Reliance Wimax connection

Ero-Sannin said:
is it good enuf for gaming and downloading ???cuz dling good on hathway 256 but gaming is worse

Its good enough for gaming on Indian and European servers.
Downloading is very good.

And the Power Over Ethernet was only sensible solution i guess. 2 different cables would have been real mess.

@amdlover. Its 300kbps. = around 35-37KBps.
600kbps = 70+KBps.

Hmm Gaming though I have not tried it would be a lil difficult as pinging the gateway only takes 30-40ms so geting sub 50ms pings is difficult, that said there are quite a few games which you can play at sub 100ms pings too.

Dloading is as they advertise, get avg 33kbps speeds, Funky as I was asking you do you get the rated upload speeds too ?

even though the gatewat pings are this much, the vstreet pings are below 50 for me.

SG pings are bad as i have already said. 200+

Hmm so I guess I can look forward to some gaming then...

Which games are played widely on V-street ?

ALso the sales guy who sold me the connection, said there are going to be new plans which will be available at the months end... you have any know how on those. Also once again what upload speeds in torrents do you get ? BTW i checked my signal strength its 29, which I get is good.

The reason I think am getting lower pings from gateway then you, is mostly the length of the CAT 5 cable I thinks its strecthed over 100 ft coming frm my 15th flr terrace to 3rd flr apartment...

yes even i was told about the new plans.

The cat5 cable shouldnt add to pings, in subscriber station login mode ( manual ip like i said before ) ping 192.168.1.1

What you get will be ping till your antenna.

Just enroll online complain to reliance about the problem. They will get it fixed. At my friends place it was similar issue and it was because of the BS to which he was connected. It was resolved within a week of registering complain.

My torrent upload speed is wayy more than my download speed. in high 80 and 90KBps if there are enough leechers connected.

Maintaining ratio is easy :p

Funky said:
And the Power Over Ethernet was only sensible solution i guess. 2 different cables would have been real mess.

Uhhhhhh..just had a thought, which takes me back to my previous ISP, cables-over-the-trees, surge-friendly jobby.

Once i had a problem, guy comes over and asks me to hand him the cat-5 cable and then he starts twirling it, there were drops of water coming out the RJ-45 end (!), did this for a bit then gave it back to me and connection started working. Only happens in India :clap:

All to say, that cat5 is going up to the roof, ie exposed to the elements and you got good rain in the monsoon.

How wise then is it to have power over ethernet in this case :huh:

Its not insane amount of voltage.

The wire they used here is high quality. The upper roof part is weather proof.

They have put a U loop outside my window so water wont come tricking in.

And its just 48volts. Thats less than our telephone and cable lines :)

I want an ISP just for gaming downloading i can wait for sometime so is it good enuf. As Funky said pings below 50 sound good since i play on 500 latency 50 sound awsome. I think i'll give it a shot and can u please tell me how much are the installation charges and service charges ? also how much tax is added in the bill.

300KBPS - Rs.1120/- (taxes inclusive)

I have applied for it, & would be gettin my connection by this thursday :D

Got fed up TATA INDICOM :mad:

This is the PDF which was forwarded to me when applied for connection !!!

Not able to attach the file :mad: :mad: :mad: File Limit !!!

Ok so the connection is unbearably slow in the late evening, and I keep getting limited or no connectivity probs a lot, thing is when the service guy comes its working fine...

I know am complaining a lot, its just I am unable to browse at all i this conenction, downloads seems ok, but browsing is impossible keep getting page time outs. Google never works at all, so guys before taking this connection, just chck if its working correctly in your vicinity...

Aces170 said:
Google never works at all, so guys before taking this connection, just chck if its working correctly in your vicinity...

You'd be lucky if you can do this *without* getting it in the first place :)

It's still not clear what your problem is, DNS probs, packet loss, weak signal ??

Funky did mention how to read signal strength earlier on

Signal strength is fine am getting 29, which Funky indicated is fine. The main issue is am getting high pings to the gateway with many request timed outs. And its just not a prob on my comp, 2 of my other frnds have taken the connection with me all of us have the same issues, browsing is non existent most of the times, download speeds are 30kbps 50% of the time, and 10 kbps the other half of the day, basically when the download speeds are 10 kbps surfing is impossible. Dont have a clue what the prob is, as atleast 5-6 hrs a day the net is working perfect, its the other 19 hrs the issue persists.

I reach home by 9:30 in the night, and during those times net is more or less down, so I cannot troubleshoot at all, I call up the call centre and they send in a guy who will never come on weekends, hence during weekdays he chcks my comp and says net is working fine.

just received the application form for the winmax connection...but the stuff on the second page is confusing...like plan name n speed...cpe n stuff...

how did u guys fill this or does someone else fill all that for you?

I am planning to apply for Rel's WiMax connection... I've read a lot of negative reviewws about it. But can anyone from Andheri (W) JVPD area give a review about the service in that area?

Wraith said:
just received the application form for the winmax connection...but the stuff on the second page is confusing...like plan name n speed...cpe n stuff...

how did u guys fill this or does someone else fill all that for you?

codes and cust no etc etc leave em blank. just in the plan area by hand write the name of the plan.
Also with the application attach a blank paper with your name contact details written.
And ID proof and address proof is needed and send the form to them. they will fill all those remaining details.

Aces170 said:
Signal strength is fine am getting 29, which Funky indicated is fine. The main issue is am getting high pings to the gateway with many request timed outs. And its just not a prob on my comp, 2 of my other frnds have taken the connection with me all of us have the same issues, browsing is non existent most of the times, download speeds are 30kbps 50% of the time, and 10 kbps the other half of the day, basically when the download speeds are 10 kbps surfing is impossible. Dont have a clue what the prob is, as atleast 5-6 hrs a day the net is working perfect, its the other 19 hrs the issue persists.
Sounds like a problem on their LAN rather than a wi-max problem.

Back