Reliance Wimax connection

Blade_Runner said:
lol 300kbps = 40KBps. Sounds about right to me mate. ;)

Hmm bro i meant i was getting a measly 5 kiloBYTES per second :p, anyway that issue seems to be fixed now and am getting somewhere between 35-40 kiloBYTES per second.

My only gripe with this connection has been that sometimes i just dont receive an ip from the dhcp server :mad:

Does anyone know whats the issue with the router not getting an ip :S

I just got my wimax connection 3 days ago. I have opted for a 600kbps line but i hardly get D/L speeds of 40kBps. The average D/L speed is just 20kBps :-(

I have contacted the customer care & they told me that they will resolve it; but i dont see any improvement. :-(

Can anyone tell me how much time do these guys take to repair a connection??
Does this thing really give good speeds in Malad/Kandivali area?? I live in Malad (West)..

:)

rushabht said:
Hmm bro i meant i was getting a measly 5 kiloBYTES per second :p, anyway that issue seems to be fixed now and am getting somewhere between 35-40 kiloBYTES per second.

My only gripe with this connection has been that sometimes i just dont receive an ip from the dhcp server :mad:

Does anyone know whats the issue with the router not getting an ip :S

dont switch off that POE box 9 white box.

If you are having ip issues. in command prompt use this command.

"ipconfig /renew"

and see if it gets a new ip in a while. otherwise just type
"ipconfig /release" in command prompt and reboot the pc.

It should get proper ip next time around.

But if you do not switch off that white box it will not give that dhcp ip error.
What happens is that after switching that box on, your ss takes some time to register itself on the bs. takes 2-3 minutes sometimes and out pc boots much faster and tries to get ip address which leads to this problem.

Funky said:
dont switch off that POE box 9 white box.

If you are having ip issues. in command prompt use this command.

"ipconfig /renew"

and see if it gets a new ip in a while. otherwise just type
"ipconfig /release" in command prompt and reboot the pc.

It should get proper ip next time around.

But if you do not switch off that white box it will not give that dhcp ip error.
What happens is that after switching that box on, your ss takes some time to register itself on the bs. takes 2-3 minutes sometimes and out pc boots much faster and tries to get ip address which leads to this problem.

Hmm the thing is that i dont seem to get an ip address on my WRT54GL Linksys router, on my pc it seems to work perfectly fine. On my router log the connection goes on a continuous loop for the dhcp discover packet, but never ends up getting an ip from the dhcp server :/

Hmm ... got my 300 kbps wimax connection up and running from 5th feb 2008 , It has probably worked for 10 days ... now i ain't paying them 1100 bucks for 10 days of internet. The customer service is a joke. After about 50 odd calls to customer care , after writing down more then 25 complaint no. and after cursing their mothers , brothers and sisters severely they send me a technician who after a great effort resolves my issue for about 1 day.

My problems are same as what aces was facing , cant access google related sites like orkut , TE and FE are incredibly slow. Posting here specially has been a pain in the ass and one very unique problem that i am facing is that no matter how much i try , i am not able to upload any image on any image uploading site. :S Download speeds fluctuate b/w 5 -35 kbps and upload speed does not go above 4 kbps.

I am from Bangalore btw and opted for this connection only because i recently shifted and only reliance was available in my area. I DON'T RECOMMEND WIMAX TO ANYBODY even if there is no other ISP in ur area. You are better spending that 1100 elsewhere. Trust me :|

Hmm ... got my 300 kbps wimax connection up and running from 5th feb 2008 , It has probably worked for 10 days ... now i ain't paying them 1100 bucks for 10 days of internet. The customer service is a joke. After about 50 odd calls to customer care , after writing down more then 25 complaint no. and after cursing their mothers , brothers and sisters severely they send me a technician who after a great effort resolves my issue for about 1 day.

My problems are same as what aces was facing , cant access google related sites like orkut , TE and FE are incredibly slow. Posting here specially has been a pain in the ass and one very unique problem that i am facing is that no matter how much i try , i am not able to upload any image on any image uploading site. :S Download speeds fluctuate b/w 5 -35 kbps and upload speed does not go above 4 kbps.

I am from Bangalore btw and opted for this connection only because i recently shifted and only reliance was available in my area. I DON'T RECOMMEND WIMAX TO ANYBODY even if there is no other ISP in ur area. You are better spending that 1100 elsewhere. Trust me :|

this connection seems to work faster n better on IE 6 than on Opera 9.....is just my system?? or has anyone observed anything similar?

LOL jokers, terminated my connection because in Jan (7th Jan), I told them in frustration to disconnect my connection as net wasnt working. The next day it started and I told them to cancel my termination.

The bottom line being yesterday my connection was terminated due to a request made 2 mths back, now they want me to pay the 500 bucks again as well as waiting time of arnd 2 weeks...

Aces170 said:
LOL jokers, terminated my connection because in Jan (7th Jan), I told them in frustration to disconnect my connection as net wasnt working. The next day it started and I told them to cancel my termination.

The bottom line being yesterday my connection was terminated due to a request made 2 mths back, now they want me to pay the 500 bucks again as well as waiting time of arnd 2 weeks...

lol pwned :rofl:

Such is the pathetic state of that company.... create a very unsatisfied customer from a satisfied one...

And it doesnt end here, today they come to take away their wimax reciever, I tell them I have applied for a new connection so no need to take it away, the idiots tell me someone will comeover and check again the feasibility in my bldg for signal strentgh etc... Getting a new connection to work flawlessly took me a mth last time :(

Funky can you help me here, gimme the no of someone with brains top there

I have the nos of 2 people who does know how to setup the connection and troubleshoot it. but they have nothing to do with the connection or disconnection.
Reliance outsources installation and maintenance. And i only fall back to these guys in case of problem and they get the problem fixed.

Even I am facing upload problem since yesterday all of sudden. Talked with them and its the server issue for sure like what happened in december.
Hope it gets fixed.

The agencies are restricted to particular area. The people i know are for bhaidar - kandivali area.

Has anyone registered to view n pay the bill online @ Reliance Communications.

I have been trying to register myself as new user but everytime i get a msg saying my email id isnt registered with reliance...i have lodged a complaint with the cc but its been 2 days and no solution in sight....

Anyone else faced a similar issue or know how to resolve it?

Nope, i registered without problem.

You need to use same email as in your Reliance Accounts page ( and not the reliance email that was assigned to you.)

Able to view and pay online without problem.

^^ i know that...my gmail id is even registered with reliance but i am still facing this problem....
god knows how long its gonna take to resolve this....i dont want to go cheque drop box hunting to pay my bills....

Trying to configure the settings in my netgear wgr614 WiFi router but its not working.. the setup looks like this:

Talisma Modem > Netgear Router > Comp. An RJ45 cable goes from the router to the comp. THe problem is that I cant seem to connect to my WiFi network via a laptop but the desktop works without any hitch.

Any solutions guys?

Net up and running, got a new connection from reliance again.

Upload issues sorted etc, these guys are jokers allrite, but downtime is the least I have come across max 3-4 hrs a week etc...

Back