds accpet cash payments for wimax connections!!!
Basically i have to pray that i can make the payment somehow.....

What a ridiculous state of affairs in a city aspiring to one of the top in the world and a country aiming to become a super power....

Hope i didnt drag it too long....

Hi,

Hi man, i feel sorry for what has happened with u. I, infact every month make my payment by cheque and what i do is, when i go to the r world near my office, i always take a xerox of the cheque and make the guy there sign on it b4 i put the cheque on the drop box, so that way i have a dup;icate and also a signature of the incharge there and also i have instructed my bank for a sms as soon as the cheque is realised...the best way coz these lame ppl at reliance dont even give u any receipt or acknowledgement for the payments we make and to be honest, i have taken this matter with their senior management and they always inform me that they will look into it....
yes, its a pity that in a country which aims at looking forward to ecunomic growth and stability but here we are, and we donot have acess to the most basic thing like the internet at an affordable price, thanks to the babus sitting in delhi making millions off our hard earned money paid as taxes....

I finally managed to pay my wimax bill online!!! yippe!!

I had asked the idiots at reliance to update my correct email address..so i called them up today to check if that was done. To my suprise i was told that the email has been updated and i was also given the random password generated to access the account.

But with reliance nothing comes easy..i tried entering the said password with my correct email id but it kept saying 'authentication failed' since this happened while i was on the phone with the cc i told him its not working and another complaint was launched.

Being frustrated with all this i decided to try my luck.... i created a new email account using the mispelt email id (mispelt by the idiots at reliance) and i was lucky that the email id was available. After creating the email id i tried to register on the reliance website and i was greeted with a msg saying 'account is already registered'. Then it struck me to use the randomly generated password along with this other email id and it worked!! I was so damm happy that i couldnt believe it and i finally paid my bill online.

Well the idiots at reliance did update my email id to the correct one but i guess they didnt do it completely since online access to my account is via the mispelt email id only.... Jai Ho Reliance...Jai Ho...

Well my connection still sucks!! browing is slower than dial up i think and downloading is a miracle....

I had called the cc n lodged numerous complaints...the engg comes and he cant figure out the problem...no 1 at reliance can seem to figure out the problem...

Any suggestions for what needs to be done?

hi,

firstly chk ur pings to ur gateway, secondly, have u tried flushing the dns? i guess u need to call the cc and tell them that ur browsing is slow and that even the reliance portal, ie, the login page is opening slow and make sure that u speak to the technical dept. if they refuse, ask for the floor supervisor and make sure they are informed of the issue by them and u also tell him/her everything..

Back