Reliance Wimax connection

Hmm connection has worsened during the last week, I just gave the application to diconnect my connection, said it will take 15 days !!!

Lol took them just 3-4 days to set it up, I guess mine is a area specific issue, connection speed has reduced to below 32 kbps since last 3-4 days etc was fed up as am paying 1000 bucks for nothing

There was a problem with my connection when i was given a new connection as well. Dont bother telling them to send someone to fix the issue. You should have taken the no of the person who came for installation. Those are outsourced guys but they also handle maintenance.

And just file online complain regarding speed issue. Calling to customer service and trying to explain the thing is useless as the call goes to the call center and then they give info to service dept and during this procedure few days go and mostly wrong info is communicated. most of the times its problem at the server end. With your customer ID they can trace and fix the issue when you file online complain.

I called up the guy who set it up for me, he came and fixed the alignment issue. And I was having problems with my upload speeds. I filed the online complain and it got fixed in 2 days and even got a call back from them to confirm if the problem was fixed.

^^ Hmm cool will give it a shot...

But online complaint requires my customer ID, dunno what that is... will have to call up the customer care too...

Aces170 said:
^^ Hmm cool will give it a shot...

But online complaint requires my customer ID, dunno what that is... will have to call up the customer care too...

How the hell do you log in then???

That 12 digit no you have to enter in login window is your subscriver ID.

CA no : NA if you havent received your first bill.

Also heads up for mumbai users.

Reliance underwent a complete system maintenance today. Lots of things have changed. If you have problems connecting, in command window type ipconfig /release and reboot the PC.

The whole IP range for mumbai has changed from 220.xx.xx.xx to 12x.xx.xx.xx

So your SS needs to get new IP and DNS server addresses.

Ok so connection is fine since 7-8 days except since last night when I got the limited or no connectivity error, its been fixed now.

So had taken an off today, and spoke to the engineer at length apparently he said my issues were not new in the area, there were cases when the net was down 15 days a mth for some users!!! Hopefully I am not that unlucky.

Connection is fine right now, except my upload is capped at 40 kbps (5kBps upload speed) the engineer said, for my connection the upload speeds would not be the same as download speeds but 40 kbps cap on a 300 kbps connection does not make sense, I have spoken to his senior who said he will look into the matter....

The only reason I am continuing with the service is the customer service is excellent!! they will always send a man on weekdays after 1-2 hrs of calling the customer support. unlike the local cablewallas who switch off the cell in case something goes wrong...

Update about wimax in Kandivali, the Reliance guys came and tried to install but weren't getting a good signal in the building so went back. Now they are suggesting they will install a receiver in the building and want at least 25 people to sign up. This seems like a long term thing, any suggestions in the interim for broadband in Kandivali while Reliance works its issues out.

muahahahaha....Got the REliance Connection today !!!!

Doing good, better than what TATA had offered me in beginning :mad: :mad: :mad:

hi guys,

@aces, dude firstly lemme tell u that the wimax connection sux. i had allowed them to host their service in my building coz they wanted to host in my building as they had an advantage over hiegth and other factors and they were also ofering a good amount....anyways to the point after i left that fraud bhushan and igate i had approached these guys but then when they connected by building, at first it was very good but then it showed its true colours....simply the same stuff what u crying foul about. loss of connectivity and bad speeds. when complained they come and waste time for a few hours trying to explain stuff but at the end no result....feel like the same fraud bhushan service type....

anyways i have cancelled the connection and have they have also got stuff off my building and now i am using a better isp then i would have thaught i could get..

^^ Hmm care to give out details of the better ISP ? You know there are hardly anyone who is offering services atleast where I stay.

Reliance has not been upto mark, but right now I need my dose of downloads, and even if its working 3-4 days a week I have no other option...

@aces,

well at malabar hill we should start a kick fraud isp revolution.....igates gone, drive reliance away and sify will automatically die....so now the survivor on malabar hill would be hathway....i am using their 512k ul at 900 pm and dude i am very satisfied with the service coz have had only 7 days of downtime all over in 2007 so maybe u can figure out the service they offering...but then therez a problem..only selective operators are providing the service and i guess u come under incable so no chance u gonna get it unless they are willing to come to u.

Got my reliance wimax connection today... Its working great.. took a little time to get the default gateway and ip address, otherwise everything is great. speedtest showed 1566 kbps d/l and 377 u/l.

I also have a POE thing attached between the antenna and my PC, what's the function of that?

Its power over ethernet, bascially powering the antennae.

And thats some awesome speed you got, but yet ur upload speeds are 1/5th the download speeds same is my case, no amount of complaining is solving the issue.

do this. ipconfig /flushdns

then ipconfig /release

and then just reboot the pc.

Go to reliance page. Log off and then log on. And see if the issue goes away.

( do this just once ).

I must say I am impressed.. I called up customer care, and within half an hour the tech-guy called up and fixed the issue. :) Now, if only I can get this working with Vonage... :S

Called them a while back. I've been told they'll be coming on Saturday to set it up, if not Monday. I'm preparing for the worst - I wonder how laggy and lossy the connection will be. My current ISP connection happens to expire tonight, so TATA-Bye Bye Internets, LFS and TF2 :( (for 2-3 days)

Does anyone know how much does a static ip address cost in reliance? Also, how do I setup the wimax connection with Ubuntu? Just plugging it in doesnt seem to help :(

Back