Reliance Wimax connection

So I called them up then. I told the person about the port blocking issue and someone called up an hour later to enquire. Here's the thing.....How do I explain to them blocked ports when they don't know what ports are! So, to keep things simple, I used stuff that they can relate to. I told them chat programs like Google Talk and MSN Messenger don't connect. I also told them I can't connect to games online. So the person who called up to enquire asked me which game and chat "sites" aren't connecting and then gave up...

So I've realized it would be best to explain the problem in detail through an e-mail that can be forwarded to the right people. Have done that and am waiting.....

11:05PM: Connection has been going on and off because of whatever they've been doing but now speeds are back to normal (300kbps) and most importantly, all ports have been unblocked. Sanity has been restored :p

Damm this wimax thing!!! now the speeds are back but i cant access gmail-gtalk , msn-hotmail , yahoo etc...

This is by far the crappiest connection i have come across!!....No wait the crappiest was Exatt....

Edit : speeds are down too.....just a plain frustating experience

I have taken a connection on 11 th April and I am facing huge problems..at first the Cinr was 27 and rssi -65...but D/L speed was only 10 kbps but it increased considerable in the night adn I had torrents working at 70 to 90 kbps for a150 kbps connection...

After somedays it reduced drastically to 4 to 5 kbps and D/l in browser reduced to 0 to 2 kbps and extremely erratic

The engineer came and checked cinr was reduced to 15 to 17 so he realigned to 20 but no improvement in speed

I have tried every trick in the trade to correct this problem

Guys from Reliance who say I have no good uplink so..somebody from high up is going to call on Friday or Saturday

My location is Tarwadi House

I was facing 100 % packet loss in troubleshooting session with Tech support

Surprisingly on thier laptop the speed is show as 4 to 5 kbps

Please help in ping screenshot-= http://www.imgx.org/public/view/full/7268

I tried to set the base station correct but I happened to turn the router to default factory so removed all frequency for base station...

I am stuck now.

I found the frequencies for the 4 BS in Mumbai

c1 3340000

c2 3337000

c3 3390000

I resynched my antennae and it is now roking for the start but lets see..how it goes along the day..Speed test shows 15 to 20 kbps for a 150 Kbps Connection..which is good

I am seriously fed up with connection!! i've never had it this bad before!!
yesterday the entire morning the thing wouldnt let me login saying authetication failed!!
And getting the IP is a big problem and i am sick of doing the /flushdns n /renew routines....
Also there is the problem of frequent disconnection and the lack of an auto login feature...

Looks like i'll be goin back the local cable op for a daytime connection and thank god for tata which has been very reliable for me...

Edit : as i was tying i got the limited or no connectivity!!

My connection was down for the last 3 days. Stopped getting IP address from 29th evening. Registered my complaint on 30th April afternoon. After 2 hours a guy calls from the technical dept. Asks me to do basic trouble shooting like flushdns, release, renew etc. Doesnt work. He tells me that he will forward my complaint to the server dept. and I will directly hear from them. But guess what? Nobody calls for 2 days during which I call their call centre numerous times. Get the same standard polite answers!

Today I find out that my antenna has been realigned at 7am! They must be having some James Bond type remote controlled gadgetry cause nobody has shown up at my place. They had falsely closed my complaint as being solved :mad: :mad: :mad:

Then I hear that entire Thane region was down. Finally after 4pm today I get connected to the net. And I get a call from the technical dept asking whether my problem was solved. I told the guy what had happened over the last 3 days and how my complaint was falsely shown as being solved. He said that he would report it to his seniors and call me back. Of course that is not going to happen!

yes reliance wimax is really good.
in all respects.

during its launching, it was real bad , but after 4 months things were real smooth and speeds were reliable 24H/7

go for wimax, make sure ur antenna is high in the air with no obstacles.

Hi,

I am using reliance wimax for last three days... during daytime the signals fluctuates to 12 - 13 for couple of hrs otherwise remains 21-23. download spped is 23KB quite gud......

Where to register for the online payment....I am at the post paid plan of UL 300KBps ???

Anuj said:
Hi,

I am using reliance wimax for last three days... during daytime the signals fluctuates to 12 - 13 for couple of hrs otherwise remains 21-23. download spped is 23KB quite gud......

Where to register for the online payment....I am at the post paid plan of UL 300KBps ???

to pay online. Register at Reliance Communications.

Top of the page. Right hand side.

@Reliance Wimax users from Kolkata

How good is Reliance Wimax ?
I am planning for new unlimited broadband connection.
Mainly I use internet for playing online games(MMOPRG &FPS).:eek:hyeah:
I can spent Rs.1K maximum for broadband.
Currently I'm using BSNL and it totally sucks.....:mad:
Thanks !

I & My Friend Had Applied For A New 400 kbps Connection On 23/01/09 But Till Date No One Has Shown up (i was promised a Connection within 7 working days)
When i Called up Vrushabh Network "91- 22 - 65151565" They say They Will Send Someone Thursday Now 2 Thursday's have Passed Like This. Is There Any Official Reliance Number I Can Try??? . Or I will Wait Till This Friday If Nothing happens Then I am personally going to Vrushabh Network Office and give them a peice of my mind.

I got my wimax connection today for the 2nd time...

using it on my laptop right now the connection seems to be working fine but i couldnt get an ip when the connection connected at 100mbps i had to change the lan connection to 10mbps to get an ip.

Also i cant manually configure/login using telnet @ 100mbps...

I know this doesnt make any difference at all to the actual connection but any idea why this is the case?

hi,

buying from Vrushabh Network is the biggest mistake which has been made. when i bought my connection i did the same mistake and i had to pay bad for it coz they came did all the paper work on 6th october 2008 and also the installation but they activated my account on 21st october 2008 and that too after talking to senior officials @ reliance. i think somewhere maybe in this thread or elsewhere on the forums i have posted contacts of mr sharma and mr rajesh, pls call them with giving all details of when u bought the connection.

one more thing......pankaj mishra @ Vrushabh Network is a liar and a f*****g a******** i hope i am not too offensive but that how i feel of that agency.....

Back