Reliance Wimax connection

Vivek Punjabi said:
i am getting constant 60-70k upload and download on private trackers
My only gripe is that i really cannot surf, since http requests take for ever and time out most of the time. I even changed to opendns but that has not solved my problems...still i am happy can finally download all the movies i want and more

give me the number of the guy who u took the connection from.

also what scheme are you using etc & charges.

The guy who 500 bucks from me, I think his contact is on the first pages of this thread is not taking my calls. I want a refund because I didn't get a connection and have no chance of getting it in the near futire because the installer say its will not pick up in my building in Kandivali West.

In the meantime the Reliance guys are now talking to my building to sell some video conferencing equipment plus install a wimax antenna. That could takes ages knowing the people who run the society.

Got my wimax connection installed an hour back....things dont seem that good though!

The signal strenght is 29....
gateway pings are between 35-70 sometimes spiking to very high nos n quite a bit of request time outs...
Browsing is variable....i have taken the 2000kbps 4gb plan and the download speed doesnt cross 50-55KB....

The guy who installed the connection said i shld wait for 2 days for the whole thing to work properly....i am not sure why he said that....

Also the usage page seems crap....i am not getting any account details nor is it showing account usage...

And how do we change the plans??

if you cant see your account details yet means your account is not yet activated.

Once thats done you will be able to watch your account details.

Usage will be shown on limited plans.

And yes, it took couple of days at my end for my details to actually show up on the server. you will also get a call from them in couple of days confirming your details.

Also they did not charge anything for first month to me. nothing nada.....

Since a couple of hours things seemed have gotten better.....the browsing has become pretty quick....downloads are touching 120-130KB....

ping to the gateway is between 35-80ms with minimal packet loss and the odd very high spike....

I hope this continues as i dont want the connection to crawl during the day!

I tried DoctorPing from dslreports to check the pings on the wimax connection....

And the pings on reliance wimax are lower than on my tata adsl connection!

So Reliance has better routing to the US than TATA... I hope you know local servers here in India ping 260ms+ while most other ISPs will ping between 5-80ms. Around ~35-40ms is added to your ping by Wimax :p Reliance gives better pings to UK and the rest of EU than to servers here.

cyberjunkie said:
So Reliance has better routing to the US than TATA... I hope you know local servers here in India ping 260ms+ while most other ISPs will ping between 5-80ms. Around ~35-40ms is added to your ping by Wimax :p Reliance gives better pings to UK and the rest of EU than to servers here.

Actually no.
Reliance gives better pings to indian and EU / US servers.

On most indian game servers i get pings below 50 even with the added ping of 30-35ms by wimax. (TMG / VS servers have pings below 40 )
There are plenty of UK / france servers you can game on. You loose sg servers but its not a big deal to me. Plenty of good servers out there in EU ;)

Well the pings are lower as compared on reliance but i was having loads of problems with voice chat on Gtalk and TeamSpeak....in each case loads of packets being lost resulting in the other person barely making out what i was saying...

do ping -t xx.xx.xx.xx

where xx.xx.xx.xx being your default gateway ip address.

that will tell you if you are loosing packets.

I am using gtalk earthcaller to make international calls without any problems or even an echo for that matter. Crystal clear sound.

@cj here are the pings and tracert screenies.

1.JPG

2.JPG

Thanks Funky, thats awesome! My data is going through a completely different route once it goes out of Reliance's network. I'm getting 280ms to the Hathway IP. I THINK it goes through BSNL somehow and their weirdass route. I'm not sure. I'll try and get my tracert.

Can you post pings/tracerts for 202.63.160.44 or maybe PM me? That IP is V-Street (Exatt) :p I get 250ms to that.

Some hope now that I CAN get lower pings. Now to mail Reliance! :eek:hyeah:

Tracing route to 202.88.131.139 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 38 ms 49 ms 40 ms 123.236.11.1
2 38 ms 39 ms 39 ms 220.224.184.237
3 37 ms 50 ms 59 ms 220.224.184.62
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 267 ms 279 ms 279 ms 202.88.131.139

There.. beyond 220.224.184.62, we take completely different paths. I need to tell Reliance to route data through VSNL instead of taking the PHOREN line. :S

Finally got my wi-max connection today, after 1 week of waiting :|

The guys who came for installation took some 6 hours for installation :rofl: , they were checking for better signal all across the house. But atleast they finished the job, and the connection seems pretty stable atm. I'm getting like 1% packet loss currently, is that normal? :S

Opted for the 300 kbps connection but im just getting a measly 40 kbps currently :mad: :no:. Over all it seems much better than my tati indicamod broadband connection, pings are also 'decent'. But maybe its too early to comment on the reliability right now..maybe 1 month of usage would be ideal to know which isp was better :p

Back